Pokémon: Extremespeed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Pokémon: Extremespeed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewt

Post by Beef Bigshot »

aaaw screw this. i was gonna watch the movie but hell no now! the F*** is this!
Resized Image

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

I hate how they write of all of Ash's encounters with legendary pokemon all the time. Damn it. WTF is wrong with them.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

demoylition wrote:I hate how they write of all of Ash's encounters with legendary pokemon all the time. Damn it. WTF is wrong with them.
?

Most of the movies aren't intended to be canon with the anime in the first place. Even then, there are still plenty of encounters with legendary Pokémon in the anime anyway. Currently, the US episodes are at the point where Ghetsis is summoning Reshiram.
bleep bloop

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote:So the movie was finally released in Japan...

*SPOILERS*

The Mewtwo shown in this movie is NOT the same one that was introduced in Mewtwo Strikes Back, or the special. In fact, the director attempts to write him off entirely by having Ash totally forgot who or what a "Mewtwo" is! Also, the one introduced in this movie is female... hence the female VA. This is probably the biggest black mark I have against this film. It treats the young audience like they're idiots, having shown both the 1st movie and special various times in Japan to hype up this one, and disrespectfully slaps the older fanbase hard in the face.
Well... wow that is disappointing. So much for the legendary Pokémon being unique. Seems like so much lost potential here, especially since the trailers and promotion played up Mewtwo's return so much.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Arbok wrote:Well... wow that is disappointing. So much for the legendary Pokémon being unique. Seems like so much lost potential here, especially since the trailers and promotion played up Mewtwo's return so much.
About that, some slightly good news.

It turns out Ash did not forget the first Mewtwo... Rather, when he saw the new female one, he has a "Wait, aren't you...?" kind of reaction to seeing her. It's rather ambiguous, but heavily implied he remembers the 1st Mewtwo, but realizes this She-two is not the same as the old one he met. Outside of that, though, 1st Mewtwo is never referenced. Some very strange decisions made for this movie. The marketing was especially shameless, using bait-and-switch by heavily promoting the old Mewtwo, but ending up having another take his place.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

-_-

Words cannot express my outrage.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote:The marketing was especially shameless, using bait-and-switch by heavily promoting the old Mewtwo, but ending up having another take his place.
Oddly enough, wouldn't be the first time for a bait-and-switch in their marketing related to Mewtwo. They also featured him, via outline against a cloudy background, to promote the third Pokémon movie: Lord of the Unknown Tower. Was waiting for him to show up that whole movie because of that to kick Entei's ass.

At least this time Mewtwo actually shows up, but it would have been so much more satisfying had it been the same one. Oh well, at least this still greatly increases the chances for Mewtwo to be playable in the next Smash Bros.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

so i watched footage prologue thing from the new movie and it looks cool. this new mewtwo is defiantly weaker than it brother. even its awakened form doesnt seem to match the originals power. still its pretty cool. im still trying to get over it being a girl though. it just doesnt fit.....well it fits the awakened form, but not the original
Resized Image

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I really don't like how the made a second Mewtwo. If mewtwo was supposed to be a one of a kind pokemon, he should be one of a kind.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I love the butthurt over the Mewtwo, it's almost as bad as the Serebii Forums xD

But if the rumors of Mewtwo having a third form are true, then it's probably ginna go something like this;

This Mewtwo is a chick because she has the X form, which is the dominate chromosome in females, where as the other form will be a Y form, representing the dominate male chromosome, which is what old Mewtwo would be. I mean look at the Newtwo; long flowing 'hair' :P

Purely speculation though.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

MothraRocks wrote:I love the butthurt over the Mewtwo, it's almost as bad as the Serebii Forums xD

But if the rumors of Mewtwo having a third form are true, then it's probably ginna go something like this;

This Mewtwo is a chick because she has the X form, which is the dominate chromosome in females, where as the other form will be a Y form, representing the dominate male chromosome, which is what old Mewtwo would be. I mean look at the Newtwo; long flowing 'hair' :P

Purely speculation though.
Actually thats pretty good.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Yup, that's pretty cool, but I doubt it. I'm sad that mewtwo ain't it's badass self again, thats kinda why he is my favorite legendary, he didn't f*** around.
Resized Image