What original verison of GMK whould you like to see more

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What original verison of GMK would youhave liked to see

GAV: Godzilla Angiurus and Varan all out giant monsters attack
64%
Godzilla vs M
No votes
Godzilla vs Kamacuras
3%
I'm happy with GMK
33%

Total votes: 33

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

What original verison of GMK whould you like to see more

Post by Biogoji »

As you know Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah all out giant monsters attack aka GMK went through two original versions of it before it became what it is today they are Godzilla Angiurus and Varan all out giant monsters attack which is the same as GMK but instead of Mothra and King Ghidorah it would have been Angiurus and Varan. Or Godzilla vs M that would show Godzilla fighting a Japanese astronaut who has mutated into a giant monster know as M. So which one would you have liked to see more for me I would like to have seen GAV because Angiurus and Varan along with Baragon are three of my favourite kaiju of all time and I love GMK.
Last edited by Biogoji on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What original verison of GMK whould you like to see more

Post by eabaker »

I'm a big ol' Anguirus fanboy, and I always thought the Godzilla vs. M story sounded clunky and potentially insufficiently focused on Godzilla, so my choice is clear.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I'm happy with the version we got. Too many quadrupeds in the first version, and the one with the mutated atstronaut just sounds stupid and is fan fiction material.

#BotM

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

eabaker wrote:and I always thought the Godzilla vs. M story sounded clunky and potentially insufficiently focused on Godzilla
Sounds like a standard Goji film to me. ;)
bleep bloop

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Any of those could have work for me personally.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Personally, i think it should have been Godzilla vs Manda, Baragon, and varan. Guess it just seemed more appropriate to me.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

While it would've been cool with Varan and Anguirus I was happy with what we got. I didn't mind Ghidorah being a good guy for once. I thought it was pretty chill to change it up for him. Godzilla vs M though sounds more like a Godzilla movie that would fit into the showa series or maybe a made for tv movie but I think it would've been interesting at the least.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I would've obviously preferred Anguirus and Varan over Mothra and King Ghidorah instead. Reason being I just fell in love how Kaneko originally wanted to revive this 3 obscure Kaiju (Anguirus more or less though) and reuse them perfectly in this fantastic film. This seemed to be Godzilla VS Toho's own version of the 3 Legendary dogs (from Pokemon), but Toho's greediness was money minded and replaced Anguirus and Varan with the recycled Ghidorah and Mothra.
Yooo 8-)

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

While I LOVE Anguirus and Varan, I think the fights would have been way too similar. Not to mention the monsters would have looked too similar. I mean, they would obviously have to make up some new powers for them to mix it up.

If Baragon got curbstomped so hard, I can't picture the other two faring any better. It would have been another GFW before that was even made.
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

Jomei wrote:I like the film as it turned out, but I would like to see what Kaneko would have done if he could have followed his own plan. Some of the problems of the final battle might not have been problems at all given the monsters he intended to use.
What problems are you citing? It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I thought the final monster battle was pretty well done. If you're talking about the submarine thing, however...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Black Lion wrote:
Jomei wrote:I like the film as it turned out, but I would like to see what Kaneko would have done if he could have followed his own plan. Some of the problems of the final battle might not have been problems at all given the monsters he intended to use.
What problems are you citing? It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I thought the final monster battle was pretty well done. If you're talking about the submarine thing, however...
The sub thing wasn't so bad was it? I mean I know godzilla blowing himself up is kinda of a lame way to end the movie but the sub going inside him was kinda cool. It would've been cool if they destroyed him from the inside out by using the drill on one of his organs like his heart or lungs.

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

Godzillian wrote:
Black Lion wrote:
The sub thing wasn't so bad was it? I mean I know godzilla blowing himself up is kinda of a lame way to end the movie but the sub going inside him was kinda cool. It would've been cool if they destroyed him from the inside out by using the drill on one of his organs like his heart or lungs.
I mean, I guess it was a neat idea and definitely a novel approach to the series... but to me it just came off like The Magic Schoolbus :lol:

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Added the very original version of GMK which was going to do Godzilla vs Kamacuras not much is known about this other then Kaneko wanted to see the design of Kamacuras in CGI but when he leant that insect monsters were the basis of Godzilla vs Megaguirus he wanted to do some more original but sadly adding this has reset the poll so you have cast your votes again sorry.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Biogoji wrote:Added the very original version of GMK which was going to do Godzilla vs Kamacuras not much is known about this other then Kaneko wanted to see the design of Kamacuras in CGI but when he leant that insect monsters were the basis of Godzilla vs Megaguirus he wanted to do some more original but sadly adding this has reset the poll so you have cast your votes again sorry.
Well that's something I never knew. :eh:
Yooo 8-)

KingOfTheKoopas
Ronin

Post by KingOfTheKoopas »

Tyler wrote:I'm happy with GMK because whatever the story Toho still would have held Kaneko and co back creatively and schedule wise. I do prefer GAV over the alien monster story though.
This is how I feel. Whatever ideas were planned, they were subject to the actual execution of the production. It's impossible to make a decision about whether any of these other ideas were better without seeing the final product of each.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Goji99 wrote:I never heard of Godzilla vs. Kamacuras being a choice. Still, have to stick with the first idea, GAV.
Yeah, what's the story behind it?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

This is the first I've heard about a Godzilla vs. Kamacuras...

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

On th main site it's talked about in the background of Godzilla vs m in the cutting room.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I like my GMK the way it is, with badass Godzilla, tiny Baragon, badass Mothra, and pathetic Ghidorah.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

TheBlackParade
Yojimbo

Post by TheBlackParade »

While i was happy with GMK, I would be interested in seeing GAV.
Drop it! (Dubstep sounds!)