Where did Final Wars go wrong?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Re: Where did Final Wars go wrong?

Post by Unit~NoA »

Yeah the CGI effects were on the wonky side with the fight but I wouldn't use cringe worthy SFX as a legit excuse against a feat.
And Kumonga having a secret jet ability…don't know what to say, other than it isn't official, lol.
It doesn't matter what other Godzilla can do, I'm just pointing out GFW feats that make him standout, showing he's still strong in his own right.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:Yeah the CGI effects were on the wonky side with the fight but I wouldn't use cringe worthy SFX as a legit excuse against a feat.
And Kumonga having a secret jet ability…don't know what to say, other than it isn't official, lol.
It doesn't matter what other Godzilla can do, I'm just pointing out GFW feats that make him standout, showing he's still strong in his own right.
Except other Godzillas have done better feats. Even G2014 is more impressive, and he tires out like a wrestler.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

I'm not saying who's better at all. Although there're handful of people here with logical thinking who'd debate with you and say otherwise, myself included, aren't here and (I) have no energy to further venture this subject as of now. Saying again, impressive are not, he's still respectfully powerful in he's own right taking account of he's feats.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:I'm not saying who's better at all. Although there're handful of people here with logical thinking who'd debate with you and say otherwise, myself included, aren't here and (I) have no energy to further venture this subject as of now. Saying again, impressive are not, he's still respectfully powerful in he's own right taking account of he's feats.
Such as taking out several watered down versions of monsters who'd normally wreck him or give him a hell of a long fight?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

I'm not debating with you man. Not with a guy who thinks Hedorah is some invincible walking sludge alien who stomps G14, MX, and KG by himself.
Last edited by Unit~NoA on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Could we move back on topic, guys?

If this is really so important to you, take it to the PMs or find/make an appropriate FM.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unit~NoA wrote:I'm not debating with you man. Not with a guy who thinks Hedorah is some invincible walking sludge alien who stomps G14, MX, and KG by himself.
Cept he is~

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Aside from that.
The monsters like Hedorah, Gigan, Rodan were poorly excruciated. Those three mainly were the only monsters shown to be at a equal/or more than, to Godzilla in the Showa series. It was a bad move to turn them into canon fodder. The rest to me were kinda excusable, like Kumonga, and the giant-flying-mantis-monster-I-have-no-damn-to-give-to-look-up-its-name, Zilla, Ebirah, and maybe Angrius and King Caesar.

The bug kajius had terrible fighting track records and screen care during Godzilla's Revenge. Angrius and King Caesar should've brought a better fight together surely, but their Showa counterparts weren't really much to begin with either, though as to why its important to emphasis their personalities and even that wasn't done. Ebirah was shot out his water element and was never good on land as I remember. Zilla I fully understood, too.
And every Godzilla movie outside of Showa followed the same rule with Mothra, she always dies at the end (maybe in GFW if you included the credits).
Last edited by Unit~NoA on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Actually, Kumonga should have been more of a threat. He almost killed Godzilla twice in Showa if Minya didn't interfere.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Final Wars gone wrong with humans having more scenes than godzilla.
Last edited by Gojora on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Gojora wrote:Final Wars gone wrong with humans having more cutscenes than godzilla.
cutscenes?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

LOL, "cutscenes". Holy shit, the younger generation is hilarious.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I think you mean screen time, Gojora.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Goji wrote:LOL, "cutscenes". Holy shit, the younger generation is hilarious.
Oh hi, my name's Dumbass. How are you?
2004Zilla wrote:I think you mean screen time, Gojora.
Yeah...
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Goji wrote:LOL, "cutscenes". Holy shit, the younger generation is hilarious.
Almost as much as the Butterfly generation. ;)
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

Shannon Squid
G-Force Personnel

Post by Shannon Squid »

Gojora wrote:Final Wars gone wrong with humans having more scenes than godzilla.

Isn't that the case with every Godzilla movie ever?

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

People shouldn't be able to stop kaiju.
This is the beginning of the end.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don't think final wars went wrong at all.
Hedorah shouldn't have been there but other than him all the monsters in the film got their moments. Ebirah attacks that oil place, all the monsters attack famous landmarks and sure Godzilla disposes them quickly but in very awesome ways. By the end of the film there's a huge Showa style climax with Gigan and Monster X vs Godzilla and then Keizer Ghidorah. You can't compare this to Destroy all monsters where there was tons of cameos and the final fight was a pathetic curbstomp. Not to mention the mechs and the mutants were really interesting ideas.

The movie also didn't feel as bottled as the rest of the franchise. It felt really international, not just being affecting japan.

Even though there were a lot of human scenes I loved the over the top action human scenes. Keep in mind the film was also the longest Godzilla film until 2014. So even though there's a lot of human scenes it's not taking away from the monster scenes. On top of that the humans were interesting. X was by far the most direct and characterized humanoid villain who was actually threatening. Captain Gordon was a cool badass and Ozaki was cool also.

The only thing I really think final wars shouldn't have done was what it did with Minya. That whole subplot felt completely out of place and far different from the rest of the movie.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

And why shouldn't Hedorah have been there, exactly? You didn't actually provide any reasoning.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Basically what went wrong with G98 - too much control to the wrong people (or person in this case).