What if the original Godzilla had survived?(Heisei Edition)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

What if the original Godzilla had survived?(Heisei Edition)

Post by Kaeyas »

So I did one of these a while back for the Showa era where basically, Shodai Godzilla (though severely wounded) digs into the ocean floor or a sinkhole and escapes death after the detonation of the Oxygen Destroyer. He hibernates slowly recovering with everyone believing he's dead only to reappear right after Showa kills Anguirus in Godzilla RA. I got alot of interesting responses/speculations so I thought it would be neat to do the same "what if" for the Heisei era. Now I realize there isn't as much going on as the showa series was much longer but I still think it could make an interesting topic non the less. So here goes.

Scenario 1: Serizawa detonates Oxygen Destroyer. Godzilla is wracked with pain as he begins disintegrating. In a last final gasp, Godzilla manages to dig into the ocean floor or finds a sink hole with looser sand and narrowly escapes death. However, he's severely damaged and disfigured missing fingers, half of his tail, etc. Godzilla, hangs on by a thread and using the last of his reserves, puts himself into a deep hibernation where he slowly recovers over the course of the next 30 years. Everyone believing he's dead. Here's where things differ from the showa version. It's now 1984 and Heisei Godzilla makes his first appearance leading everyone to believe he is the original returning after being thought dead for 30 years. Things play out exactly the same as they do in Return Of Godzilla...until the end when Heisei is lured onto Mt. Mihara. Unbeknownst to Japan and the world, Shodai slowly stirs. All the commotion from Heisei plus raised levels of radiation have roused him from hibernation. Finally, the same radioactive storm that revives Heisei from the cadmium missiles fired from the Super X, is just enough and Shodai opens his eyes for the first time in 30 years. So Heisei is imprisoned in Mt. Mihara and no sooner than the world breathes a sigh of relief, Shodai appears in Tokyo bay and proceeds his march into the already decimated city.
Scenario 2: same thing except Shodai doesn't awaken until Biollante calls out to Heisei which unintentionally awakens him in the process.

Added in 6 minutes 14 seconds:
One things for sure, we definatley now have a much more chaotic Heisei era :twisted:
Last edited by Kaeyas on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Re: What if the original Godzilla had survived?(Heisei Edition)

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Well, one thing's for sure: Tomiyama would've gotten his Godzilla vs. Godzilla movie in some form or another.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This is interesting for a lot of reasons, but there is one big change I can think of.
Destroyah doesn't exist in the timeline. In this timeline, the Oxygen Destroyer failed so nobody would continue the microoxygen research,which further mutated the precambrian arthropods to make Destroyah, to try and kill Burning Godzilla.
That certainly is interesting.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:This is interesting for a lot of reasons, but there is one big change I can think of.
Destroyah doesn't exist in the timeline. In this timeline, the Oxygen Destroyer failed so nobody would continue the microoxygen research,which further mutated the precambrian arthropods to make Destroyah, to try and kill Burning Godzilla.
Ehhh, not necessarily. Destroyah didn't exist because of the experiments in micro-oxygen, he was DISCOVERED because of those experiments. At least, if memory serves me correctly that is. There's still a very good chance he would exist.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Maritonic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:This is interesting for a lot of reasons, but there is one big change I can think of.
Ehhh, not necessarily. Destroyah didn't exist because of the experiments in micro-oxygen, he was DISCOVERED because of those experiments. At least, if memory serves me correctly that is. There's still a very good chance he would exist.
Thought they increased the experiments because of an attempt to fix the Oxygen Destroyer? IDK, Vs Destroyah isn't the most memorable to me. Anyway, I meant that while Destroyah still exists, less micro oxygen studies mean they stay as microscopic organisms instead of mutating into the Crab Satan we all know and love.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Thought they increased the experiments because of an attempt to fix the Oxygen Destroyer? IDK, Vs Destroyah isn't the most memorable to me. Anyway, I meant that while Destroyah still exists, less micro oxygen studies mean they stay as microscopic organisms instead of mutating into the Crab Satan we all know and love.
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

They find the microscopic one in the dirt under Tokyo Bay, where the Oxygen Destroyer was released in 1954. Then, soon after, they find the larger one in the Aquarium. Then, like, overnight basically, they grow into the Alien Rip-offs.

I know that's REALLY summing things up but isn't that more or less how it went down? I don't think Micro-Oxygen added anything to their development, only their understanding of the creature and what it was capable of.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Maritonic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

They find the microscopic one in the dirt under Tokyo Bay, where the Oxygen Destroyer was released in 1954. Then, soon after, they find the larger one in the Aquarium. Then, like, overnight basically, they grow into the Alien Rip-offs.

