Powers Talkback: Reflective Scales, Web Spary (Tokyo S.O.S.)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Re: Powers Talkback: Reflective Scales, Web Spary (Tokyo S.O

Post by KaijuDuke »

I thought it was an interesting twist on the scales as well, though of course it also means Mothra was doomed from the start since its her only weapon in this film (then again, I always thought her role in the film was very forced anyway lol). I don't think Mothra should be overloaded with multiple types of energy weapons, but i do think she needs some sort of projectile attack to be taken seriously in a fight against Godzilla, whether it be a simple antennae beam attack or those stingers from GMK.

Will you be covering the Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy and the powers shown by Mothra, Desghidorah, and all the rest as well? I'm kinda interested to know whether Garugaru's purple energy bolts count as small scale gravity beams like King Ghidorah's.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

One LC isn't won't be back for a few weeks, and two I'm pretty sure he said he was done with the powers talkback.

#BotM

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

^^
Living Corpse wrote: This concludes the third Godzilla series and the first and so far only cameo exclusive power or design. This also concludes my Powers Talkback threads.
I like the updated web spray in S.O.S. and having the twins wrap up Godzilla was a nice nod to what was probably the best of the Showa films.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

While the reflective scales weren't as powerful as their Heisei counterparts (which amazingly were able to stop Godzilla momentarily), the visual effects were much more impressive in Tokyo S.O.S.

A nice update indeed, and one that made me go "wow!" the first time I saw the movie in theaters.
If it bites... don't mess with it!