Lost Project: Godzilla vs. M

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Dino4ex
Samurai

Lost Project: Godzilla vs. M

Post by Dino4ex »

Couldn't find a thread for this and if there was I apologize.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_room ... _vs_m.html
What does everyone else think about this. I personally love the idea, especially the father daughter relationship. If I had a choice for an unmade Godzilla film to be made this would be it.

EDIT* Found a thread for this sorry :oops:
Giant Carnivorous Ants

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla vs. M

Post by 20th Century Boy »

No doubt inspired by the episode of Ultraman with Jamila.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Actually there is an existing thread on this:

http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic. ... st+project
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Dino4ex
Samurai

Post by Dino4ex »

Tohosaurus wrote:Actually there is an existing thread on this:

http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic. ... st+project
Yeah found that out to late. :oops: Mods can merge them.
Giant Carnivorous Ants

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

For a moment I thought it would be about Godzilla fighting a German child murderer.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Sounds almost like a Millennium version of Frankenstein Conquers The World
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

The outline for this project reminds me a ton of the classic British sci-fi flick The Quatermass Xperiment, which similarly dealt with an astronaut who becomes infected with some sort of alien organism which causes him to mutate into a grotesque but sympathetic creature who spares the life of a little girl in a pivotal scene. Of course, the creature is killed when Dr. Quatermass electrocutes it, rather than fighting a nuclear dinosaur, but that's all academic.

It also resembles the comic Giant Monster by Steve Niles, which came out a few years ago.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

DrBreakfastMachine wrote:Of course, the creature is killed when Dr. Quatermass electrocutes it
In the serial version he talks it to death. Godzilla has talked before, so it could've gone either way.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Well this soundslike a good flick, notgmk, vs Biollante masterpice, but as good as any godzilla flcks to entretain the public, I find curious the idea of godzilla vs humanoid thing

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

Space Hunter M wrote:
DrBreakfastMachine wrote:Of course, the creature is killed when Dr. Quatermass electrocutes it
In the serial version he talks it to death. Godzilla has talked before, so it could've gone either way.
If Godzilla came up to a giant mutated alien creature and said "HEY ANGILA SOMETHIN FUNNY'S GOING ON, YOU'D BETTAH CHECK! HEY ANGILA C'MON THUR'S A LOTTA TROUBLE AHEAD!" and it instantly died, I think I would shit myself laughing.

Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

Janjira-York wrote:Well this soundslike a good flick, notgmk, vs Biollante masterpice,
What?
DrBreakfastMachine wrote:
Space Hunter M wrote:
If Godzilla came up to a giant mutated alien creature and said "HEY ANGILA SOMETHIN FUNNY'S GOING ON, YOU'D BETTAH CHECK! HEY ANGILA C'MON THUR'S A LOTTA TROUBLE AHEAD!" and it instantly died, I think I would shit myself laughing.
To be honest, I would too. It would be the worst ending ever, but I would still laugh. Make sure to add in that weird radio sound effect and it sounds more like this:
DrBreakfastMachine wrote: HRAREY ARRNGILARR SOrrRARRARRMETHIN FUNNY'RRARS GOINRARG RRRRON, YOU'DRARRWUUUU BETTAH CHECK! HEY ANGILWEARWOOA C'MORRRRN THUR'S A RRARRLOTTA TROUBLRRRARARAE AHEARRRD!"
Yeah. That's how Godzilla should always sound...
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.