When will the Millennium era end?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Drewzilla
G-Force Personnel

When will the Millennium era end?

Post by Drewzilla »

I'm curious, when will this era come to an end? Will it end with the up coming americn film? Or will it be when Toho fnally makes a godzilla film themselves? Thoughts?
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: When will the Millennium era end?

Post by Pkmatrix »

I consider it ended with GFW.

As I posted in another thread, I think an argument can be made that everything from 1984 thru 2004 can be considered one series considering how well Heisei+Millennium follows the pattern set by Showa. Hell, even the current period matches: both Showa and Heisei-Millennium are followed by a roughly decade-long break and then a darker film that tries to harken back to the original film.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

My head just exploded with this topic.

Showa Era ended in 1988, and we have been in the Heisei era since.

The Godzilla Showa series started in 1954, ended in 1975 (although a lot of the 1970's films like The War in Space tend to get mixed in with these so on the forums we break it off at the decade).

The Godzilla Heisei series started in 1984, although it wasn't called the Heisei series until later after the rest of the series took place in the Heisei era. It ended technically in 1995, but the Rebirth of Mothra films get clumped in here to make things uniform even though they share no continuity with each other.

The Godzilla Millennium series started in 1999. GFW is most likely the last film in the Godzilla Millennium series, but until Toho officially starts a new series the book is still open.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Arbok wrote:My head just exploded with this topic.
Sorry, but I LOLed at that. :lol:
Arbok wrote:Showa Era ended in 1988, and we have been in the Heisei era since.
Of course. It's amazing how many people get confused by this. :eh:
Arbok wrote:The Godzilla Showa series started in 1954, ended in 1975 (although a lot of the 1970's films like The War in Space tend to get mixed in with these so on the forums we break it off at the decade).

The Godzilla Heisei series started in 1984, although it wasn't called the Heisei series until later after the rest of the series took place in the Heisei era. It ended technically in 1995, but the Rebirth of Mothra films get clumped in here to make things uniform even though they share no continuity with each other.

The Godzilla Millennium series started in 1999. GFW is most likely the last film in the Godzilla Millennium series, but until Toho officially starts a new series the book is still open.
Yep.

I'm only suggesting an alternate POV by thinking of the 1984 - 2004 period as one series for Godzilla rather than two as everyone else (Toho included) does, strictly because of the parallels Heisei-Millennium as a whole shares with Showa. Geez, I hope I didn't confuse the issue! :freak:

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Pkmatrix wrote: I'm only suggesting an alternate POV by thinking of the 1984 - 2004 period as one series for Godzilla rather than two as everyone else (Toho included) does, strictly because of the parallels Heisei-Millennium as a whole shares with Showa.
What?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Copperydock wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote: I'm only suggesting an alternate POV by thinking of the 1984 - 2004 period as one series for Godzilla rather than two as everyone else (Toho included) does, strictly because of the parallels Heisei-Millennium as a whole shares with Showa.
What?
"What?" is what I was thinking too to that statement.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

junkerde wrote:
Copperydock wrote:
What?
"What?" is what I was thinking too to that statement.
Sorry, I was referencing a thread I posted about a month ago. Nothing to see here, move along! :oops: