Best Costumes of the Millenium Era

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best Costumes of the Millenium Era

Post by Rody »

I don't know what you mean by "realistic"...

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Rody wrote:I don't know what you mean by "realistic"...
Hmmm well I think its because the inside of the mouth looks very detailed.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

.............. :|

Well, I suppose it was, but that's only one aspect of an entire suit, and not one usually immediately noticeable. The Heisei suits (or at least the animatronic puppets) had really detailed mouths as well.
When looking at the Final-Goji suit as a whole, I would actually say it's one of the least "realistic" of the Godzilla suits - actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I understand why certain members here dislike the FW suits in general. Godzilla, Rodan, and several other semi-humanoid kaiju in the film appear a little too humanoid: the musculature & mass resemble a rather comic book superhero/villain-ish visual style.

Of course, it's still a matter of opinion. To each his own.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Rody wrote:.............. :|

Well, I suppose it was, but that's only one aspect of an entire suit, and not one usually immediately noticeable. The Heisei suits (or at least the animatronic puppets) had really detailed mouths as well.
When looking at the Final-Goji suit as a whole, I would actually say it's one of the least "realistic" of the Godzilla suits - actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I understand why certain members here dislike the FW suits in general. Godzilla, Rodan, and several other semi-humanoid kaiju in the film appear a little too humanoid: the musculature & mass resemble a rather comic book superhero/villain-ish visual style.

Of course, it's still a matter of opinion. To each his own.
Although I didnt really think Godzilla and Rodan looked humanoid, I did think King Ceaser and Monster X looked a bit to humanoid. I know its X's only design but it just doesnt do it for me.
Also this is a weird thing to say but the FW Godzilla suit makes me think of a mix between the '64 and '89\91 suit.
PLUS
MAKES

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:My fav has to be the FW Godzilla suit. To me, it looks pretty realistic. Some people think it looks really fake just because of this "bulge" on the neck. (which I dont see this)
But some real life reptiles do have a "bulge" on there necks. Take the Komodo Dragon for example.
Thats a horrible example. FW goji's neck bulge in unnatural seeing as it doesn't act like a flap or pouch of skin. It makes the eyeholes so much more viewable and you can tell it's just the actor's head.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

^^^
Dude, just shut the hell up. Im sick of every time I or anyone brings up FW Godzilla you just have to butt in and say negitive things about the suit. I mean, I hate GINO as a Godzilla design and I dont be a dick and waste my time saying how bad the design is! My god man just please stop!
Last edited by Dillyziller on Sat May 04, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:^^^
Dude, just shut the hell up. Im sick of every time I or anyone brings up FW Godzilla you just have to butt in and say negitive things about the suit. I mean, I hate GINO as a Godzilla design and I dont be a dick and waste my time saying how bad the design is! My god man just please stop!

EDIT: What? Where did that comment go? Oh well, im glad its gone. :D
Someone else to add to my FW Goji fanboy list...

OT: The SOS suits are really great and FW Gigan was way better than the original.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:

EDIT: What? Where did that comment go? Oh well, im glad its gone. :D
Someone else to add to my FW Goji fanboy list...

OT: The SOS suits are really great and FW Gigan was way better than the original.
-_- Really though, every time someone brings up FW Goji can you NOT start complaining about the suit? And I know im not the only one who thinks this...

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I agree with Koopa; FW Goji's neck bulge looks like ass.

Godzilla is not a Komodo Dragon either.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

.......really......no one has ever thought about maybe Godzilla has an Adams apple?

Seriously though, I like the bulge, it's more interesting and alot better than just a boring flat neck. Seriously, almost EVERY animal has a ROUND neck. It gives Godzilla another nice dimension.

Anywho, I kinda have a complaint about a suit, er prop I should say. If your making a flying monster that is a prop, don't bother unless every single part of it's body moves. Megaguirus looks so stiff. Compare it to SHOWA!!!!!!! Mothra who looks great! WTF Toho!
Resized Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote: Also this is a weird thing to say but the FW Godzilla suit makes me think of a mix between the '64 and '89\91 suit.
I get what you mean. Final-Goji has very similar musculature to the Heisei suits, but not as overly pronounced. Couple that with the slim body and there is certainly a reminiscence to the Showa suits.
Whoa, easy there! You don't have to respond to him if you don't like his opinion.
...And to be fair, a Komodo Dragon has excess skin under its throat, creating the illusion of a bulge. Godzilla's skin appears pretty tight fitting to his body.
MeltdownKoopa wrote:...and FW Gigan was way better than the original.
Nahhhhhhhh.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

The G2K and Megaguirus suit is great. I love the huge purple dorsal plates, I love the amphibian look, I love the huge teeth protruding from the mouth.

The GMK suit is an oddity: it looks terrific from some angles and awful from others. Compare the scene in which Godzilla rises from the water and shakes the water off his head, with the camera looking at him from the front (terrific), to the scene in which he's making his way through the city before reaching the hospital and the camera is looking at him from the side (awful).

The Against\Tokyo S.O.S. suit looks great in still pictures, but in motion it looks too plastic, like a huge action figure. It reminds me of the mini-Destroyers from Godzilla vs. Destroyer. The movement of the head is also a bit too stiff.

The Final Wars suit is a big improvement. It looks different from the front and from the side, but both look fantastic. It's slim (to accommodate the faster action scenes) but not too slim, feline but ferocious. I like it.

If I could only have one, I guess I would take the G2K suit.

Dogbert
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dogbert »

GFW godzilla suit
GMK baragon suit
GFW rodan suit
I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead and did it anyways.

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

gmk king ghidorah

fw king caeser

gamg mecha godzilla

Doombot
Yojimbo

Post by Doombot »

The Godzilla 2000/Megaguirus is the best suit of the Millennium series. The MechaGodzilla would be the runner up for me. The tiny head on the GxMG and SOS suit really distracts me, so I dont enjoy it as much, but it's still a good suit.

I do really like the GMK suit, but in my opinion it had terrible technical issues. The head bobbles and wobbles around like a shoe on the end of a broomstick. That, along with the beer gut and the turkey neck, keep the suit from being truly great.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

The G2K/Megaguirus Godzilla is my favorite design, but I think the GMK Godzilla may have been the better suit if only because the face is SO much more expressive. I'm partial the Kiryu and GFW designs because they're so similar to G2K, especially Tokyo SOS' design thanks to the distinct scar.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

GMK is really my only favorite. Kiryu looks good. I dont much care for the 2000 style g. The spiky dorsal fins really kill it for me. Now i may be besides myself, but if i were to hazard a guess i would say alot of inspiration for the 2000 and kiryu suits came from 62 G. Im not saying mirror image here but when i look at the stance, the mouth, the face i think of the 62 g suit. Minus the oversized crystalized dorsal spines of course.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

The GXMG/Tokyo SOS suit is hands down my favorite all time Godzilla suit. It takes the best features of the Millenium suit and streamlines them into a slightly more Showa-like design. The hard texture of the skin gives the appearance of impenetrability and the accentuated scales and spikiness lend themselves to a silent fierceness. This Godzilla looks tough, reptilian, and badass.

As a special mention, I also adore the GMK Godzilla suit. Unfortunately, due to the technical issues (pot belly), it did not live up to its full potential.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

I know I am going to catch a lot of hell for this, but I thought Final Wars had the best suits. And yes, I love Keizer Ghidorah's appearence.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Godzillaman wrote:And yes, I love Keizer Ghidorah's appearence.
Then my son, you're gonna have to die.
I kid of course, or am I...
G2K Godzilla, the look is pretty sweet, it was also the template for the orange beam as a primary.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan