GMK: Godzilla's Heart?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Do you think Godzilla regenerated from his Heart?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 80

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

GMK: Godzilla's Heart?

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

What do you guys think as we see in the end of GMK is Godzilla's beating heart at the bottom of the sea. Do you think Godzilla manage to regenerate from just his heart or not? If so explain why or why not?

IMO I think it is likely that he did, but not right away. It'd probably take a few decades until Godzilla fully regenerates.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Re: GMK: Godzilla's Heart?

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Yes, because you never know when you might need a quick concept script or story outline.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A whole starfish can regenerate from a severed arm, so it's possible the heart could become a new Godzilla. However, it would take time.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Windego47

Post by Windego47 »

I think he regenerated from that heart, but it would take forever. I think that way 'cause it's fricking beating, man!

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

What about all the other various chunks floating around in Tokyo Bay? Would each of them grow into a new Godzilla? If so, would they all be evil GMK-Gojis, or would they develop differently, into various other Showa, Heisei, and Millennium Godzillas? If they don't all regenerate, then why would the heart? Wouldn't the military be scouring Tokyo Bay after an incident like that, collecting radioactive debris and Godzilla bits? How could they miss an enormous radioactive heart beating away on the seabed? What should they do with it? Blow it up immediately? Put it in a tank and study it? Build a Kiryu around it? Shoot it into space, where it can grow into a Space Godzilla?

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Godzilla 1995 wrote: Interesting theory on a possible regeneration, but I think the best explanation is just that Kaneko wanted to show "Godzilla will never go away" or something along that line. Not as fun, but there you are.
I largely agree. Personally it seems entirely possible Godzilla would regenerate from the heart, but regardless "Godzilla is never really gone" is the point (as also evidenced by Raids Again, G85, and some other Millennium films).
Zillamon51 wrote:What about all the other various chunks floating around in Tokyo Bay? Would each of them grow into a new Godzilla? If so, would they all be evil GMK-Gojis, or would they develop differently, into various other Showa, Heisei, and Millennium Godzillas? If they don't all regenerate, then why would the heart? Wouldn't the military be scouring Tokyo Bay after an incident like that, collecting radioactive debris and Godzilla bits? How could they miss an enormous radioactive heart beating away on the seabed? What should they do with it? Blow it up immediately? Put it in a tank and study it? Build a Kiryu around it? Shoot it into space, where it can grow into a Space Godzilla?
Probably not; at least historically that's not been the case (Gargantuas, ahem!). Maybe the heart is the basis for regeneration? Idk.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If the heart was found, then I imagine scientist would be scrambling for the chance to study it. Kept in a tank, they'd provide the heart with nutrients to keep it alive. Unfortunately, feeding it those nutrients would fuel a quicker regeneration. In the end, they'd be responsible for creating a new Godzilla.

You know, there's a movie somewhere in that idea.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

edgaguirus wrote:If the heart was found, then I imagine scientist would be scrambling for the chance to study it. Kept in a tank, they'd provide the heart with nutrients to keep it alive. Unfortunately, feeding it those nutrients would fuel a quicker regeneration. In the end, they'd be responsible for creating a new Godzilla.

Yeah, it's called Frankenstein Conquers the World.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Eh, the scavengers will eat it before anything happens. ;P

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:If the heart was found, then I imagine scientist would be scrambling for the chance to study it. Kept in a tank, they'd provide the heart with nutrients to keep it alive. Unfortunately, feeding it those nutrients would fuel a quicker regeneration. In the end, they'd be responsible for creating a new Godzilla.

It sounds more like Reptilicus.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

edgaguirus wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:

It sounds more like Reptilicus.
Or Sex and the City
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dreddzilla
Samurai

Post by Dreddzilla »

I say yes.
I'm still a bit bummed we never got a sequel, that ending was just begging for one. :(
The MST3K Jaguar song.
HE JOCK IT MADE OF STEEL
EATS SUSHI FROM A PAIL
JET JAGUAR? JET JAGUAR!
HE MOTHER NEVER REALLY LOVE HIM
HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVERS UP A BASIC INSECURITY
HE DICKEY COVERS UP AN ADAMS APPLE THE SIZE OF A TOYOTA
HE BASICALLY GOOD-HEARTED BUT HE'D LIKE TO SMASH THAT KID AGAINST A ROCK
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
WHO'S THERE ?
HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE JACK NICHOLSON
DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT, IT WILL STAY THAT WAY
YAHMMMAAHOAAHOAAAUGH!
DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

KJ Corp wrote:Eh, the scavengers will eat it before anything happens. ;P
Doubt it, it must have an awful lot of radiation.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

So what scavengers do eat a piece could be mutated. Godzilla could still wreak havoc even though he's just a beating heart.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

There's a reason the camera pans to his heart.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

I say yes, because of the whole Regenerator G concept (or whatever it was called) from Godzilla 2000. Even though it's not the same Godzilla, Godzilla's healing properties were pretty much a constant by that point, so I vote yes.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i take the literal interpretation of the heartbeat and go with the idea that Godzilla will simply regenerate. i can see the metaphorical or allegorical significance of his heart remaining alive and intact, but as a fan i read into it as my favorite monster refusing to die, and never truly losing a fight.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Voting yes.
I think that he can survive things like that but it'll take years and years to be complete.
One year to regenerate his legs, the second year his genital and so on and on.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I always took it as Godzilla will always live one way or another... They might get a couple decades of peace but eventually Godzilla will rise again.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It was more symbolic than anything else really.

#BotM