Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

Post by Goji »

Saansilt wrote: Oh please man, don't take me seriously here. I'm just here to have fun and chat movies.
Eabaker was just trying to keep the conversation going, (in other words "chat movies"). Isn't that what you want? You kind of contradicted yourself there.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Final Wars is the pinnacle of cinema!
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

I don't see it as exactly that. What makes you reach that opinion?
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Does anyone know who the dubbing actor for Keizer is? I love his voice and his laugh, and I'd love to know the dubbing actors name.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

I think this movie was a perfect ending to the entire franchise, combining everything great from every Godzilla movie.

Added in 10 hours 28 minutes 35 seconds:
Saansilt wrote:I don't see it as exactly that. What makes you reach that opinion?
I was joking, while it is one of my top three favorite Godzilla movies, it's not a perfect movie by any means and has several flaws.I think that the director really accomplished what he had originally set out to do, and that is make one hell of an action movie featuring Godzilla and other famous Toho monsters that does not take it's self to seriously.The only other film I can even think of comparing Final Wars to would be Redline which is an anime and Mad Max Fury Road , these movies capture lighting in a bottle even if they are not perfect.Just a side note I generally hate hollywood action films that are all senseless explosions.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
Monster Zero wrote:Does anyone know who the dubbing actor for Keizer is? I love his voice and his laugh, and I'd love to know the dubbing actors name.
Yeah the dub for Final Wars is pretty good, unfortunately I have no clue who voiced him, sorry!
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So a large debate in the FMs right now seems appropriate here- the Freezing Maser on Gotengo. Was it a general kaiju-killer, equivalent to Absolute Zero on Kiryu? Does it have limitations by 'weight class' (i.e. It couldn't have killed Godzilla or Ghidorah, but maybe Ebirah or a Kamacuras...)? Was Manda's destruction an outlier/fluke of the circumstances? Does its lack of use in the entire rest of the movie (even by its sister ships, since I believe Gotengo's was damaged and offline) constitute any evidence that it wasn't; else the various kaiju wouldn't have been much of a threat? Could they each have been/still be one-shotted (or a-few-shotted) and destroyed like Manda was?

In short, how powerful or limited WAS the Freezing Maser?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I mean, does anyone really know? Maybe it's explored in one of the Japanese books, but we don't have a lot of people able to translate those around these parts.
Monster Zero wrote:Does anyone know who the dubbing actor for Keizer is? I love his voice and his laugh, and I'd love to know the dubbing actors name.
Rik Thomas. He's the only Hong Kong dubber who carried over from some of the '80's and '90s HK dubs.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zarm wrote:So a large debate in the FMs right now seems appropriate here- the Freezing Maser on Gotengo. Was it a general kaiju-killer, equivalent to Absolute Zero on Kiryu? Does it have limitations by 'weight class' (i.e. It couldn't have killed Godzilla or Ghidorah, but maybe Ebirah or a Kamacuras...)? Was Manda's destruction an outlier/fluke of the circumstances? Does its lack of use in the entire rest of the movie (even by its sister ships, since I believe Gotengo's was damaged and offline) constitute any evidence that it wasn't; else the various kaiju wouldn't have been much of a threat? Could they each have been/still be one-shotted (or a-few-shotted) and destroyed like Manda was?

I'm about 99% confident the director nor the writers thought (or cared) about how strong the maser was, and only made it to be a fancy move to take down Manda :lol:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Zarm wrote:So a large debate in the FMs right now seems appropriate here- the Freezing Maser on Gotengo. Was it a general kaiju-killer, equivalent to Absolute Zero on Kiryu? Does it have limitations by 'weight class' (i.e. It couldn't have killed Godzilla or Ghidorah, but maybe Ebirah or a Kamacuras...)? Was Manda's destruction an outlier/fluke of the circumstances? Does its lack of use in the entire rest of the movie (even by its sister ships, since I believe Gotengo's was damaged and offline) constitute any evidence that it wasn't; else the various kaiju wouldn't have been much of a threat? Could they each have been/still be one-shotted (or a-few-shotted) and destroyed like Manda was?

I'm about 99% confident the director nor the writers thought (or cared) about how strong the maser was, and only made it to be a fancy move to take down Manda :lol:
Probably, given they never used it again in-film.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I just remembered, GFW bombed so hard Bandai didn't even bother making the rest of the monsters in their toyline.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

LamangoKaijura wrote:I just remembered, GFW bombed so hard Bandai didn't even bother making the rest of the monsters in their toyline.
No Zilla, Kumonga, Kamacuras, King Caesar, Hedorah, or Ebirah for you!

One year later
Bandai dude 1: "Yo, they still begging for the other kaiju!"
Bandai dude 2: "Ok, we'll make them. Hedorah, Ebirah, and King Caesar will be in the Ultimate Monsters line! No Zilla, Kumonga, or Kamacuras!"

If NECA got the license for other kaiju and/or Tamashii got a divorce with its precious Heisei, I would hope they do Zilla, Kumonga, and Kamacuras. A cloaked Kamacuras would be pretty cool.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

The biggest loss concerning Final Wars was that they never made an MMS Zilla figure.

Some day, my love.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

This movie is better than the Showa movies that inspired it tbh.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:This movie is better than the Showa movies that inspired it tbh.
That's like, saying a turd was better then the liquid shit you just took, Scoob.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:This movie is better than the Showa movies that inspired it tbh.
Haha, yeah okay. Favoritism aside, this POS is not better than all 15 Showa films. That's absurd. Higher production values than the '70s films, sure, but it still somehow manages to be less an enjoyable than all of them by so many people who don't favor Showa films. Why do you think that is?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

That's the biggest joke I've heard in a long time. Gigantis the Fire Monsters a better film than this :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Imo Godzilla Final Wars is a masterpiece, and ahead of its time.
It has all the good, and the bad of the franchise.
Most quotable G-film, an egocentric villain that reminds a certain president, Gigan, captain Gordon, good music, and a roller coaster of absolute fun!
While my favorite G-movie is the 1954 Godzilla, Final Wars is my second favorite (Shin might probably be third), and a great ending to the franchise.

1954 Godzilla is The Godfather, with a serious tone. An absolute masterpiece.
Godzilla Final Wars is the Scarface of the franchise. With over the top action and not trying to take itself too seriously. It's a movie that ages well, and one that I find myself watching it again over the years.

Cheers to Godzilla!

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

My 4th favorite Godzilla film of them all. So much fun to watch and a childhood favorite

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think I remember when FW was basically despised by all in this forum.

Interesting that there's more arrays of opinions now.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Tohosaurus wrote:I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think I remember when FW was basically despised by all in this forum.

Interesting that there's more arrays of opinions now.
Wasn't that long ago. I was a lurker back then - as someone who's pretty 50/50 on FW, it was almost funny to see it so vehemently hated.

I think there being new content to compare it to kind of lessens the load. That, along with new fans altogether, time healing 'wounds' etc. Same with G'98.