The Psychics

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Psychics

Post by szmigiel »

Grievous wrote:Although I don't think Tokyo S.O.S is as bad as Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.
The fact that they couldn't get Akane back other then a brief cameo is really odd. But that is true of almost all the films that are pretty much direct sequels. Look at Terror of Mechagodzilla they didn't have the Professor back even though he was a Mechagodzilla expert seeing he repaired it, because he was busy playing another Doctor fixing Mechagodzilla. Nor did they have the Agent back, even though you think he was an expert on the alien threat.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

szmigiel wrote:
Grievous wrote:Although I don't think Tokyo S.O.S is as bad as Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla.
The fact that they couldn't get Akane back other then a brief cameo is really odd. But that is true of almost all the films that are pretty much direct sequels. Look at Terror of Mechagodzilla they didn't have the Professor back even though he was a Mechagodzilla expert seeing he repaired it, because he was busy playing another Doctor fixing Mechagodzilla. Nor did they have the Agent back, even though you think he was an expert on the alien threat.
Oh I agree...in fact I think I may have posted a brief synopsis
of what I believe Tokyo S.O.S should/could have been...all by
keeping Akane as the main character & having her be contacted
by the Shobijin.

The "connections" between GvMG74 & ToMG should have been
much stronger than they are...but then I have many issues with
ToMG as a film anyway.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Everything’s so forgettable in the Heisei series, it never stuck out to me, nothing really did :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

szmigiel wrote:
Didn't Professor Miyajima and Agent Nanbara die in the explosion of the aliens' base?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

No, they made it out.

IIRC, the VHS has cuts that made it unsure but my Sony copy confirms their escape.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Everything’s so forgettable in the Heisei series, it never stuck out to me, nothing really did :lol:
Same for me! Nearly all the human characters blur together :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Everything’s so forgettable in the Heisei series, it never stuck out to me, nothing really did
Same for me! Nearly all the human characters blur together :lol:
Human scenes, monster action, set pieces, everything blurs together :lol:
#slatternking