What If The GXM Godzilla Was In Godzilla Tokyo SOS?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
three
Keizer

Re: What If The GXM Godzilla Was In Godzilla Tokyo SOS?

Post by three »

We don't bother differentiating Showa incarnations with this much scrutiny. The powers end up being virtually the exact same across the board anyway, so all were doing is arguing between what which movie said.

But, if the topic question is along the lines of having two Godzillas in one film, I guess with see a triple threat.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Venom 2009
G-Force Personnel

Post by Venom 2009 »

G2000 wrote:
three wrote:so yea, same Godzilla here. there'd be literally no difference.
But they're not.

Godzilla vs Megaguirus establishes that the Godzilla in that film is the same one as in 1954, and that the Oxygen Destroyer was never invented. It also states that up until the events of the film, Godzilla was the only monster.

Godzilla X Mechagodzilla establishes that the original Godzilla was killed by the Oxygen Destroyer and it's bones are being used to build Kiryu. It also establishes the Godzilla in that film is the second one. It also states that in between 1954 and 1999 (when the second Godzilla first surfaced), there were three other monsters: the Gargantuas and Mothra.

They are two separate timelines, and two separate Godzillas.

Also, the idea is not that KiryuGoji is replaced by MireGoji-the idea is that MireGoji shows up along with KiryuGoji. Basically, the idea is "Tokyo SOS with 2 Godzillas." Doesn't matter if there have basically the same powers, two Godzillas would definitely shake things up.
Thanks for explaining everything! :D

three wrote:But, if the topic question is along the lines of having two Godzillas in one film, I guess with see a triple threat.
Yes, this is about having two Godzillas in the movie.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

yea, this would be brutal and in favor of the Godzillas. if they could put aside their desire to throw down for even a few minutes, Kiryu would be utterly destroyed. you have to remember: it had enough trouble with just one Godzilla. two would simply overpower it, and leave the Mothras on an even playing field as opposed to at a numerical advantage. the only negative is if the G's fight it out against one another. in that instance, every kaiju has the opportunity to win BUT must move immediately or the moment will pass.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:
G2000 wrote: It also states that in between 1954 and 1999 (when the second Godzilla first surfaced), there were three other monsters: the Gargantuas and Mothra.
Are we forgetting a certain turtle? ;)

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/kamoebas_mill.htm
Hey, it barely was talked about in the SOS except that one scene. Besides, the one time we do see it, KiryuGoji had already used it as a chew toy.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST