Monster Discussion #71: Kiryu

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Monster Discussion #71: Kiryu

Post by Gigantis »

LA conveys him fine,aside from the weird way he jumps. He's certainly my favorite of the MG's,with Showa being a close second.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Eshwar
Young Farmer

Post by Eshwar »

*Keeroo

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Personally I think Kiryu sucks and is the weakest MG. It is such a piece of junk. However there is an aspect of him I do love and that is of course the whole thing with Godzilla 54's spirit. Instead of focusing on that though which could have made this kaiju way more interesting it was unfortunately put on the back burner.

ilovegigan
Ronin

Post by ilovegigan »

I honestly love this version of MG and he's my favorite!

Being Japan's protector and also have the soul of Godzilla 1954 was a super cool concept for me and I wish they could have brought him back and/or mentioned him in Final Wars. :cry:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If Kiryu or MG had been in FW, it probably would have been as the final boss. Depending on your opinion of Kaiser Ghidorah, that might have been a good or bad thing.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ilovegigan
Ronin

Post by ilovegigan »

edgaguirus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:16 pm If Kiryu or MG had been in FW, it probably would have been as the final boss. Depending on your opinion of Kaiser Ghidorah, that might have been a good or bad thing.
It would have been SOOOO COOL too!!! Like I can just imagine how dope it would have been to see him again!! :( :( :(

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

edgaguirus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:16 pm If Kiryu or MG had been in FW, it probably would have been as the final boss. Depending on your opinion of Kaiser Ghidorah, that might have been a good or bad thing.
Wasn't Kiryu intended to play the same role as the Gotengo in an earlier draft of FW?