Use of DNA computers?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
SoleMan
G-Grasper

Use of DNA computers?

Post by SoleMan »

Hey, I felt this was the best place to pose my question:

I've been developing a comic book character for quite some time now, and I created him as a robot built around a human skeleton. This was mainly due to the fact that when I was imagining him, I had a vision of a skull on top of a robot body, and thought it looked cool. Really cool. I then thought of the idea of the skeleton being there to fuel the DNA computers that run the machine, and it was only after I wrote it all down did I realize I was ripping off Kiryu from Godzilla (Which I don't is that exclusive to Godzilla, is it?)

I understand that Kiryu used the DNA computers because they were more effiecent than what they had at the time, and that the real reason was just to have Mechagodzilla run amuck and have a sentience, but is there a bit more to to it? How much of it is pseudoscience? How would it best be explained that my character would have to have these kind of computers?

The current description of the character is as follows: "He runs off of DNA computers which can perform many tasks at once, giving him the ability to think and process like no other machine can. I needed massive amounts of DNA for him to work, and despite the fact taht everything in him is connected by a neural network, every module of his body needed a full genome to operate at full capacity." (I'm not gonna get into the details of how he obtains this skeleton. ;) )

This story is supposed to be fifty years in the future, and is about the more "hard science" of older comics that I think has been lacking lately, and as such I want to make it as plausible as I can. It doesn't have to be like I'm really plotting a schematic, but I don't want to sound as if I'm talking out of my ass on this. Any help is appreciated! :D
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Re: Use of DNA computers?

Post by SoleMan »

I guess that's essentially what my character needs: Reflexes to help him in times of need. But I thought it also had something to do with multiple processing, like if he has to deduce a logic problem, he can work it out in a matter of seconds, or is that the need for a positronic brain?
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.