Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Monster Zero
Futurian

Re: Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

Post by Monster Zero »

I also 100% agree! He may be my favorite dubber in the entire franchise. It's so funny and unforgettable.

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

I don't take these films so serious that I can't even enjoy the premise of Final War. It is what it is and to me it's still fun regardless.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars once again and just noticed some dialogue from Kumi Mizuno's commander character. She says "Dispatch Karyu"

Could this mean that Mechagodzilla is also in this film? Mechagodzilla does seem to be one of the more famous monsters noticeably absent in this movie.

Or is Karyu just another ship like the Gotengo?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:Rewatched Godzilla: Final Wars once again and just noticed some dialogue from Kumi Mizuno's commander character. She says "Dispatch Karyu"

Could this mean that Mechagodzilla is also in this film? Mechagodzilla does seem to be one of the more famous monsters noticeably absent in this movie.

Or is Karyu just another ship like the Gotengo?
Karyu is the flying battle station that goes after Anguirus. Kiryu (Mechagodzilla) is very obviously not in the film.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

..Wat. Kiryu obviously isn't in the film. Was this your first time watching GFW?
Last edited by Goji on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Goji wrote:..Wat. Kiryu obviously isn't in the film. Was this your first time watching GFW?
I think he meant 'could it exist in this film universe, despite not being seen onscreen?'.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Probably, but it was poorly worded.

Wasn't Kiryu originally planned to be in this before they settled on the Gotengo instead? I honestly can't remember for the life of me if that's true, or was always just a rumor.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Goji wrote:Probably, but it was poorly worded.

Wasn't Kiryu originally planned to be in this before they settled on the Gotengo instead? I honestly can't remember for the life of me if that's true, or was always just a rumor.
I would have absolutely preferred Kiryu over Gotengo, that would have been awesome to see.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Goji wrote:Probably, but it was poorly worded.

The story goes they were thinking of throwing in Kiryu but since it was in the last 2 films that it was "redundant".

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Including Kiryu would have been interesting. Godzilla/Mechagodzilla Team up? Never seen that before. But then it would have to have been a sequel to Tokyo SOS and the Millennium Series don't play like that!

But honestly, it could have worked. Godzilla was neutralized at the end of Tokyo SOS in a way that would have kept him out of the events setting up Final Wars. Instead of having to do a prologue setting up Godzilla, again, and instead of going to the ice base, they could have just had the Gotengo go to the bottom of the ocean to wake up Kiryu and Godzilla to fight the monsters.

And yes, I'd have kept the Gotengo in the film, even with Kiryu/Mechagodzilla involved...come on! That was neat. I also kind of have a soft spot for Atragon the film so I dug it.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dr. Professor wrote:I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.
True, but I think the same could be said of most films. Even ones that aren't in the Godzilla series or made in Japan. :)

Saving Private Ryan? Sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Sleepless in Seattle? Also sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Jurassic Park? Would still have benefited from more Jet Jaguar.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to bring back an evil MechaGodzilla. Also this film is sorely missing Jet Jaguar.
True, but I think the same could be said of most films. Even ones that aren't in the Godzilla series or made in Japan. :)

Saving Private Ryan? Sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Sleepless in Seattle? Also sorely missing Jet Jaguar. Jurassic Park? Would still have benefited from more Jet Jaguar.
Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:

Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?
See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

But Home Alone with Jet Jaguar? I need to see that movie.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Zarm wrote:

See, Gone with the Wind, I can forgive; they did not yet know what they were missing back then.

I love you guys, I really do.

I wanted to see Captain Gordon riding on Jet Jaguar's shoulder.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

:shock: Are you crazy? If those two ever came together- if they actually touched- it might cause the Earth to spontaneously explode! The world could not handle a team-up of such magnitude.

I mean, affection right back attacha, MechaGoji Bro... but you have to know what you're talking about before you just throw ideas like that around. This is playing with fire, man. ;)

Maranatha!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

GojiDog wrote:Including Kiryu would have been interesting. Godzilla/Mechagodzilla Team up? Never seen that before. But then it would have to have been a sequel to Tokyo SOS and the Millennium Series don't play like that!
Not necessarily. They definitely would have re-purposed one of the Kiryu suits (instead of making an entirely new MG design) to save money, had him referred to as just "Mechagodzilla", and had him in an entirely different role, but I don't think they would have forced it to be a sequel just as an excuse to include MG. It may have confused audiences, but I doubt they really would have cared. With all of the other monsters in the mix, it probably wouldn't have been considered an issue to the filmmakers.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Citizen Kane? Needs Jet Jaguar. Home Alone? Needs Jet Jaguar. Scream? Needs Jet Jaguar. Gone With The Wind? Where's he at?

Love you too, pal. :lol:

That sounds fantastic, but picture this: Jet Jaguar pallin' around with that kid, the grandpa, and Minya. What if Jet Jaguar raised Minya while Godzilla was frozen?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Zarm wrote:

:shock: Are you crazy? If those two ever came together- if they actually touched- it might cause the Earth to spontaneously explode! The world could not handle a team-up of such magnitude.

I mean, affection right back attacha, MechaGoji Bro... but you have to know what you're talking about before you just throw ideas like that around. This is playing with fire, man. ;)[/quote]

:huge: Those two teaming up might be good enough to cause Godzilla and King Kong to team up against them! :lol:

Ah, I can't help playing with fire..... imma spicy fellow. :pokerface: :lol:

Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

Love you too, pal. :lol:

That sounds fantastic, but picture this: Jet Jaguar pallin' around with that kid, the grandpa, and Minya. What if Jet Jaguar raised Minya while Godzilla was frozen?
Now this, this is top quality headcanon. If this actually happened, it would be the greatest Godzilla film since Godzilla vs Megalon . I expected nothing less of theories from you, professor.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Now this, this is top quality headcanon. If this actually happened, it would be the greatest Godzilla film since Godzilla vs Megalon . I expected nothing less of theories from you, professor.
I do have a PhD in theories. ;)
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)