Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

What is your favorite suit of the Millenium Series?

Mire Goji (Godzilla 2000/Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
31%
Sokogecki Goji (GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack)
33%
Kiryu Goji (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla/Godzilla: Tokyo SOS)
23%
Final Goji (Godzilla: Final Wars)
13%

Total votes: 93

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Re: Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Millenium Series

Post by 20th Century Boy »

The Miregoji gets my vote. Before I saw G2K and GvM, I hated the fact that Godzilla was incorrectly stereotyped as green. I didn't want a green Godzilla in ANY of the movies. Then I saw the first two Millennium movies and I was blown away. The green skin color looks perfect with the sharpy purple spines and the cat-like face. It's exactly what they should have made GINO look like: appropriately updating the design without being too extreme. In fact, I think it might even be the definitive look for Godzilla now, only slightly beating the '54 suit.

*Dodges vegetables*

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Alright since nobody picked it as their favorite, I might as well go ahead and say it, my favorite is the Kiryu-goji, I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEE THIS SUIT!!!!!!!! I like how it's sort like the Mire-Goji suit, but this time they've gone back to the traditional charcoal grey skin, sliver spines, & blue atomic heat ray. The only problem with it in my opinion is that the dorsal spikes could've been a bit bigger, but it's minor.

The GMK suit is my second favorite of the Millennium series. In my opinion, I wish the tail was longer and thicker, & to me they gave him too much of a potbelly. Like when he's charging towards Ghidorah, it looks like he's got a potbelly when he's running. But still I really love this suit, definitely makes Godzilla look evil.

For the Final-Goji suit, I like how they made Godzilla sort of streamline, I thought that was a neat idea. However, seeing the spines shrink down is a bit of a let down, as for the head, while it does look mean from a front point of view, the snout seemed a bit too flat. But still I like the way this suit looks for the most part.

The Mire-goji, I like the design of the suit, very badass looking, however I'm not a big fan of the purple spines, & it definitely didn't help in GxM when the spines look sort of pinkish. Still I like the design of the suit, and how the spines are very large & very jagged.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

MireGoji, the darker G2K version. I dig all the suits from the era though.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Only one suit from the Millenium era makes it into my top 5, and that is the big, scary, wildly distinctive SokogekiGoji. Please enjoy some pics of the Carleton ornament:

The only opther suit of this era to crack my top 10 is the MireGoji, which is a fun, creative re-thinking, and reminds me a little of the KingGoji, which is much beloved to me.

KiryuGoji is too birdlike for my tastes, and ends up looking very plastic-y.

I absolutely loathe the face on FinalGoji.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

eabaker wrote:Only one suit from the Millenium era makes it into my top 5, and that is the big, scary, wildly distinctive SokogekiGoji. Please enjoy some pics of the Carleton ornament:

The only opther suit of this era to crack my top 10 is the MireGoji, which is a fun, creative re-thinking, and reminds me a little of the KingGoji, which is much beloved to me.

KiryuGoji is too birdlike for my tastes, and ends up looking very plastic-y.

I absolutely loathe the face on FinalGoji.
The MireGoji suit was inspired by the KingGoji suit, so it make's sence
^This post in sexually offensive.

RabidGodzilla
Samurai

Post by RabidGodzilla »

kaiju115 wrote:Alright since nobody picked it as their favorite, I might as well go ahead and say it, my favorite is the Kiryu-goji, I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEE THIS SUIT!!!!!!!! I like how it's sort like the Mire-Goji suit, but this time they've gone back to the traditional charcoal grey skin, sliver spines, & blue atomic heat ray. The only problem with it in my opinion is that the dorsal spikes could've been a bit bigger, but it's minor.
Thank you for saying that! In my opinion, the last two Godzilla suits receive far too much hate. KiryuGoji may be the most real-looking suit of the any series. Not realistic. But real-looking. Tangible, I guess. It's basically the Mire-Goji suit, just not on steroids. I liked the Mire, but some of the features of it were a little....overexaggerated. The KiryuGoji suit retained the sense of mass, but also struck a perfect balance.
"Now I am become death....The destroyer of worlds."

