Favorite Millennium Monster?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
orga_000
Yojimbo

Favorite Millennium Monster?

Post by orga_000 »

Hey everyone. I am new to the forums but I don't want a parade so just say hi. My first topic will be about your Favorite Millennium Monster. My favorite monster is surprisingly, not what you think. I really like GMK Baragon. I like him because I think he's cute (Guessed that I'm a female yet?). I also feel like Baragon really put up a strong fight in GMK and that's why I like him.

The only reason my name is orga_000, is because Godzilla 2000 is the first Godzilla movie I watched. My dad took me to see Godzilla 2000 when I was 4 and I've liked Godzilla ever since. Whelp, there's my backstory.
Anyways, tell me your favorite monster. I would like to get to know some folks around here.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Re: Favorite Millennium Monster?

Post by latinothor »

Welcome!

My favorite Millenium monster besides Godzilla himself, is Monster X/Kaiser Guidora.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Probably Orga. The US version of G2000 is one of my favorite Godzilla movies, maybe my favorite, and I greatly enjoyed how he was handled. I also love Orga's roars. Runner-up would be Monster X, his oddly humane fighting style and design are great. I really don't care much for Keizer Ghidorah, though.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would have to agree about Orga, runner-up Monster X. For me, Orga has a great core conceit, a good look, and one of the most enjoyable fight scenes in the series.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, I'd have to say my favorite from the Millennium Series is Godzilla from GMK. The film is very personal to me, and he's been my favorite version of Godzilla ever since I first saw the film. However, as for NON-Godzilla kaiju, I'd say it's probably Monster X. I know this seems to be everyone's answer so far, but I felt like he was an interesting addition, especially since he was more humanoid and had a more brutal fighting style. :)
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

orga_000
Yojimbo

Post by orga_000 »

Maritonic wrote:First, welcome to the forums.

Second, I'd have to say my favorite from the Millennium Series is Godzilla from GMK. The film is very personal to me, and he's been my favorite version of Godzilla ever since I first saw the film. However, as for NON-Godzilla kaiju, I'd say it's probably Monster X. I know this seems to be everyone's answer so far, but I felt like he was an interesting addition, especially since he was more humanoid and had a more brutal fighting style. :)
Nice. GMK was one of the films I grew up with. I probably watched it 30 times since I was 6.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Megaguirus is underappreciated for me.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Orga. I love his design and overall concept.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I love Orga to death. Easily in my top 10 of all time.

I also fancy Monster X too. He's got a great design and was a cool inclusion to Ghidorah's mythology.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

hot damn a lot f orga lovers. that is cunting me in, second place is gmillenium

OpteraKaiju92
Ronin

Post by OpteraKaiju92 »

Although neither favorite of either versions, I like both Kiryu and Mothra from Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. from the millenium series. Previously i wasnt a fan of the Godzilla from GMK and now mo he is one of the better incarnations of G.
Last edited by OpteraKaiju92 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become" - Bruce Lee

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Orga, Godzilla 2000, GMK Baragon, GMK Ghidorah, Zilla, Finalgoji, and Kiryugoji are some of my favorites.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Hmmm. I'd have to say a tie between Orga and Kiryu.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

orga_000 wrote:Hey everyone. I am new to the forums but I don't want a parade so just say hi. My first topic will be about your Favorite Millennium Monster.

Welcome to Hell. :mrgreen:
As for your question: I'd have to agree with the majority and say Orga, with Kiryu and Monster X being a very close second and third.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

orga_000
Yojimbo

Post by orga_000 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Welcome to Hell. :mrgreen:
Awwww, thanks! :3

Kenpachiro Hirata
Samurai

Post by Kenpachiro Hirata »

Orga for sure.
Very unique and fresh take on the silly and cheesy "Aliens want to take over the world via giant monster" trope from 60's.
"It started when man first stepped out of the garden of Eden and left his innocence behind."

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Out of the new ones I'd say Monster X due to the design, though his use in film leaves much to be desired

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

GFW/GXMG Godzilla, GMK Baragon and Kiryu stand out as favorites to me.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

- Monster X
Really cool design, lethal, he is pretty cool!
- GMK Godzilla
A ghost Godzilla? Hellish cool design? Portrayed as an unstoppable Force? yes please!
- Orga
Mostly from the GDAMM days, Orga being super secret was friggin awesome!
- Godzilla FW
I like his design, is overpowered, I know he isn't the best Godzilla to most people, but he is a mighty fine Goji to me!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Favorite Character: Orga. The Japanese version of Godzilla 2000 really enhanced my overall opinion of Orga. I'm also fascinated by his origins and potential. If you're interested in reading my full take, see my Monster Analysis* article on the site for more.

* https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/analysis/orga.html

Favorite Design: Megaguirus. While I was supremely bored by the movie she starred in, Megaguirus's design is pretty cool. She deserved better.

Favorite Redesign: Kiryu. He's my favorite MechaGodzilla.

Favorite Underrated Character: Yamato King Ghidorah (GMK). Man, I've despised GMK Ghidorah for years. I disliked his design and presentation. But ever so slowly I've come to like him. What makes Godzilla such a unique character is how he can be portrayed as a hero in one movie but then come back as the villain in the next. I believe the same can be said of King Ghidorah (and kaiju characters in general), though I will admit it could've been done more efficently in GMK.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”