Best and worst Kaiju designs

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Best and worst Kaiju designs

Post by Dino-Mario »

Of all the millenium kaiju, which one do you think has the best design and why? Mine is Final Wars Gigan. He looks very agressive, scary and bloodthirsty
And which one do you think has the worst design? Mine is 2001 Mothra. I dunno exactly why, it's just that she doesn't look right... but then again, everyone has his/her opinion, so you may not agree on this

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: Best and worst Kaiju designs

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

FW Godzilla.

That Rat face. Ugh......

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Best: Godzilla 2000, Orga, FW Gigan, & Monster X

Worst: King Caesar, Zilla, & Rodan
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

kaijumaikeru
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijumaikeru »

-post removed-
Last edited by kaijumaikeru on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

KaijuMaikeru wrote:Worst: Monster X
I'd like to hear your reasons for this.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

kaijumaikeru
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijumaikeru »

-post removed-
Last edited by kaijumaikeru on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuMaikeru wrote:
Giveaway412 wrote:
KaijuMaikeru wrote:Worst: Monster X
I'd like to hear your reasons for this.
His first form is alright but the second (Kaizer Ghidorah) is the one I'm talking about. I think it looks terrible.
I'd go the other way around. Keizer Ghidorah is nothing special, but doesn't bother me, either; the initial Monster X form just looks completely out-of-place in a Godzilla movie, to me.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The best would be G2000 Godzilla and Kiryu. I liked the spines on Godzilla's suit, and the head looked good. I'm not sure why I like Kiryu. It just has a good design.

The worst is Kaiser Ghidorah. It just doesn't work for me.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I would say the best would be GMK goji, a nice throwback to the original design. I really don't care for the others, the crystallized huge spines are just too dramatic of a change for me. Kiryu is nice. Reminiscent of the Showa mg. Doesn't have a dopey expression like the Heisei version nor the massive thunder thighs. Worst, i would say monster x. Keister Ghidorah is up there too, looks like a recycled des Ghidorah suit. Monster x just looks too humanoid for me.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

What's with all the people saying Monster X is humanoid? He's not that humanoid.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Giveaway412 wrote:What's with all the people saying Monster X is humanoid? He's not that humanoid.
Take out the double rat tail and he looks like a rejected Power Rangers alien. (Even though he looks like one with the tail also.)
^This post in sexually offensive.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Giveaway412 wrote:What's with all the people saying Monster X is humanoid? He's not that humanoid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid

Seems pretty humanoid to me. http://i.imgur.com/1sntGUp.png

EDIT: I find the lack of Megaguirus in this topic disturbing.
I completely agree.

Best - Gamera (Legion), Godzilla (SOS), Baragon (GMK), Biollante (Personal Favorite), Monster X, Megaguirus, Mothra (SOS), Gigan (FW) and Kiryu (GXM).

Worst - Dagarla, Desghidorah, SpaceGodzilla, Gabara, Mothra (GMK)

Explanations - For the best really they in my mind are either the best of their appearances or just great monster designs. Biollante was excuted supremely well and could have been done horrible. Same with Megaguirus. Could have been generic but giant, prehistoric killer instinct vibe was pulled off nicely.

For the worst, well most of these are basic except that Mothra suit. I really like every other in the movie but Mothra... it just looks off. Maybe its just me.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Best: All Godzillas except for Final-Goji; Kiryu; Mothra 2003; Gigan; Megaguirus.

Worst: Orga; the rest of the Final Wars monsters.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

20th Century Boy wrote:Best: All Godzillas except for Final-Goji; Kiryu; Mothra 2003; Gigan; Megaguirus.

Worst: Orga; the rest of the Final Wars monsters.
I have no idea what they were thinking when making Orga, especially when thinking that EATING Godzilla was a good idea..
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Monster X may be slightly humanoid, but the tail, the hunched figure and that giant three-headed skull thing completely destroy any traces of being human.

Best: Monster X, Mothra 2003, Kiryu, Orga, Gigan 2004, Ebirah 2004, Kumonga 2004.

Worst: Kaiser Ghidorah, Godzilla 2000, Kamacuras 2004, Anguirus 2004, Hedorah 2004, and to some extent Megaguirus.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Living Corpse wrote:
Giveaway412 wrote:Monster X may be slightly humanoid, but the tail, the hunched figure and that giant three-headed skull thing completely destroy any traces of being human.
Humanoid shape =/= being an actual human. :\
Worst: Kaiser Ghidorah, Godzilla 2000, Kamacuras 2004, Anguirus 2004, Hedorah 2004, and to some extent Megaguirus.
Megagurius is worst than Orga? Megaguirus at lest had effort put in her design and powers, Orga is generic as all hell, the only thing really stand out is his one shoulder cannon and DNA absorbing/dislatching his jaw.
I don't dislike Megaguirus but I don't like her. I do, however, like Orga.

And as for Monster X, if we're discussing "Humanoid shaped monsters are bad" then many other monsters, including Godzilla, must be bad too.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Living Corpse wrote:I have Zone Fighter as my avatar.

Why would I say human shaped monsters are "bad"? How did you even get that from my post? :\
My mistake, it wasn't you, it was Stevo_1985.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Giveaway412 wrote:
And as for Monster X, if we're discussing "Humanoid shaped monsters are bad" then many other monsters, including Godzilla, must be bad too.
I wouldn't say humanoid is bad. It's execution. That and I really just don't like him. How could i put this. The guy earlier put it just right. He looks like a rejected power ranger alien. What he could have been and this is the best toho could come up with. I think he looks boring and ridiculous all at the same time. To be perfectly honest I hate him and nobody's gonna sway my opinion. Of course, I really don't care for the sensory overload that is GFW so take it as you will.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I don't think Monster X is too bad or too good; he's just kinda... there. I'm a big fan of diversity in kaiju, so the humanoid shape doesn't bother me at all. What did bother me was that there was great potential in making a Ghidorah precursor (like some sort of de-evolution form), but it wasn't used very effectively in Final Wars. Not even for surprise effect.

Palaeogirl
GPN Volunteer

Post by Palaeogirl »

Best: All the Godzilla suits, FW Ebirah and Anguirus, GMK Baragon and Mothra
Worst: FW Zilla, Keizer Ghidorah