Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2004/Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Final Wars Godzilla the best all around one

Post by JVM »

The GFW suit really isn't too bad. There's not really any complaints I agree with. It's a "not as good" deal to me, not a "too bad".
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:The GFW suit really isn't too bad. There's not really any complaints I agree with. It's a "not as good" deal to me, not a "too bad".
Clean air at last! Aah. Thank you.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

KaijuMaster
Samurai

Post by KaijuMaster »

The Final Wars Godzilla for me was not the best. I much prefer the "GhidoGoji" suit from 1991's Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah. For me the GFW Godzilla was too slender (although that was down to Toho wanting him to be more of an athletic fighter).
“He (Godzilla) would be twisted and mutated by it, into a rampaging uncontainable force; the A-bomb made flesh.”

Ishiro's Honda conception for Gojira.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I liked the suit. The face wasn't one of my favorites but I didn't think it was bad.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Lionblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Lionblaze »

I liked how he was portrayed in FW. I liked the suit and his fighting style.
His beam was portrayed like it has alot of force and power behind it.
Shadow Area Record
Wins: 17. Losses: 14.

Old Gregg
GPN Volunteer

Post by Old Gregg »

Fianl Wars design is okay. I prefer the 99-00 and the '64 designs.
gimme a cookie or Imma gonna kill you

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

GodzillaDude wrote:Hey the finally suespended Lamango. :)
Internet beers for everyone on me!
Lol, if he can see this still, I bet Lamango is freakin' pissed at all this but can't say anything XD but anyway... And now, back to our thread...
Hoped you enjoyed those beers, kids, cause I had to drink alot of water to fill those flask. Thats right. Its piss. MY piss. And you're so wrong. Unlike most members here, I come on for a few, post whats on my mind, and dissappear for a while.

As for the suits. Yeah. Give me a godzilla who, if he turns the wrong way, the dorsal spines grind together. Give me a godzilla with lifeless doll eyes. Give me a godzilla who doesn't even have a throat behind his tongue. GFW sure is a great suit, ain't it? :roll: With all the other suits, the eyes sometimes moved, even blinked, or had a small light inside them to make them dim when he's feeling week. He had a throat a few times, showing it when he roared to the camera. Hell, sometimes the tongue moved. GFW has none of this. His suit was put together so sloppily, you can see the eyeholes in the throat more than in the Showa series.
Somehow I have never paid attention to tat, but I guess that is pretty legible.What I did like about him was that he knew had win a fight.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

What I did like about him was that he knew had win a fight.
Well, guess what, those monsters where weaker than shit.
Kaiser Ghidorah was not too bad

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I never got this. The FW monsters are weak as shit? Why? Just because they got owned by Godzilla? Ever think their not that weak but Godzilla is just that damn powerful?
SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

GodzillaDude wrote:I never got this. The FW monsters are weak as shit? Why? Just because they got owned by Godzilla? Ever think their not that weak but Godzilla is just that damn powerful?
They got defeated by being thrown into a mountain.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I know but besides that there was no proof to suggest that they were very weak monsters. Maybe Godzilla was just that powerful.
SA

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

GodzillaDude wrote:I know but besides that there was no proof to suggest that they were very weak monsters. Maybe Godzilla was just that powerful.
Well besides astrophysics, there's no proof to suggest a heliocentric solar system. Maybe the Earth is the center of the universe.
bleep bloop

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Legionmaster wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:I know but besides that there was no proof to suggest that they were very weak monsters. Maybe Godzilla was just that powerful.
Well besides astrophysics, there's no proof to suggest a heliocentric solar system. Maybe the Earth is the center of the universe.
That's a little different I'd say and besides I doubt Toho would just purposely make their monsters weak and say "Hey how about let's make all the monsters in the film weak as hell besides Godzilla!" yeah I'm sure.
SA

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

GodzillaDude wrote:I doubt Toho would just purposely make their monsters weak and say "Hey how about let's make all the monsters in the film weak as hell besides Godzilla!" yeah I'm sure.

Have you seen the movie? That's exactly what they did.
bleep bloop

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

No I just think that they just wanted to show that Godzilla was far more powerful then any of them.
SA

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I don't see why it matters so flippin' much whether Godzilla was strong or the monsters were weak. It doesn't make it any more or less annoying the battles take one second, and there's really no evidence in my opinion to sway it too far either way.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

hammysammy59
G-Force Personnel

Post by hammysammy59 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:No I just think that they just wanted to show that Godzilla was far more powerful then any of them.
...and to do that, they made the monsters weak. Simple, no?

What evidence do you have to suggest that they arent weak?
OR they made Godzilla REALLY strong. Simple, no?

What evidence do you have to suggest he isn't super strong?
Haters gonna hate

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

hammysammy59 wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:No I just think that they just wanted to show that Godzilla was far more powerful then any of them.
...and to do that, they made the monsters weak. Simple, no?

What evidence do you have to suggest that they arent weak?
OR they made Godzilla REALLY strong. Simple, no?

What evidence do you have to suggest he isn't super strong?
Quite a bit of the minor details of the film. He's the most inconsistent Godzilla of all time.

He has moments of breaking ALL laws of physics with demonstrations of ridiculous power, and moments that make you wonder why the Hell he's so damn pathetic.

EDIT: And it doesn't truly matter whether he's strong or weak when we're specifically talking about the film itself. It's not like in a review of the film is a fantasy match.
Proud father, husband, and son.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I just wish they wouldn't have made the other monsters look so pathetic when fighting. I mean I know Godzilla would destroy Zilla any day but they could've at least let Zilla land a hit or two.
SA

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Final-Goji is my second favorite suit(1st is Mosu). I think it's one of the most well-balanced looks for Godzilla. It's very flexible. It's not overly bulky and not the least bit fat. Most importantly, this Goji looks capable of being both a menace and a hero, like many of the Showa suits.
That doesn't mean it's without faults, though. I admit, Final-Goji is a little too skinny - but to be fair, Gyakushu-Goji, Mosu-Goji, Soshingeki-Goji and Megaro-Goji are guilty of this as well. With the latter two, it's acceptable, because they portrayed the heroic underdog-style of Godzilla, and it works better in that context. However, when Godzilla is supposed to be a mighty destructive force, it's more convincing with more mass.
I do see why Final-Goji is called "Ratzilla" there is a ratty resemblance. I think it's due to the narrow snout & the ears, which are more noticeable than usual.
My biggest complaint would e the spines - they just look bad. They're small and skinny, when they should be much more prominent.
Overall, though, I think the positives of the suit outweigh the negatives.