How would you have made Final Wars?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How would you have made Final Wars?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Space Hunter M wrote:
Final wars just needs a few elements edited out to be a decent film.
In Final Warriors 2004, I trimmed some stuff around the Xilien arrival (I chopped out the entire UFO experts scene), got rid of the unnecessary "so let me get this straight" bit of dialogue after Gordon's plan, cut Anna's farewell (she just kind of disappears from the movie), excised the "why is Godzilla destroying the town?" scene and the following dialogue between Ozaki and Miyuki, and cut the entire Kaiser subplot, which really slows down the third act. At 96 minutes, aside from being mostly a gag re-edit, a lot of the edits really help the film pacing wise.
Man Id actually like to see this. I feel like because of the kaiser thing the fight between Godzilla and Monster X got torn into too many parts.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Nani Sore
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Nani Sore »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:is super silly
So was Final Wars.

And which is worse - a movie aimed towards kids being silly, or a movie that was supposed to be an epic send off for a film icon being silly?
Now that 80 is gone I want the Texans to become the 80s Pistons bad boys. Every team in the league hates us because we beat the fuck out of them, play dirty, embrace the villain role. I want to truly become Patriots south with a more pissed off defense. I'm talking when tbe Rock turned heel. I want kids crying in front of their TVs while Swag poses over broken prettyboy quarterbacks."G-g-get up, Foles. Please get up?"

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Space Hunter M wrote:
Final wars just needs a few elements edited out to be a decent film.
In Final Warriors 2004, I trimmed some stuff around the Xilien arrival (I chopped out the entire UFO experts scene), got rid of the unnecessary "so let me get this straight" bit of dialogue after Gordon's plan, cut Anna's farewell (she just kind of disappears from the movie), excised the "why is Godzilla destroying the town?" scene and the following dialogue between Ozaki and Miyuki, and cut the entire Kaiser subplot, which really slows down the third act. At 96 minutes, aside from being mostly a gag re-edit, a lot of the edits really help the film pacing wise.
I didn't know you finished FW 2004. could it be possible for you to send it to me?
Godzilla

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Nani Sore wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:is super silly
So was Final Wars.

And which is worse - a movie aimed towards kids being silly, or a movie that was supposed to be an epic send off for a film icon being silly?
Many godzilla films have a lot of humor especially the Showa ones. And while GFW had a lot of silly moments none of them were significant towards the plot or offensive.
I'm really done defending final wars, I have my opinion and it's just getting annoying at this point.

Also I too would like to see this version but I'm going to make my own cut soon myself.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.