Powers Talkback: Gravity Beams (Monster X & Keizer Ghidorah)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Powers Talkback: Gravity Beams (Monster X & Keizer Ghido

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

So I'm assuming once Monster X turned into Keizer Ghidorah, the beams became more powerful

Monster X's gravity beams seemed to be an evenly match with Godzilla's atomic beams.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

It seems like Monster X became weaker the moment he became Keizer Ghidorah. :| Personally I think he should've looked more like this, so that he wouldn't need to trade speed for power. His Gravity Bolts in his previous form seem to be actually stronger than his second form, which just picks up and drops kaiju. His drain bite, though, is an interesting power. Makes me think of him as a vampiric kind of kaiju. Would his previous form also have this vampire bite as well?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Yeah I can see your point, but take away his gravity beams, and Keizer Ghidorah would be nothing

Oh and I love his little wings, he can't fly with those things :lol:

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Yeah I can see your point, but take away his gravity beams, and Keizer Ghidorah would be nothing
The main reason why I think Monster X should've just remained as his own form and not have Keizer Ghidorah as a second form.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Uh, Monster X made the right choice when he transformed into Keizer Ghidorah. Why? Because it would've worked had those meddling humans never interfered. Monster X started as Godzilla's equal, but in a prolonged fight, he was clearly Godzilla's inferior. Keizer Ghidorah, however, was dominating. His Gravity Beams, while nowhere near as hot as Monster X's Gravity Bolts, were pulverizing Godzilla. That's what they were designed to do: beat and batter the target, and when the target is weakened enough? Reel it in and siphon it dry. Rinse and repeat if the situation calls for it.

And since those Gravity Beams packed more concussive force than Heisei MechaGodzilla's Plasma Grenade? It's a simple yet very effective strategy.

In terms of durability, it's a mixed bag. Monster X took an Atomic Blast to the face; whereas Keizer Ghidorah's face was vaporized. It took several seconds for the Hyper Spiral Blast to destroy Keizer Ghidorah; Monster X's durability doesn't suggest he could do the same, however he wasn't incinerated by the 'Beam War Explosion', so who knows. I'd say Monster X is overall better suited to weather damage. Keizer Ghidorah's heads and necks, while not exactly weak, are his weak-spots. Just about any reliable projectile would either seriously damage them or destroy them outright.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I wish we could have got to see more of Monster X's levitation in the movie...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd prefer more of Monster X than human vs alien.

Monster X's gravity beams were on par with Godzilla's beam, but he had the advantage of multiple beams. His levitation would have made for some great melee combat. The tail blow was a highlight of the battle IMO.

Kaiser Ghidorah had a good transformation, but he wasn't much of a fighter. KG is more of a killer, softening the enemy up and then draining them dry with that bite.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

What you guys need to understand is that even though Monster X and Godzilla were evenly matched at the beginning of the fight, Monster X was ultimately Godzilla's inferior. As seen when Godzilla had X pinned to the ground up to when Ozaki was pounding on the Xilien kid. In order to have a game changing edge on Godzilla, Monster X had to change into Keizer Ghidorah. X knew that if he could knock Godzilla on the ground in Ghidorah form, Godzilla wouldn't be able to get back up because X would be continuously shredding and pounding Godzilla with gravity beams, so it would be safe enough for X to feed. In the end, X turning into Keizer Ghidorah was the right choice and he would've won if the humans hadn't intervened.

#BotM

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

I actually really enjoyed the final fight and I thought Godzillas recharge was perfectly reasonable, after walking around the globe, killing monsters, wasting energy blasting meteorites from space etc, despite all this and Gigans brief intervention Godzilla still came out on top, siphoning off energy was perhaps KG's only way to effectively defeat the king. The atomic breath in this movie also appears to gain power when charged for a longer period of time so maybe the beam clash could have gone the other way if G was prepared.
84-95

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

MX's beams are a tad better than average considering how hot they are. Turning into Keizer was a bad idea due to him being slow and 3 big weakspots.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I enjoyed watching both monsters fight but in the end I can't help to wonder why monster X de died to transform. He didn't seem wounded and Godzilla still seemed to have slot of energy left so hhhmmmm. Also another good point to make is that K ghidorahs gravity beams....ARE ACTUALLY gravity beams. Usually the "ghidorah species" gravity beams are basically overrated lighning and that's that. Just simple energy bolts if you will. K ghidorahs gravity bolts are actually messing with gravity as he lifts Godzilla easily. So ya that's kinda odd, impersonally would have preferred a more traditional ghidorah design but K ghidorah is tolerable. I would have rather seen the gravity bolts be more like lightning and blast Godzilla to death but hay, whatcha gonna do. All in all K ghidorah is a very unique monster and a good opponent for Godzilla.
Resized Image