Godzilla 2000 beam strength

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Breakdown
Keizer

Godzilla 2000 beam strength

Post by Breakdown »

So after watching the film, I've noticed that Godzilla's beam varies greatly in power from being able to barely damage buildings to annihilating entire city blocks in a fiery explosion. Is his beam stronger the more he charges it or does it gain strength the longer it's fired?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2000 beam strength

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well it is his own special weapon, and something that he greatly relies on so yes he can control the power of the atomic breath to a tee, just like every other Godzilla in the Millenium and Showa era at least. As LC said, is some scenes Godzilla fires a weaker beam that merely causes the UFO to retreat from its post, and in other scenes he is shown ripping through the UFO and tearing/burning through a good piece of Orga's side by merely grazing it. Finally when Godzilla really wants to cause some damage, he supercharges the atomic ray to engulf Orga in flames and leave the beast with only a small percentage of his flesh remaining, and to turn Tokyo into a sea of hellfire.

2k's beam is extremely hot, and extremely versatile.

#BotM

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

You know, in my personal opinion, I regard G2K's ray as the strongest non-spiral ray of any Godzilla. During the scene when Orga tries to bite Godzilla, he fires a quick blast at Orga's shoulder cannon, which blows off a huge chunk of Orga's body! No other normal Godzilla ray has ever done that.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I agree with LC, orgas defensive skills are pathetic, orga doesn't have massive armor or anything like that. Sadly we will never know for sure how strong godzillas beam attack is because both of his opponents are pathetic when it comes to resisting beam weapons. After whatching GvsM I came up with a theorie that maybe Godzilla fed of plasma energy and sorta got his spikes to mutate and his skin turned green, also it charged up his ray a bit. This theory only works if you would try and make all the millennium series movies have some continuity with each other though.
Resized Image

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Beef Bigshot wrote:After whatching GvsM I came up with a theorie that maybe Godzilla fed of plasma energy and sorta got his spikes to mutate and his skin turned green, also it charged up his ray a bit. This theory only works if you would try and make all the millennium series movies have some continuity with each other though.
I sincerely hope you're not being serious.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Lola I wasn't I kinda said that just to get a responce.
Resized Image

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

What does the forced joke say about his power level? It's over 2000!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I haven't seen the movie in a while, but as I recall the beam seemed to be mostly heat, with little kinetic force behind it. I don't remember it ever pushing Orga back, and it just neatly burned away chunks of his flesh. And the spaceship was able to fly forward for a few seconds while the beam was pushing against it, until it eventually blew apart/crashed/whatever exactly it did.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ The beam really ripped the spaceship apart and proceeded to burn through Orga's side.

#BotM

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JAGzilla wrote:I haven't seen the movie in a while, but as I recall the beam seemed to be mostly heat, with little kinetic force behind it. I don't remember it ever pushing Orga back, and it just neatly burned away chunks of his flesh. And the spaceship was able to fly forward for a few seconds while the beam was pushing against it, until it eventually blew apart/crashed/whatever exactly it did.
It doesn't really need kinetic force to do damage.G2K's ray is like a white hot sword being stabbed into you. IMO, that's damaging enough already.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Agreed. I wasn't trying to say it's not a destructive beam, just making an observation about its properties. I probably could've been more clear about that, I suppose. But yes, it's definitely lethal. There are a lot of monsters he could easily torch with it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

agreed, just watched the movie. the beam have varying strength. sometimes it does minor damage and sometimes it torches orga!
Resized Image