Godzilla Jr. = Final Wars?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
demoylition
Interpol Agent

Godzilla Jr. = Final Wars?

Post by demoylition »

I know this is incorrect, but I've seen people say this so many times. Where the hell are they getting this idea from?
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Jr. = Final Wars?

Post by SpaceG92 »

demoylition wrote:I know this is incorrect, but I've seen people say this so many times. Where the hell are they getting this idea from?
During the opening sequence they flash back to the ending of Godzilla vs Destoroyah and show images of the frozen Godzilla at the same time. They apparently put 1 and 1 together and assumed it was Jr.

/thread
*I always wanted to say that*

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SpaceG92 wrote:/thread
*I always wanted to say that*
And you made the most of your opportunity! Bravo!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I say it was just some loser fan making it up that just wants continuity in his movies.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I hear the original script for FW was supposed to continue the Heisei series.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Possibly. I personally believe the Final Wars Godzilla to be Godzilla Jr. I don't know if that is a fact, but I like to believe so.

Megalon7
Monsterland Worker

Post by Megalon7 »

Godzillaman wrote:Possibly. I personally believe the Final Wars Godzilla to be Godzilla Jr. I don't know if that is a fact, but I like to believe so.
There are no returning human characters, no returning Heisei monsters, and no mention of any events that went on in the Heisei series. Final Wars has it's own history that it briefly explains in the beginning of the film (been a while since I watched it, but I think it mentions something about Godzilla being trapped in ice since the 60's)

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Megalon7 wrote:
Godzillaman wrote:Possibly. I personally believe the Final Wars Godzilla to be Godzilla Jr. I don't know if that is a fact, but I like to believe so.
There are no returning human characters, no returning Heisei monsters, and no mention of any events that went on in the Heisei series. Final Wars has it's own history that it briefly explains in the beginning of the film (been a while since I watched it, but I think it mentions something about Godzilla being trapped in ice since the 60's)
The narrator doesn't mention him being trapped whatsoever, but considering that the Ataragon model seems to be Showa, that might be so.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

It's just not true. It's a separate timeline
"A monster can live forever"

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Did you not read my post? I never said that it was a fact.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

Godzillaman wrote:Did you not read my post? I never said that it was a fact.
I sure did. But what I said, IS fact. Just clearing that up for you
"A monster can live forever"

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

I'm glad it's not Godzilla Jr. Unlike his father, Godzilla Jr. is actually cool.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

gzilla46 wrote:I'm glad it's not Godzilla Jr. Unlike his father, Godzilla Jr. is actually cool.
What? Okay before people explode on this post, let me clarify.

Wrong Godzilla Jr, gzilla. Were talking about Godzilla Jr from the Godzilla vs Destoroyah not the one from Godzilla the series. But i'm still confused by your post, what Jr are you referring to?

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I'm glad it's not Godzilla Jr. Unlike his father, Godzilla Jr. is actually cool.
What? Okay before people explode on this post, let me clarify.

Wrong Godzilla Jr, gzilla. Were talking about Godzilla Jr from the Godzilla vs Destoroyah not the one from Godzilla the series. But i'm still confused by your post, what Jr are you referring to?
I'm sorry. I just got confused. But, yeah, Godzilla Jr. is not in this movie, I'm pretty sure of that. They have Minilla, though.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

I heard Gigan's claws were more phallic, Hedorah was just sea weed controlled by the souls of dead krill to strike fear in our hearts and Oozaki and that other mutant were supposed to make out at one scene.
On Topic: I still can't believe some people see a connection when there is none.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Godzilla: Final Wars is set in it's own little universe, separate from all other Godzilla films. In their world, none of the other 27 Godzilla films happened. So no, Godzilla Junior is not the Godzilla in GFW.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing