Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Weakest monster in the Millennium Series

Post by _JNavs_ »

KManX89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Kiryu whooped G's ass a few times, now GMK King Ghidorah on the other hand? Pathetic, I'd put even GMK Baragon ahead of him.

He needed 2 power ups and still died twice
To be fair, it was a souped-up Godzilla much like the one in GvKG.

But any monster that dies in 10 seconds fighting THE Godzilla is pretty much the winner by default:

That's very true I completely forgot, although I'll give a little credit to Zilla and say he just got the bad end of the stick when it came to Godzillas first attack which was an atomic blast straight through that tunahead.

Ebirah did get unloaded on by the alien matrix soldiers (at least they were using super weapons)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Kiryu. It needs an absurd amount of power via a VERY destructible energy link (the White Huron plane can easily be blasted out of the sjy by Godzilla's death ray) and it's not that durable. It takes 2 hits from Godzilla's ray before going down. The fact that this is original Godzilla resurrected makes this insulting to me. You don't nerf a Godzilla!
The Showa and Heisei Mechagodzilla's were far more reliable, durable, and fuel efficient.
To be fair, Kiryu is much better in the games.
Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.
"With the help of the Mothra Larvae" being the key words. Besides, while he has good firepower, his durability still sucks and requires a massive amount of power.
He had help in the sense that she silked Godzilla up like a christmas present. Kiryu was doing some heavy lifting. You're acting like he didn't thrash Godzilla around and went the distance with Godzilla. Ebirah and Hedorah are WAY weaker anyways, but Kiryu is by no means weak.
Image Image

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: Unless you're saying Kiryu < Hedorah < Kamacuras <<< Ebirah, then no way haha! Kiryu fought Godzilla to a draw and an eventual defeat (with the help of the Mothra Larvae), but I feel as though he is one of the stronger monsters of the era. He fights Godzilla good.
"With the help of the Mothra Larvae" being the key words. Besides, while he has good firepower, his durability still sucks and requires a massive amount of power.
He had help in the sense that she silked Godzilla up like a christmas present. Kiryu was doing some heavy lifting. You're acting like he didn't thrash Godzilla around and went the distance with Godzilla. Ebirah and Hedorah are WAY weaker anyways, but Kiryu is by no means weak.
He requires an absurd amount of power for his batteries and easily gets damaged by Godzilla's atomic ray with ease.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Didn't GMK Mothra get one shotted and evaporated by Godzillas atomic breath though? GMK Ghidorah got one shotted twice and exploded.

I just realized everyone from GMK got vaporized lmao
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

No, Mothra took two blasts if I remember correctly.

And really, the monsters in GMK aren't weak so much as Godzilla's just abnormally strong. The film doesn't frame him as a normal incarnation at all.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I would've loved to see more of him in more flicks. More religious based origins for the kaiju would be cool too

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

In my opion it has to be Kamoebas is the weakest over all kaiju in the Millennium series. I mean we only ever see its dead body.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

xolta wrote:In my opion it has to be Kamoebas is the weakest over all kaiju in the Millennium series. I mean we only ever see its dead body.
That makes no sense though. Just because it died doesn't mean it's weak, we don't know how it died in fact lmao kinda unfair to say :lol:
Image Image

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Kamoebas gave off the worst impression, that's for sure, lol.

Godzilla mowed through most of the monsters in Final Wars pretty easily, but I don't know if that's because they're weak or because Godzilla in that film is just that strong.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

I'm really tempted to say Kiryu because of how he gets one-shot KO'd by Godzilla's atomic breath. In both films. But I think there are definitely weaker foes in the Millenium series.

Of course, aside from maybe the monsters in GMK (who are basically gods or spirits) and Keizer Ghidorah, nobody else in the Millenium series feels that powerful. Especially compared to the rough'n' tough Showa kaiju like Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, or Gigan; and the super powerful Heisei monsters like Destroyah, Mechagodzilla, or SpaceGodzilla.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

I'm really tempted to say Kiryu because of how he gets one-shot KO'd by Godzilla's atomic breath. In both films. But I think there are definitely weaker foes in the Millenium series.

Of course, aside from maybe the monsters in GMK (who are basically gods or spirits) and Keizer Ghidorah, nobody else in the Millenium series feels that powerful. Especially compared to the rough'n' tough Showa kaiju like Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, or Gigan; and the super powerful Heisei monsters like Destroyah, Mechagodzilla, or SpaceGodzilla.
While I don’t really like “weakest vs strongest” type debates, I’ll point out something; most monsters get 1KO’d by a direct landing of Godzilla’s beam
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Kamoebas can't really be properly evaluated, since we just see his dead body. I'd say worst was either Kamacuras or Zilla from Final Wars.

