Gigan's Role as an Antagonist in Final Wars

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gigan's Role as an Antagonist in Final Wars

Post by eabaker »

Godzillaman wrote:
MeltingGoji wrote:I know he uses the laser during the destruction of the city but as far as against someone else yeah I don't believe Showa Gigan ever did.

But yeah he's there because Final Wars is basically just the Millenium Version of "Destroy All Monsters" and was just a big huge Showa party. In fact Jet Jaguar and Megalon aside, they got pretty much every showa character there and just had Godzilla role through them.

I'd rather have something like DAM and have all the monsters take on Keiser Ghidorah and finally beat him. It's already DAM in 2004, might as well just finish it like that,
I still haven't seen DAM. It looks to me like just a bunch of Earth monsters taking on one alien monster at the same time. I could be wrong. I should see it sometime.
That is more or less what the final fight consists of, but it's a very well staged and photographed fight, and, of course, it's only one sequence of a movie with a lot of other things to recommend it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Agreed.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote:
Godzillaman wrote: I still haven't seen DAM. It looks to me like just a bunch of Earth monsters taking on one alien monster at the same time. I could be wrong. I should see it sometime.
That is more or less what the final fight consists of, but it's a very well staged and photographed fight, and, of course, it's only one sequence of a movie with a lot of other things to recommend it.
My all time favourite Godzilla fight scene if you ask me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Still it was nice to see a classic monster again after a long hiatus.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And his design was a bit more menacing.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.