The 1998 Godzilla vs Godzilla fight should've been longer.

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
gzilla46
Futurian

The 1998 Godzilla vs Godzilla fight should've been longer.

Post by gzilla46 »

This is just my opinion, but I was disappointed when the 2 Godzilla fought. The Japanese Godzilla killed the American Godzilla too quickly. I mean, while the Japanese will always be superior, the only reason it went the way it did was because Toho hated the 1998 Godzilla (understandable, but still).

I believe it should've been Godzilla 1998's son that should've fought Godzilla. It could've went like this video here (except for the stuff that happens before the fight).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5ADXm9JPg

As a fan of both versions, this is only my opinion.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The 1998 Godzilla vs Godzilla fight should've been longe

Post by eabaker »

gzilla46 wrote:This is just my opinion, but I was disappointed when the 2 Godzilla fought. The Japanese Godzilla killed the American Godzilla too quickly. I mean, while the Japanese will always be superior, the only reason it went the way it did was because Toho hated the 1998 Godzilla (understandable, but still).

I believe it should've been Godzilla 1998's son that should've fought Godzilla. It could've went like this video here (except for the stuff that happens before the fight).

That scene is basically a fan service gag.

But, realistically (as much as that word can possibly be applied), I just don't see GINO putting up much of a fight.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

eabaker wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:This is just my opinion, but I was disappointed when the 2 Godzilla fought. The Japanese Godzilla killed the American Godzilla too quickly. I mean, while the Japanese will always be superior, the only reason it went the way it did was because Toho hated the 1998 Godzilla (understandable, but still).

But, realistically (as much as that word can possibly be applied), I just don't see GINO putting up much of a fight.
Oh. But, as I said, I was just stating my personal opinion.

You know, honestly, I don't like it when people call it "Zilla". And this is coming from a big fan of the Japanese version. There's something about it to me that seems...weird. But, call him whatever you want.
Shadow Arena Records:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

gzilla46 wrote:
eabaker wrote:

Oh. But, as I said, I was just stating my personal opinion.

You know, honestly, I don't like it when people call it "Zilla". And this is coming from a big fan of the Japanese version. There's something about it to me that seems...weird. But, call him whatever you want.
I think "Zilla" sounds pretty stupid, too. It's tough to find a shorthand way to distinguish him. A lot of people (myself included) fall back on "GINO," but that is really just internet snark, and not something that would translate to the rest of the world.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Every fight in Final Wars should have been longer..except for this one. GINO getting wiped out in a matter of seconds actually makes sense.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

And by the way, it's not just because we all hate him that we think he's weak; he literally is extremely weak. The fight lasted longer than it should've. If only Godzilla hit him with his atomic ray the first time...
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

I think the fight should've been way longer. Also, Bagan should've been in it along with Gigamoth, Gamera and King Kong. Do you know how epic that could've been? Too bad Toho dropped the ball on that.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Jomei wrote:More importantly, the fight should have been more dark and gritty
Yeah man, with blood and guts and people dying in the streets. It also would need to be L O V E C R A F T I A N

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

I was wondering when will someone post this topic. But to be honest I enjoyed the short fight. But I did wished the Xiliens modified Zilla instead of Gigan. That would of been interesting on my vote.
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

DragonZord13
GPN Volunteer

Post by DragonZord13 »

The two should've had a beam struggle. But Toho showed how they felt about Zilla... Poor guy never gets any love.. :(
I like shows where Japanese folks change into spandex clad heroes and fight rubber suits.

scarecrow
Monarch Researcher

Post by scarecrow »

^ Well of course he doesn't but that's because Roland Emmerich didn't show love to the original. Why show love to someone who didn't like the franchise in the first place?
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc= ... fid=8&_rdr

^If you like my fanfics, feel free to follow me on Facebook

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I've never understood why people say "Zilla is so weak, he only lasted a few seconds!"

Yeah, so did every other monster in the movie.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

The "fight" (more of a laugh really but that does fit GINO/Zilla as a monster) should have ended the second Godzilla fired his first atomic ray.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

But you did see the video so you could see what I was talking about, right?
Shadow Arena Records:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

gzilla46 wrote:But you did see the video so you could see what I was talking about, right?
It made me miss shooting my own home made Godzilla movies...

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

gzilla46 wrote:You know, honestly, I don't like it when people call it "Zilla". And this is coming from a big fan of the Japanese version. There's something about it to me that seems...weird. But, call him whatever you want.
I agree it isn't the greatest name, but isn't that the official name Toho gave the creature in Final Wars to distinguish it from the one that appeared in the 1998 film?

--Oh and in my own mind, the Creature (Zilla), that Godzilla fought in GFW was the last remaining spawn of GINO. It took place a few years after Godzilla:TAS ended, and it just makes sense ;) .

Here's a more interesting question. We all know Gino and/ or Zilla is pretty week. In an "alternate" timeline, where say....not all but one egg were destroyed in Madison Square Garden, how many of those creatures at full size/strength do you think it would take to overcome Godzilla? --5? 10? 20? More?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Living Corpse wrote:I picture Godzilla roasting a swarm of these things like he did the Meganlons.
Yeah, we'd be eating (slightly radioactive) roasted Zilla bits for months.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

o.supreme wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:You know, honestly, I don't like it when people call it "Zilla". And this is coming from a big fan of the Japanese version. There's something about it to me that seems...weird. But, call him whatever you want.
I agree it isn't the greatest name, but isn't that the official name Toho gave the creature in Final Wars to distinguish it from the one that appeared in the 1998 film?

--Oh and in my own mind, the Creature (Zilla), that Godzilla fought in GFW was the last remaining spawn of GINO. It took place a few years after Godzilla:TAS ended, and it just makes sense ;) .

Here's a more interesting question. We all know Gino and/ or Zilla is pretty week. In an "alternate" timeline, where say....not all but one egg were destroyed in Madison Square Garden, how many of those creatures at full size/strength do you think it would take to overcome Godzilla? --5? 10? 20? More?
You don't think Godzilla Jr. would stand a chance? He does have more strength and atomic breath. (Yes, I still call them both Godzilla. That's just me).
Shadow Arena Records:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

o.supreme wrote:I agree it isn't the greatest name, but isn't that the official name Toho gave the creature in Final Wars to distinguish it from the one that appeared in the 1998 film?
Zilla is to Godzilla (US) as Kiryu is to Mechagodzilla.

In other words, Zilla is only the monster's name in GFW. The character is still called "Godzilla".
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

CTHimes wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I agree it isn't the greatest name, but isn't that the official name Toho gave the creature in Final Wars to distinguish it from the one that appeared in the 1998 film?
Zilla is to Godzilla (US) as Kiryu is to Mechagodzilla.

In other words, Zilla is only the monster's name in GFW. The character is still called "Godzilla".
OK. But anyways, do you think Godzilla Jr. would stand a chance against Godzilla Japanese? I mean, he does have atomic breath and is a better fighter than his dad.
Shadow Arena Records: