Godzilla FW design, why all the hate!

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla FW design, why all the hate!

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ You made it, so you're responsible for it.

#BotM

Dogbert
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dogbert »

Well, not to be hurtful, but if the title was a question it should end with a question mark.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Kugasami wrote:Well, not to be hurtful, but if the title was a question it should end with a question mark.
Eh....
^This post in sexually offensive.

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

I've always found the Final Wars suit to be mediocre. There are a lot worse suits out there (Son of Godzilla, Return of Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Megaguirus) and several better suits (original, Mothra vs. Godzilla, Godzilla vs. Biollante). I think people mainly hate on the suit because of the stigma attached to Final Wars.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Does anyone else think that this will be the last non-spiky Godzilla design in a while? Spiky Godzillas seem to be the trend lately...

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I think the suit is fine, I think it works for the movie, I like how thin Godzilla is. But the face looks too rat like from certain angles and the spines are too small.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Gojira1963 wrote:I think the suit is fine, I think it works for the movie, I like how thin Godzilla is. But the face looks too rat like from certain angles and the spines are too small.
Rat-like? Godzilla ain't no rat! But I do agree that it looks just a bit rat-like sometimes, but not excessively. It bugs me much more how, after Godzilla vs Mothra in the Showa series, Godzilla looks more like a martial artist acting as a role model to children than a more theropod-like animal.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Godzillaman wrote:
Gojira1963 wrote:I think the suit is fine, I think it works for the movie, I like how thin Godzilla is. But the face looks too rat like from certain angles and the spines are too small.
Rat-like? Godzilla ain't no rat! But I do agree that it looks just a bit rat-like sometimes, but not excessively. It bugs me much more how, after Godzilla vs Mothra in the Showa series, Godzilla looks more like a martial artist acting as a role model to children than a more theropod-like animal.

I agree with you about the later Showa series! I do like them but Mothra vs Godzilla was the last time in that series we saw Godzilla as a true force of nature.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Palaeogirl
GPN Volunteer

Post by Palaeogirl »

This is honestly my favorite Godzilla suit. I've tried to see Rat in the face but I can't at all. Other than the ears I can't see where anyone is making that comparison. This suit is slim but not too thin, the spines look really good and I like that they aren't abnormally big, and I really like the face. I didn't really notice the neck bulge until it was mentioned but that doesn't change my opinion.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Palaeogirl wrote:This is honestly my favorite Godzilla suit. I've tried to see Rat in the face but I can't at all. Other than the ears I can't see where anyone is making that comparison. This suit is slim but not too thin, the spines look really good and I like that they aren't abnormally big, and I really like the face. I didn't really notice the neck bulge until it was mentioned but that doesn't change my opinion.
It was one of my favorite Goji suits too until the day that I was sick of getting beaten down by all the haters of the suit. Im dead serious, the haters will hate it no matter how many good things you can say about the suit.

Palaeogirl
GPN Volunteer

Post by Palaeogirl »

I don't really care if they don't like it, but anyone ignoring any positive things anyone sees about it or just saying they're wrong should just avoid this topic.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:
Palaeogirl wrote:This is honestly my favorite Godzilla suit. I've tried to see Rat in the face but I can't at all. Other than the ears I can't see where anyone is making that comparison. This suit is slim but not too thin, the spines look really good and I like that they aren't abnormally big, and I really like the face. I didn't really notice the neck bulge until it was mentioned but that doesn't change my opinion.
It was one of my favorite Goji suits too until the day that I was sick of getting beaten down by all the haters of the suit. Im dead serious, the haters will hate it no matter how many good things you can say about the suit.
You brought it onto yourself. Stop complaining, the suit is massively flawed.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
MeltdownKoopa wrote: You brought it onto yourself. Stop complaining, the suit is massively flawed.
How so?

It looks great to me.
I bet he's going to give you that rat face, too skinny, and small spines shit. :lol: Really guess its been almost 10 years and you haters STILL cant stop whining over it. The spines look to small? You people don't seem to hate how small the showa Goji's spines are. Too skinny? So fucking what, the all-so-loved Mosu-Goji is just as thin and I don't see any one giving a rats ass. Rat face? Now you guess are just being childish! If you don't like a post just because it mentions FW Goji, ignore it! Don't waste your time ranting about it!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote: I bet he's going to give you that rat face, too skinny, and small spines shit. :lol: Really guess its been almost 10 years and you haters STILL cant stop whining over it. The spines look to small? You people don't seem to hate how small the showa Goji's spines are. Too skinny? So skreeonk what, the all-so-loved Mosu-Goji is just as thin and I don't see any one giving a rats ass. Rat face? Now you guess are just being childish! If you don't like a post just because it mentions FW Goji, ignore it! Don't waste your time ranting about it!
You have a really bad habit of belittling people who disagree with you.

Like, relax dude. Not even I get that riled up about minor disagreements.
I know and im sick of that habit too. :lol:

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
MeltdownKoopa wrote: You brought it onto yourself. Stop complaining, the suit is massively flawed.
How so?

It looks great to me.
The rat face, bump on the neck, tiny spines, huge eyeholes, and the head that can't even move very much.

And Dilly is being a fanboy about it. :lol: Deal with it Dilly.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:
How so?

It looks great to me.
The rat face, bump on the neck, tiny spines, huge eyeholes, and the head that can't even move very much.

And Dilly is being a fanboy about it. :lol: Deal with it Dilly.
Yes I know. Infact I think a few pages back I mentioned that I feel stupid for being a fanboy about things.
Again, that's a bad habit I have, giving a f**k. :lol:

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote: Yes I know. Infact I think a few pages back I mentioned that I feel stupid for being a fanboy about things.
Again, that's a bad habit I have, giving a f**k. :lol:
Well, everybody is a fanboy of something. So who cares.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The expressionless face is probably what they were going for. This Godzilla is pretty much grumpy/pissed off throughout Final Wars, and really portrays "emotion" through his body language and not his face. While this is irritating for a lot of people, it really doesn't bother me personally all that much.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
tiny spines,
Is this really an issue for people? They aren't that small at all.
I can understand this complaint; Final-Goji's spines DO look small for the suit's body, when compared to the spines of most other Godzilla suits.
...Then again, Shodai-Goji had fairly small spines as well, and just about everyone seems to like that suit. :?