Attack On Titan: The Movie

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Re: Attack On Titan: The Movie

Post by Kaiser »

Yeah, a couple AC-130s is all it would really take. Titans aren't exactly capable of waging guerrilla warfare, so it'd be a pretty one-sided battle.

And it'd be a shame if they didn't include the Female Titan at all, considering that's probably the best arc in the series, but we don't even know if titan shifting is going to be a thing in this universe so who knows where they intend to take the story.

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

I just watched all of AOT pretty recently. Indeed, it stands out from others of its kind in premise. How befitting of Toho to do a live-action adaptation! It made me wonder what a more scaled match-up with G'14 and the Colossal Titan would look like (Battle of the tiny heads!)
I just would like to see a bit more diversity in the Titan types.
Monsters are the real people.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So I just started following the live action series and why are every talking about the colossal titan at 120 meters being bigger than Godzilla like it has never happened before? 120 meters is a walk in the park for Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

The Colossus Titan would get absolutely shrek't against G'14, especially seeing as the Colossus Titan's only fighting prowess is slapping shit with its giant, meaty hands.

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

It also has no beam weapon so it'll get burned before it gets close enough for one of its lumbering attacks.

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

Not to mention changing Armin from blonde to brunette, and making the entire cast Japanese (when in the anime and manga, Mikasa is the only Asian, and everyone else is Caucasian and even have German-sounding names). Not being racist, but it would really be nice if they stuck to established information, because Mikasa, judging from the picture, actually looks more Hispanic (though it could be the lighting). Again, not being racist, but I as an AoT fan, I expect them to CARE.

GojiGuy02
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojiGuy02 »

So is there an official source for the height, or is it just the poster?
Because if the latter is true, then they might just be exaggerating the size.

Similarly to:
Spoiler:
Vatarian wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
Vatarian wrote: Bullshit. Spacegodzilla stomps and you know it.
How does SpaceGodzilla stand any chance at all? It's obvious SpaceGodzilla is the victor here.
Prove it. Spacegodzilla's feats are MILES above Spacegodzilla's, and don't even try the "outlier" route.
Resized Image

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

I'm not going to call them out on it considering other countries race-lift characters all the time. It's unfortunate, but everyone does it so it feels a bit unfair to single them out.

Besides, they didn't really have any options. What were they going to do, give everyone blond wigs? Hire a bunch of inexperienced foreign actors whose abilities the director will have a hard time judging?

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

MandaSaurus wrote:How soon after the Japanese release could we see it in the US? The recent success with 'DBZ: War of Gods' will likely speed up the process, as Japanese Studios realize that there is a growing market for their product in the US. It's called, 'we're getting fed up with most of the Hollywood crap, & Japan - and other countries - are making BETTER movies than the US these days'...

I want to see 'Attack on Titan: The Movie' so much... and the next Japanese Godzilla movie...
The US/Canada remains a very small market for foreign films, unfortunately. According to Box Office Mojo only 26 have even gotten to $10M in all the years, or six in the $30M+ range. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/cha ... oreign.htm

Though I am sure we will have a release of the AOTs and Godzilla, each of which should be good for a few million. It all depends on who the distributor is and how aggressively they market the film and try to get more theaters to pick it up. It COULD do some decent business, or as I said earlier just a few million.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Going by the posters and character pics of the link posted, I can't say I care for the direction they're going in. I'll still see it, but my expectations are lower now. Heh.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

DesuGojiFan wrote:The Colossus Titan would get absolutely shrek't against G'14, especially seeing as the Colossus Titan's only fighting prowess is slapping shit with its giant, meaty hands.
I know right? I freakin laugh everytime people thinks Colossal Titan stands a chance against Godzilla.

It's basically Colossus vs. Mr. Burns.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Eh, I think you guys may be downplaying the Colossus a bit. Godzilla would beat him, but I don't think it'd be a total pushover. ^_~

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Pkmatrix wrote:Eh, I think you guys may be downplaying the Colossus a bit. Godzilla would beat him, but I don't think it'd be a total pushover. ^_~
Hmmm, I don't know are we? Colossal Titan can be hurt by people using swords, and hurt by firearm and cannons, Godzilla however can walk through military firepower like it's nothing and survived Bikini Atoll.

Yeah, Colossal Titan is definitely a pushover.....

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

Colossal is mainly vulnerable to small, quick moving objects because his enormous size gives him slow reaction times. He'd probably fare better against bigger opponents given that their size would make it so they wouldn't be able to take advantage of his biggest weakness. Manga-Colossal is pretty much a siege weapon though, who was never designed to engage in direct combat, so there's also that to consider.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So since the character posters show that girl holding a rocket launcher/rpg/bazooka I wonder if more modern tech will be in this movie? Perhaps tanks? How would a tank do against a Titan? Would it be too much?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

All I know is...
Spoiler:
They're probably not going with the plot twist about the military police suppressing advanced technology, given that a rocket launcher is a good deal more advanced than the muskets they have in the manga.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Indeed, which worries and at the same time intruiges me.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

The second trailer is out:

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

OOh. Noice trailah. And who cares if they changed the races, at this point? It's such a prevalent thing in media these days.... You constantly see movies where ethnic characters are played by white actors, or their ethnicity is outright erased.... Funny that people care when the situation's reversed. If they can sell the roles, I honestly don't care where they're from all that much, especially since this appears to be going in a bit of a different direction from the source-material.

And yeah, gotta say.... The Colossal Titan would be mowed over in half a second by pretty much any incarnation of Godzilla, Legendary especially.

Imagine an elderly human fighting a bear.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Not sure if it's been thrown out in this thread yet, but the release dates for each of the LA films are August 1st and September 19th, respectively. Naturally we still don't have any real word on a US release, if it reaches any theaters here. I think Funimation should pick it up and release it here. Their home media releases tend to have nice artwork and such.

The question is how big a potential theatrical release should be. Godzilla 2000 had over 2100 theaters at its peak, which may have been too much. However, too few theaters and you lose sales too. I'm gonna say something like 1000-1300. Plus they should stagger the release of the second one so that they can make more off of that IF the first one is adequately successful.
20th Century Boy wrote:Hell, it might even be more popular here than Godzilla 2016.
I'd completely agree with that, and just one of the AoT films will undoubtedly out-gross Toho's new Godzilla film in Japan too.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren