GMK: Godzilla's Heart?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Do you think Godzilla regenerated from his Heart?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 80

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Re: GMK: Godzilla's Heart?

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Since this movie has no follow up within its continuity, my answer will be no.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

edgaguirus wrote:It will keep on beating.
Until it gets eaten by all the ocean scavengers...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

This has been said before, but I think it's more of a symbol for how Godzilla (or what he stands for) is something that will never really go away than a hint at a sequel - of course, that's not saying they wouldn't have used it as the kick-off point for a sequel, if they ever made one.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Which will cause one or more to mutate, due to the radiation, and you'll have multiple sea monsters to deal with. An appropriate legacy, really.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

edgaguirus wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Which will cause one or more to mutate, due to the radiation, and you'll have multiple sea monsters to deal with. An appropriate legacy, really.
So thaaaat's how he got so big...

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

I think it's probably both symbolic and literal. others have touched on the symbolism more eloquently than I could hope to so I will focus on my reasoning of it neing literal

if the Godzilla in this continuity was killed in 54 with the Oxygen Destroyer, (that was mentioned in the film right?) then he could conceivably return to form from the beating heart after a good long while. after all, a disembodied heart is more to work with than whatever the Oxygen Destroyer leaves behind.

this Goji is powered by both radiation and WW2 ghosts, and I would bet the latter would be directly responsible for a return from the demise in 54.

so I will vote yes. but it's likely both
Last edited by Huan_of_Valinor on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

In a way, I guess it means that as long as war-tragedies-corruption and such exists, Godzilla's heart will keep on beating and if it means what we all think, then maybe even return from that (regeneration...).
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yes, from the music plus the thematic intent it is meant to indicate Godzilla will/would be back. If they wanted to kill him off they wouldn't have bothered doing that it including that scene. In good films every scene has a very specific purpose. The purpose of that scene was to show Godzilla could not be killed and would be back
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And that's the heart of the whole scene.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GigaGoji
GPN Volunteer

Post by GigaGoji »

I personally think he'll regenerate from it. Otherwise the movie wouldn't have spent so much time zooming in on the heart.

Or, it could be just a symbol.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Without Godzilla or the Guardian Monsters, Destoroyah and the Gyaos shall be able to conquer Japan and the whole world once and for all. Mwahahahaha! XD^_^
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

God dammit Son. Every time you bump a dead thread, you're getting a warning. Is that understood? I have run out of patience with this.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^ what did he do that was wrong? Anyway yes that heart is symbolic and means godzilla will come back
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I've never understood why bumping old threads is such a no-no; at least, if you have new information to contribute, which I guess wasn't the case here.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yeah, it makes more sense to bump an old thread than to create a new one that someone would just end up requesting be merged with the old one...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Mechagigan wrote:I've never understood why bumping old threads is such a no-no; at least, if you have new information to contribute, which I guess wasn't the case here.
eabaker wrote:Yeah, it makes more sense to bump an old thread than to create a new one that someone would just end up requesting be merged with the old one...
My feelings exactly. I honestly agree.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Too bad this movie couldn't somehow tie in with Tokyo SoS, with the Japanese salvaging GMK's beating heart