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

RabidGodzilla wrote:
kaiju115 wrote:Alright since nobody picked it as their favorite, I might as well go ahead and say it, my favorite is the Kiryu-goji, I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEE THIS SUIT!!!!!!!! I like how it's sort like the Mire-Goji suit, but this time they've gone back to the traditional charcoal grey skin, sliver spines, & blue atomic heat ray. The only problem with it in my opinion is that the dorsal spikes could've been a bit bigger, but it's minor.
Thank you for saying that! In my opinion, the last two Godzilla suits receive far too much hate. KiryuGoji may be the most real-looking suit of the any series. Not realistic. But real-looking. Tangible, I guess. It's basically the Mire-Goji suit, just not on steroids. I liked the Mire, but some of the features of it were a little....overexaggerated. The KiryuGoji suit retained the sense of mass, but also struck a perfect balance.
You should have posted the 2k version of MireGoji, the Megaguris version doesn't do it justice.

#BotM

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

The three main Millennium suits are my favorite suits of all time!

Here is the order:

I Mire Goji (Godzilla 2000/Godzilla vs. Megaguirus)
II Sokogecki Goji (GMK: Giant Monsters All Out Attack)
III KiryuGoji
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Kiryugoji is my second favorite because it takes some of Miregoji's features and appropriately combines them with the traditional Godzilla look.

Sokogecki-goji is a good look for the movie he's in, but I would definitely not want to see it in any other movies.

I actually like the Final Wars suit. I don't understand the hate it gets. It looks like Godzilla more than anything else in the series, actually. No overly spiky spines, green skin, hunched body, orange ray, or pupil-less eyes. Just classic Godzilla! However, my favorite will always be Miregoji. I like the fact that Godzilla changes appearances in almost every movie. If they used the same design for the rest of the movies to come, I would get bored pretty quickly. I'm all for change, updates and variety. If, however, someone put a gun against my head and forced me to pick a Godzilla design to stick for the rest of the movies, I would pick Miregoji.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Thank you for posting that, I too think it's a very underrated suit. I love the suit because of how simply yet classic it is. I dont care if it's spines arent as big as how they were on the last 3 suits. I dont even care if it's face does look like a ugly rat's face, plus Godzilla should ugly, he's a kaiju.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

I like the Final-goji suit, I just wish the spikes could've been large and jagged, like with the Mire-Goji & Kiryu-Goji suit.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I hated the G2K and GXM suit, I liked the G 2002-2003 suit the most, it just looked so much cooler than the G2K suit!

Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

1999-Looks like a good start for a new era.
2000-Well... its the same as 1999 with a bit more green, but I like 1999 better.
2001-This is great! I love how it tries to look like 1954 but with blank white eyes.
2002\2003-I like this suit, I really dont know why some fans hate it.
2004-*sigh* I know a LOT of fans hate this suit for reasons that I can see why. But theres something about it that just makes it my favorite out of the rest of these. Just my opinion.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

GMK all the way.

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

SoS godzilla is my favorite. I don't really see why people like the gmk one so much. The beer belly and blank eyes seem kinda weird. Its good, but i think its overrated.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ If he didn't have a gut, and actually had a fucking chest that was noticeable... Then he would be a lot better in my opinion. However he is actually my least favorite suit in this era.

#BotM

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

My favorite is Godzilla 2004, with the 2000 version at a close second.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Oh it's good to see that I'm not the only who likes the kiryu-goji suit. :D

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Living Corpse wrote:1. GXMG/SOS

2. GMK

3. G2K/GXM

4. GFW

But I love them all. Yes even Ratzilla.
There really ins't a bad suit in the bunch.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

The SokogekiGoji is probably the most intimidating out of all the suits from any of the eras, it's just his beautiful but eerie soulless eyes! I love this suit, a lot.

FinalGoji the first slim suit since the Showa era, I love this suit's designs, it's a deffinite improvment from Goji's concept art, no doubt!

And KiryuGoji is another of my favorites, I personally could not stand the MireGoji/GiraGoji suits, I don't know why, may have been the purple spines, who knows, but KiryuGoji is probably my favorite from the Millenium era, it's a slight redesign of the MireGoji/GiraGoji suits, but it works, and it looks nice!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: