Final Wars Deleted Scene

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: Final Wars Deleted Scene

Post by Mr. X »

demoylition wrote:What do you mean Godzilla vs. The Devil is fake? It was a real concept. I was talking about how you wouldn't have believed me if that Toho tried to make Godzilla vs The Devil and you didn't hear about it prior.
Wasn't a real concept.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/art ... usters.htm

And I would have believed you if I didn't already know, simply because I could look it up and find a couple of sites with it. Not just Youtube.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

The scene was odd, but I could see why they took it out: who was that, what was its purpose in the film, and why didn't it attack Godzilla later on.
Yooo 8-)

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I only come here for the forums, so yeah.
Yooo 8-)

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Man, Bagan's cousins are weird.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You should see his sister....jk

I would've liked to see this creature instead of Kaiser Ghidorah as the final foe.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Wait, so you guys didn't have Bagan in your copy of Final Wars...?

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Those poor souls... they never saw the awesome fight between Godzilla and Bagan that film has, the coolest part had to be when Vegeta came out of nowhere, riding on the flaming Mothra's back with Optimus Prime descending from the heavens to drop kick Minilla as The Touch blasted out.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Mechagigan wrote:Wait, so you guys didn't have Bagan in your copy of Final Wars...?
No. Did you not have Gabara in your copy, either?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Bagan was actually created for Gojira by Tomoyouki Tanaka and cut during post-production in fear he would overshadow Godzilla himself, per Honda's own explanation. The original five-hour workprint featuring all of Bagan's original scenes has unfortunately been lost, as the original films were altered to create the final release version. Tanaka was bitter for the loss, and made it his life's mission to make Bagan a focal point in the next Godzilla film, but encountered opposition at every turn. No one is sure why the Japanese government has gone so far out it's way to suppress the inclusion of Bagan into the Godzilla films, but word has it the orders to wipe all traces of it's existence came from the Imperial family itself. This is why American fans tend to know more about Bagan, whereas Japanese fans live completely unaware of the the effort Tanaka spent in his entire career of trying to bring Bagan to the big-screen.

Sadly, Bagan's appearance as the main antagonist in the extended cut of Godzilla: Final Wars, nicknamed the "Producer's Cut" is all that came of his lifetime of efforts, and as we all know, Tanaka had passed away. Toho butchered GFW into the final version released to theaters, disappointing fans everywhere, in an effort to hide Bagan's existence and ruin master director Kitamura's career. The extended cut has only passed into the hands of a few dedicated fans, and contains over two hours of additional footage as described above. Being one of those lucky, knowledgeable American fans, I have access to the script, which includes even more scenes that never made it to the final version of the film. It's quite a treat, and contains a lot of great fan easter eggs. It's a shame Toho had to destroy one of the greatest films ever created in the history of world cinema.

While the above is all proven fact, it's a rumor that the true reason for Bagan's suppression is that he feeds on sheer belief in his existence, and if the general populace became aware of him, he could break through to our reality, and destroy it from the inside out. If this ere to be true, then perhaps it's for the best only TRUE Godzilla fans know of Bagan, for the world would surely tremble before his might if he were to manifest in our reality.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

JVM wrote:Bagan was actually created for Gojira by Tomoyouki Tanaka and cut during post-production in fear he would overshadow Godzilla himself, per Honda's own explanation. The original five-hour workprint featuring all of Bagan's original scenes has unfortunately been lost, as the original films were altered to create the final release version. Tanaka was bitter for the loss, and made it his life's mission to make Bagan a focal point in the next Godzilla film, but encountered opposition at every turn. No one is sure why the Japanese government has gone so far out it's way to suppress the inclusion of Bagan into the Godzilla films, but word has it the orders to wipe all traces of it's existence came from the Imperial family itself. This is why American fans tend to know more about Bagan, whereas Japanese fans live completely unaware of the the effort Tanaka spent in his entire career of trying to bring Bagan to the big-screen.
Misread the first sentence and almost mistook most of this first paragraph as true :lol: But it is true Bagan was one of Tanaka's favorites (having helped create him back in 1980), and the man did spend a lot of the Heisei era trying to put Bagan into a film role of some kind, whether against Godzilla, Mothra, or Yamato Takeru. It wasn't until '97 after his passing did the attempts cease.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

GigaBowserG wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan was actually created for Gojira by Tomoyouki Tanaka and cut during post-production in fear he would overshadow Godzilla himself, per Honda's own explanation. The original five-hour workprint featuring all of Bagan's original scenes has unfortunately been lost, as the original films were altered to create the final release version. Tanaka was bitter for the loss, and made it his life's mission to make Bagan a focal point in the next Godzilla film, but encountered opposition at every turn. No one is sure why the Japanese government has gone so far out it's way to suppress the inclusion of Bagan into the Godzilla films, but word has it the orders to wipe all traces of it's existence came from the Imperial family itself. This is why American fans tend to know more about Bagan, whereas Japanese fans live completely unaware of the the effort Tanaka spent in his entire career of trying to bring Bagan to the big-screen.
Misread the first sentence and almost mistook most of this first paragraph as true :lol: But it is true Bagan was one of Tanaka's favorites (having helped create him back in 1980), and the man did spend a lot of the Heisei era trying to put Bagan into a film role of some kind, whether against Godzilla, Mothra, or Yamato Takeru. It wasn't until '97 after his passing did the attempts cease.
The best lies start with a grain of truth ;)

In seriousness though, I actually appreciate Tanaka's efforts to bring Bagan to the big screen and how hard he seemed to push for it over an almost twenty-year period than anything fans have created about the character. No other cutting room character has that kind of longevity, in this franchise or many others, and considering Tanaka was basically the father of Godzilla after the end of the Showa series (Tsubaraya deceased and Honda no longer involved) says a lot as well.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gallavant123
Samurai

Post by Gallavant123 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Seriously guys, this is real. I actually met the guy who played Bagan. He told me that Bagan was to have a bigger part in the film, and would team up with Kaiser Ghidorah. Bagan was also to have brought back all of the monsters from the dead, and use their strengths to become the most powerful monster on Earth. Godzilla would still win though, since he has to. (skreeonk you King Kong)
Too bad they didn't use it though. It was all filmed and everything. Maybe they can use this story for the new reboot. skreeonk that, they must. They will.
That actually sounds like it could have worked better. Have Bagan fight Mothra rather than Gigan, which doesn't really hold significance as a matchup other than him working with Ghidorah. And that fight only gave us what's basically a decapitation gag scene

"lol he lost his head again"

Or I guess to give it context, you can replace fossilized Gigan with the Bagan egg form thing, have the Shobijin foreshadow it like they did (without revealing the creature entirely) and make Gigan some unimportant side monster foot soldier like he ended up being anyway. Have Bagan awaken late in the movie rather than early on to give him better a build up. Perhaps when Osaki beats the Xillian guy, have X crash the mothership over Bagan's "fossil", causing a big explosion that unseals the final monster before you hear Bagan's roar over the explosion.

Maybe make Bagan a bit more plot significant as well, like awakening Bagan is the last step in the process for the Xillians assimilating the humans or something, the goal that the Xillians had. Godzilla and the humans/mutants would be getting in the way of them doing it. It would feel slightly less random and unnecessary. Like X wouldn't just be like "fuck it im gonna take you guys with me" trope, he'd still be taking a last resort step towards what he wanted, regardless of how cliche that was made to be.
Last edited by Gallavant123 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Seriously guys, this is real. I actually met the guy who played Bagan.
Pics or it didn't happen
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER