What is the source of this gif?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

What is the source of this gif?

Post by TheLastGezora »

For many years now I've seen a gif passed around that has lingered in the back of my mind from the moment I laid eyes on it. It depicts Godzilla, in a typical suburban household, dancing next to a human woman.

(The quality seems to get worse and worse every time I see it)

I apologize if there is another thread on this (I looked, trust me) but I'm now very curious to find out the source of this mysterious footage. The suit looks to be a Heisei Goji so I'm assuming this originated sometime in the 90s. Other than that, I know nothing.

Is anyone able to help me out here?
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: What is the source of this gif?

Post by LegendZilla »

I think it’s from one of the live action segments of Gojiland.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's from Susume! Gojirando: Asobou Tashizan.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

TheLastGezora wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am For many years now I've seen a gif passed around that has lingered in the back of my mind from the moment I laid eyes on it. It depicts Godzilla, in a typical suburban household, dancing next to a human woman.

(The quality seems to get worse and worse every time I see it)

I apologize if there is another thread on this (I looked, trust me) but I'm now very curious to find out the source of this mysterious footage. The suit looks to be a Heisei Goji so I'm assuming this originated sometime in the 90s. Other than that, I know nothing.

Is anyone able to help me out here?

At 1:27
Last edited by Shadd21 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.