Godzilla 2000's "stolen" music

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla 2000's "stolen" music

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hey I've known about this for years but I got some reason haven't told anyone. Anyways I went through a phase of listening to a lot of classical music and I remember while I was listening to Erik Alfred Gynopedia 1 or whatever the notes sounded very similar to something I heard before. Anyways after listening and thinking I realized the track "Godzilla appears in Nemuro" from Godzilla 2000 totally riffed on it. If you want to hear the comparison between the two I think you'll quickly notice the similarities:

http://youtu.be/S-Xm7s9eGxU
This is the classical music clip, the similarity is the piano at 0:10 seconds to around 0:20.

Here's the Godzilla clip:
http://youtu.be/kjrp5eNCJMc

Instantly from the beginning you hear the similarities. So what do you think guys, plagiarism?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Godzilla 2000's "stolen" music

Post by Pkmatrix »

No, but it may be a homage.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Possibly a homage, a "borrowed" piece, or just a coincidence. Happens a lot. Listen to the Doom soundtrack. :P

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I think it's a total coincidence. There's only so many ways you can combine different musical notes that, with a billion years of music produced, there's naturally going to be similarities between pieces that are completely unrelated. It's not just entirely possible for two isolated people to come up with the same ideas, it's extremely common.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Sorry, but outside of one 2 second sound, I just don't hear it.

Plus, we are talking about Hattori here, who is far too inept to even understand what plagiarizing is. Hell, I wish he would have plagiarized his scores for both movies he did, as that would have been an improvement.