Originally reported Final Wars premise

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Originally reported Final Wars premise

Post by Godzillian »

I remember hearing about this as a kid when Final Wars was coming out. Would have probably been better then the actual movie

Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Post by Pacfanweb »

Very unlikely that an iconic...THE iconic monster of all time, which happens to be Japanese, would be killed off not only in China, but by a Chinese monster.
So many other outside forces at play here that it's mind boggling.

No way that would ever happen.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I was there at the time and yep, this was a Charles Barkley-style report given to a excruciatingly thirsty group of fans ready to accept anything remotely plausible as absolute truth.

Nice reminder in these times to seek out facts when anything suspicious comes forth.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

"In "Godzilla: Final Wars," the fictitious green monster that wreaked chaos around the world will lose his final battle to a fire dragon and die by the Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Pudong."

This is when I knew this wasn't worth the time to read lol
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maritonic wrote:"In "Godzilla: Final Wars," the fictitious green monster that wreaked chaos around the world will lose his final battle to a fire dragon and die by the Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Pudong."

I'd hope so since this a false report from 2003

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillian wrote:
Maritonic wrote:"In "Godzilla: Final Wars," the fictitious green monster that wreaked chaos around the world will lose his final battle to a fire dragon and die by the Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Pudong."

I'd hope so since this a false report from 2003
Said worth the time to read. Not true or false.

Plenty of people find false things worth their time to read, just look at the entire Godzilla 2 speculation thread.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

He was green in 1999 and 2000 tho :lol:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Destorogoji wrote:

He was green in 1999 and 2000 tho :lol:
............fair.I took this as a stereotypical "Godzilla is a giant green fire breathing dinosaur" comment. But, fair.

Genjira Overwatch
Samurai

Post by Genjira Overwatch »

Camdigidy wrote:I actually based a fan fiction I started a while ago (and sorta still am) writing. Minilla is killed and the rest loosely follows Final Wars except darker and more post-apocalyptic like I had hyped it up in my head before it came out. I know know that a dark termonator-esque Godzilla movie might be too much to ask for.
Hey, I actually remember you! You also did the Gyaos Apocalypse story, and you inspired me to do that Destoroyah Apocalypse story!
Am I still on? Er, well, we now return you to... Whatever it was you were doing....
Idiots.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

Genjira Overwatch wrote:
Camdigidy wrote:I actually based a fan fiction I started a while ago (and sorta still am) writing. Minilla is killed and the rest loosely follows Final Wars except darker and more post-apocalyptic like I had hyped it up in my head before it came out. I know know that a dark termonator-esque Godzilla movie might be too much to ask for.
Hey, I actually remember you! You also did the Gyaos Apocalypse story, and you inspired me to do that Destoroyah Apocalypse story!
Gyaos apocalypse sounds awesome, but that wasn't me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else, or a few people, wrote a fanfic that loosely follows Final Wars. Post apocalyptic Godzilla is such a rich concept that could be taken in any number of directions.

Btw, I just published the first part of the fanfic I was talking about on fanfiction.net. Title: The Xilian War Chronicles Part I. ;) (if you're interested)

Added in 6 minutes 16 seconds:
I remember hearing a early/working title for Final Wars was "The Godzilla." I'm not if that's as fake as the article this thread is discussing, but I thought it was interesting.
If it was a working title, part of me finds it kinda kool, while another part of me finds it as equally lazy as any other sequel that just sticks "The" in the beginning of the title.
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

This is news to me. The core idea is great with Godzilla waging one final war against humanity for taking away the only thing he's truly cared about. Though I do think that his final opponent being you're standard dragon seems kinda bland. Sounds interesting, but I/m glad that we got the current version of the film.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"