While I don’t really like “weakest vs strongest” type debates, I’ll point out something; most monsters get 1KO’d by a direct landing of Godzilla’s beam
Not to mention Kiryu sends Godzilla flying on multiple occasions in H2H, while other monsters couldn't even touch Godzilla.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?

I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EternalMothra
Samurai

Post by EternalMothra »

I would say Kamoebas - since he was just slashed by Godzilla and killed. Whereas, at least some (if not all of the FW kaiju) actually did "something."

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

But for all we know, there was a titanic struggle of near-equals beforehand. I mean, kaiju from various films in various series have ended up dead. That doesn't mean that they were weak or didn't put up a heck of a fight beforehand.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

EternalMothra wrote:I would say Kamoebas - since he was just slashed by Godzilla and killed. Whereas, at least some (if not all of the FW kaiju) actually did "something."
And where did you get this? Also, again, we don't know HOW he died or how much of a fight he put up as Zarm said, so Kamoebas is ruled out entirely. Kiryu is ruled out as well since not only did he put up a tough fight, but there are considerably weaker monsters in the Millennium series. It'd be tough scaling the guardians power levels in GMK since they fought a guaranteed death machine, but even those guys are more powerful than monsters from GFW based on how much of a fight they put up alone.
_JNavs_ wrote:I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?
This would be tough, first we'd have to ask who is tougher between MG1 and MG2. I feel like MG2 is overall better since he literally killed an arguably more powerful Godzilla, but MG1 is an insanely tough H2H fighter with a variety of defensive weapons. I feel like MG2 could tank MG1's weapons but would get slaughtered H2H, it all comes down to MG1's durability to other weapons, and that's tough since we only see him tank Godzilla's weaker-than-Heisei beam. Well, he does take his own beam as well and that does some damage. Thus I feel as though MG2 has a chance if he fires everything off before MG1 has the chance to get up close, once MG1 is unclose it's GG. Now Kiryu is a good H2H fighter and possibly better, but he's got terrible durability, so that's a wrap for Kiryu.
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.
I might make a case for Rodan, King Caesar, and Anguirus, which is that it's the same case with the GMK kaiju like UltramanGoji said, which is that they were just fighting an abnormally stronger incarnation of Godzilla himself.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think a good one would be Kiryu vs MG1/2 who wins?
This would be tough, first we'd have to ask who is tougher between MG1 and MG2. I feel like MG2 is overall better since he literally killed an arguably more powerful Godzilla, but MG1 is an insanely tough H2H fighter with a variety of defensive weapons. I feel like MG2 could tank MG1's weapons but would get slaughtered H2H, it all comes down to MG1's durability to other weapons, and that's tough since we only see him tank Godzilla's weaker-than-Heisei beam. Well, he does take his own beam as well and that does some damage. Thus I feel as though MG2 has a chance if he fires everything off before MG1 has the chance to get up close, once MG1 is unclose it's GG. Now Kiryu is a good H2H fighter and possibly better, but he's got terrible durability, so that's a wrap for Kiryu.
Yeah I agree, Kiryu got put out of commission pretty fast in both his fights. Though he does have an impressive arsenal and like you said even more impressive hands

KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd say any Kaiju from Final Wars minus the beast combo of Gigan/Monster X are the weakest of the Millennium series. Followed by those weak "gods in name only" from GMK.
I might make a case for Rodan, King Caesar, and Anguirus, which is that it's the same case with the GMK kaiju like UltramanGoji said, which is that they were just fighting an abnormally stronger incarnation of Godzilla himself.

Those 3 from FW did put up a good fight so that's true. For GMK though I feel like they all got power boosted once they became "gods". Godzilla was the strongest, but Godzilla has always been the strongest, generally speaking. So say you boosted all 4 kaiju to god level, Godzilla would still likely end up on top.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amp87
Samurai

Post by Amp87 »

There are many different kaijus in the millennium period but if i had to choose one that would be Ebirah he was wasted by mutants using their weapons with little to no effort. Poor Ebirah just a giant mutated crab or lobster who never really got respect.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

GMK Ghidorah (KINO). Pathetic foe.

Dishonorable mention: Kamacuras, Kumonga, GINO, Hedorah & Ebirah. Orga wasn't all that formable of a challenger either.
Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Mon May 01, 2023 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

In terms of power downgrade, Hedorah by far. She went from a worthy foe who would've made Keizer Ghidorah look like a chickenshit to a weakling who gets deep fried with the damn shrimp. Almost everyone in GFW is down there but Hedorah's downgrade is by far the most insulting. Also, GMK Baragon, but that's okay because he tried his best and we love him.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy