Are there other space monsters roaming the universe?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Gigantis
Sazer

Are there other space monsters roaming the universe?

Post by Gigantis »

So lets think back to the ending of Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla. After firing the spiral ray, SpaceG explodes as hundreds of tiny red orbs float back up into space. SpaceGodzilla was born after G-cells escaped into space and began to latch onto other cosmic powers and eventually becoming there own sentient life form. Would this mean that killing SpaceGodzilla accidentally unleashed tons of other monsters on the world?

Also, the Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah novelization says that the Futurian Ghidorah was made by an actual extraterrestrial Ghidorah on Venus. But who's to say that wasn't the only alien Ghidorah? That could mean there's tons of others somewhere out there!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Re: Are there other space monsters roaming the universe?

Post by Kaeyas »

We can speculate but it's unlikely we will ever know....Unless for whatever reason, Toho decided to continue the Heisei timelime decades later with Junior continuing on as Godzilla. Never happen in a million years but I can still dream. Heisei Godzilla with modern sfx would be epic. In the Heisei universe though, I imagine there are likely more Ghidorahs, other alien kaiju as well as other abominations created from G-cells floating in space. Maybe a Space Biollante or something that took more inspiration from her than SG did. Too bad there wasn't any Destoroyah cells floating in space! ::imagines a Space Destoroyah:: as goofy/awful as it sounds, I still think it would be awesome.
Dedicated To Darkness..

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Are there other space monsters roaming the universe?

Post by edgaguirus »

It's always possible there are other space kaiju out there. Future films might explore that, and no doubt numerous fan fictions have used that idea as a basis. It will remain an unanswered question until we get that movie or story.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.