GODZILLA 2000 Production photos and concept art

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
movieartman
Monarch Researcher

GODZILLA 2000 Production photos and concept art

Post by movieartman »

Hi Guys here is some Production Photos and Concept art for Godzilla 2000

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA 2000 Production photos and concept art

Post by Mincecraft »

It's always cool to see how little bits of a concept are used in a final product.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Got to say the designs look awesome and I only wish Godzilla would have fought the Half Orga / Half Godzilla version they had built. That would have been awesome! Also, the UFO designs are pretty cool though it looks like they went with the safest version.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Grayshot954 wrote:Got to say the designs look awesome and I only wish Godzilla would have fought the Half Orga / Half Godzilla version they had built. That would have been awesome!
I've always found G2K very oddly structured, and wondered why they didn't have Orga take on a kaiju form earlier for a mid-movie battle, then have him advance to a new form for the finale.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

eabaker wrote:
Grayshot954 wrote:Got to say the designs look awesome and I only wish Godzilla would have fought the Half Orga / Half Godzilla version they had built. That would have been awesome!
I've always found G2K very oddly structured, and wondered why they didn't have Orga take on a kaiju form earlier for a mid-movie battle, then have him advance to a new form for the finale.
Maybe the Millenian thought he could kill Big G with the laser alone?

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

It is amazing how different concept art can be from the real thing.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LOVE the concept art for the semi-Godzillafied Orga
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

INDEPENDENCE DAY and THE THING the kaiju film makers watched too much of.

movieartman
Monarch Researcher

Post by movieartman »

g2kmaster wrote:INDEPENDENCE DAY and THE THING the kaiju film makers watched too much of.
soooooo every film now that has flying saucers is ripping independce day, and the same for shape shifting alien monsters to the thing? REALLY? :eh:

the thing is a Masterpeice, best to steal from the best if this absurd idea is the truth -_-

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Great pics movieartman!
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

eabaker wrote:
I love that about G2K though. Its different from the many other alien invasion G films, and it helps build suspense in a very effective way. Orga is by far the most alien and frightening of all of Godzilla's space based villians for me personally. (wth the exception of King Ghidroah).

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

movieartman wrote:
g2kmaster wrote:INDEPENDENCE DAY and THE THING the kaiju film makers watched too much of.
soooooo every film now that has flying saucers is ripping independce day, and the same for shape shifting alien monsters to the thing? REALLY? :eh:

the thing is a Masterpeice, best to steal from the best if this absurd idea is the truth -_-
A design on the last page does look alot like an ID alien, and I'm sorry, that sideways mouth thing on once of the concepts for Orga just blatantly screams THE THING, which is a Masterpiece.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Tyler wrote:One of those looks a lot like Iris.
Yeah, I guess it shows just how low the levels creativity for a Godzilla film was so soon after 1995.

Though now, I wonder if the "transformed Orga" on the fifth scan down is a marqette. I'd love to have that.