Monster Discussion: American Godzilla '98/Zilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Zilla: The Asexual Weird Thing

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

You're avoiding one of my points. Toho didn't say anything about Godzilla laying an egg. Saying 'he' and never implying that he layed the egg doesn't defy basic reptilian biology. D&E most certainly made claims that they never bothered to back up with an explanation. Toho never made claims, thus they require no explanation.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

IIRC, there ARE animals that reproduce asexually; laying eggs, asexually, however, is something I am unsure of. :|
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

I thin we can chalk this up to poor story choices.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

HayesAJones wrote:I thin we can chalk this up to poor story choices.
Definitely. That and complete biological ignorance.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:You're avoiding one of my points. Toho didn't say anything about Godzilla laying an egg. Saying 'he' and never implying that he layed the egg doesn't defy basic reptilian biology. D&E most certainly made claims that they never bothered to back up with an explanation. Toho never made claims, thus they require no explanation.
I didn't ignore the point. But it was irrelevant to my own point - Toho didn't make claims, true, but they still never explained Minilla and Godzilla on-screen.

The point about SoG however, is an non-fan unaware of Godzilla being male, would likely infer the egg belongs to him. Hell in the original thread IIRC Tyler pointed out that he heard somewhere D&E got the idea from Son of Godzilla, which is part of why I used it as an example.
Definitely. That and complete biological ignorance.
Make Zilla female and the biology is more realistic than classic Godzilla.

Just because I'm defending Zilla being male doesn't mean I agree with it :P
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

guys... hes a male...

the film states he is male... the film knows more about itself then you do...

and there are animals that, when ready to reproduce, will change into the opposite sex... and lay the eggs... and change back.... so that is a big possibility.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

^No zilla... that's not how that works. You're thinking of female animals that have the potential to fertilize their own eggs. They don't magically become male and switch back. It's much more complicated than that.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

^ehem... did some research. I withdraw my statement. :oops:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Chris55 wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:^No zilla... that's not how that works. You're thinking of female animals that have the potential to fertilize their own eggs. They don't magically become male and switch back. It's much more complicated than that.
Many amphibians and fish can change their gender.
Kinda like LGM
I thought LGM was simply a hermaphrodite?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Monster Discussion: American Godzilla '98/Zilla

Post by attilagodzilla »

what do you think of the American Godzilla from GODZILLA1998
do you hate him or like him you can post it in this threat.

I like the American Godzilla and he is nostalgic for me cause he introduced me to Godzilla,but i began to dislike him more and more since i knew of the Japanese Godzilla.
Last edited by attilagodzilla on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

Kubo
Sazer

Re: zilla thread

Post by Kubo »

...I dislike Zilla...with a fury passion that cannot be tamed...
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: zilla thread

Post by HayesAJones »

I like Zilla/GINO. He's no Godzilla, that's for sure, but he is a cool monster when viewed on his own. Even if he's fragile and rather meek, he's also fast, agile, and cunning.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: American Godzilla Thread

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I like him. But he isn't a bona fide Godzillasaurus.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Ehhh not too sold on the design. I perfer to call the American Godzilla not GINO but Monticore helps take the mind of the fact that the lizard isn't truly a Godzilla ;)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Personally, I kind of like Zilla. His combination of features are actually fairly unique (high agility, being a burrower, and being pretty smart for such a large animal). I still don't like him as a take on Godzilla, but I do think he's far from being the worst giant monster in existence in terms of overall design..if that makes any sense. His funky looking head and humanoid-looking arms and shoulders are my biggest gripes with the design, but overall, I've gotten use to it over the years. I do think that Zilla would make for a pretty unique character if there ever was another Godzilla fighting game (not holding my breath on that one though).
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

^ Agreed. The cartoon version made me actually like the character. It was just great to see him use his abilities to battle other monsters, instead of running from helicopters and getting stuck in the Brooklyn Bridge. :roll:
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

LOL, agreed on all counts Tyler, well said!

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Tyler wrote:See over 10 years later and we're still complaining... it will never stop.
Some of us aren't complaining.

I still like the overall design as a monster. The only thing that makes me despise him as a character is that he was just... running around. There WAS no real development of him as a monster. They made him an animal, and that's it.
Proud father, husband, and son.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

KaneLocke wrote:
Tyler wrote:See over 10 years later and we're still complaining... it will never stop.
Some of us aren't complaining.

I still like the overall design as a monster. The only thing that makes me despise him as a character is that he was just... running around. There WAS no real development of him as a monster. They made him an animal, and that's it.
I personally like the concept of doing Godzilla as a animal, but I would have depicted him as the ultimate predator, who stalks the army all throughout NYC. Rather than what we got.

Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Post by Crocodile »

I personally like the concept of doing Godzilla as a animal, but I would have depicted him as the ultimate predator, who stalks the army all throughout NYC. Rather than what we got.
Ultimate Predator is so tired it's not funny, Syfy does it at least once a month.

Godz is walking natural disaster, treat him as such.

Give us more than justd destruction, give us fallout, give us aftershock.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies