GMK Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

GMK Godzilla

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Im not trying to be mean, but doesnt GMK Godzilla seem ugly LOL? His eyes look wierd and he looks like his back is messed up. And we was a weak godzilla too!
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Re: GMK Godzilla

Post by Ookondru99 »

He has some what of a pot belly, that's what fucks the design up for me. Face shots are awesome, but full body shots are kinda hilarious. As for him being weak, I'm not even going to begin to get into that topic. Just know a reckoning is coming.
Last edited by Ookondru99 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

MuchWowSuchGodzilla wrote:Im not trying to be mean, but doesnt GMK Godzilla seem ugly LOL? His eyes look wierd and he looks like his back is messed up. And we was a weak godzilla too!
Sometimes I feel this way about the latest incarnation, but that's "a secret to everybody."

Dino4ex
Samurai

Post by Dino4ex »

I actually really like the design (belly included). He looks like he's past his prime, though he can still kick some ass.
Giant Carnivorous Ants

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I like the eyes of this design. This Godzilla is pure evil, fueled by angry spirits, and the white eyes help pull off that evil look.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I like GMK Goji but those legs don't fit. They are spreaded too far apart and show no support of his body. The rest is spot on.

Giant Condor
Yojimbo

Post by Giant Condor »

I would want Final Wars Godzilla's body with GMK Godzilla's head.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

Would you look at that, another GC fan. :lol:

Yes that would be ideal, like I said the body (specifically the pot belly) fucks the design up for me

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Giant Condor wrote:I would want Final Wars Godzilla's body with GMK Godzilla's head.
Here you have it. :D
Hi!

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

Nice!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i like it. i dunno how powerful he is (real talk) because his opponents seem to be pretty weak (which may be deliberate on the director's part)...but his design is nice. pot belly can stay, because the head doesn't fit with a slim body IMHO for whatever reason.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

^Same could be said of Final Wars goji. Not saying GMK is the strongest, but he is up there.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well, Godzilla has never exactly been "attractive" anyway. The problem with GMK Godzilla, is that he was designed to be INCREDIBLY hunched over, which would have eliminated the gut and rather awkward shots in some places during the movie. However, because that most likely would have put a huge strain on the actor's back, the suit swapped its hunched stance, with the more traditional upright posture; And that's why the potbelly is visible.

#BotM

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Of course. GMK Godzilla is essentially a walking, zombie corpse that is only being kept alive by the angry WWII spirits using his body as a vessel.

#BotM

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

I never thought of this Godzilla as being ugly. It's probably my favorite Godzilla design, maybe because the 8 inch is one of the first vinyls I got.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

The first thing that stood out when I first saw the movie was that belly of his.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

three
Keizer

Post by three »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:The first thing that stood out when I first saw the movie was that belly of his.
this, and his weird face. i am not a fan of the "no pupil" look to the eyes, or the exaggerated features such as the "vampire teeth".
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I actually think the GMK design of Godzilla is one of the best in the Toho series.

Early showa was good, but after King Kong vs Godzilla they started to slowly decline. Godzilla vs the thing was good to but minus the ''nip-pick'' of the wobbly mouth/lip. That's not saying i hated them except for Son of Godzilla's which was disgraceful.

Heisei Godzilla started out Epic, G-1985 was over-all great minus a few shots, Godzilla vs Biollante and Godzilla vs King Ghidorah were the prime of Godzilla's design. After that they just started to get fatter and the thighs just got enormous.

2000 series started out weak, Didn't care for Godzilla's more greener tone, the large middle spine, not to mention the purple-ish color for them was stupid. Final Wars was okay, even with it's slight rat like face which was nip-picking but the spines were once again to small.

GMK nailed the face perfectly, it's eyes were that of pure hell and fury, loved the fangs, it's overall build was very intimidating the only nip-pick for this design would be the beer belly but it was far from a deal breaker. I was actually very disappointed when the changed the design for the next 3 sequels but oh well.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

I like the design, but it has its shortcomings: Oversized feet, a hunched back, and the pot belly. I think if they had modified the suit when it became apparent their plans for a forward-leaning, T-rex posture wouldn't work, it could have been perfect for the tone and story of that movie.