I know that's REALLY summing things up but isn't that more or less how it went down? I don't think Micro-Oxygen added anything to their development, only their understanding of the creature and what it was capable of.
Yeah, I really don't know either. I just think micro oxygen had something to do with it because I think I remember the main microoxygen dude having some "this is all my fault" moment about Destroyah, which I only remebered because of how half assed it was.

I'm probably wrong. Hasn't been the first time I fucked up Destroyah's orgins while speculating in alternate timeline.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thought they increased the experiments because of an attempt to fix the Oxygen Destroyer? IDK, Vs Destroyah isn't the most memorable to me. Anyway, I meant that while Destroyah still exists, less micro oxygen studies mean they stay as microscopic organisms instead of mutating into the Crab Satan we all know and love.

Yeah, I really don't know either. I just think micro oxygen had something to do with it because I think I remember the main microoxygen dude having some "this is all my fault" moment about Destroyah, which I only remebered because of how half assed it was.

I'm probably wrong. Hasn't been the first time I fucked up Destroyah's orgins while speculating in alternate timeline.
Nah, I re-read stuff. Nothing to do with Micro-Oxygen. So, Destroyah would still exist, except he would just appear and be much more frightening as we would know nothing about him.

Though, it would be cool to see him square off against the original Godzilla...

SoggyNoodles2016

Maritonic wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

I'm probably wrong. Hasn't been the first time I skreeonked up Destroyah's orgins while speculating in alternate timeline.
Nah, I re-read stuff. Nothing to do with Micro-Oxygen. So, Destroyah would still exist, except he would just appear and be much more frightening as we would know nothing about him.

Though, it would be cool to see him square off against the original Godzilla...
Yeah, skreoonked up again. Sorry.

Agree on Destroyah vs OG Godzilla.

One thing I do know: Godzilla vs King Ghidorah just got way more confusing in this timeline.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G54 doesn't make it past King Ghidorah imo. I could see him confronting King Ghidorah and getting killed thus making it necessary to bring back the stronger Heisei Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

miguelnuva wrote:G54 doesn't make it past King Ghidorah imo. I could see him confronting King Ghidorah and getting killed thus making it necessary to bring back the stronger Heisei Godzilla.
Does he even make it to Ghidorah or would he just be wiped from time because of the Futurians?

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:G54 doesn't make it past King Ghidorah imo. I could see him confronting King Ghidorah and getting killed thus making it necessary to bring back the stronger Heisei Godzilla.
Does he even make it to Ghidorah or would he just be wiped from time because of the Futurians?
The futurians only ever created Heisei Godzilla, 54 Goji will be fine.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

After defeating Biollante, the two fight, with the original winning due to Heisei having that bacteria weapon used on him. Also I imagine the original being like 75 meters tall now due to absorbing some radiation.
Godzilla rampages a bit before the same bacteria weapon is used on him and incapacitates him.

Eventually Heisei Godzilla fights Ghidorah then Mecha King Ghidorah, and is put into the ocean

Godzilla 1954 awakens and rampages again, Heisei awakens due to the meteor and Godzilla runs into Mothra and Battra who also had awakened. Battra and Godzilla are trapped underground, and Mothra soon transforms into her imago form and goes to fight the original Godzilla in Tokyo. Godzilla Heisei just appears from Mt. Fuji and challenges the other Godzilla to a rematch. Mothra appears and is overwhelmed by both Godzilla, not killed, just constantly being pushed away as the two want a piece of each other. Battra arrives and joins the fray until he and Mothra team up and lead the two Godzilla to the ocean where they are both sealed together for a year. Battra lives and goes with Mothra to stop the meteor that could hit Earth in seven years.
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I also just though it's very possible, maybe probable even that in this timeline, Heisei Godzilla is never created or disappears from history right after Shodai marches on Tokyo. Since Heisei was inadvertently created in the first place by those seeking to recreate him to use against KG thinking he is the original. Since the true original lived, there was no reason to try to change the past thus eliminating the second Godzilla from history. However, on further thinking, they'd probably still think the Dinosaur on Lagos was the original, regardless of there now knowing there are two. They'd likely still attempt it if only to try and get rid of one or the other. Only thing that might change is the nuclear sub that further strengthened Heisei before his battle with Ghidorah. It's also possible(though perhaps unlikely) that the two former dinosaurs might recognize each other as the same species and either be indifferent towards one another or actually pair up in a way similar to Heisei and Junior. If this happened, Ghidorah would have been taken out rather quickly and Mecha Ghidorah would have lost alot quicker as well. MechaGodzilla might have still "killed" one of them but I still say they'd be too much for him to deal with. Even though Rodan would never end up sacrificing himself, I believe one of the Godzillas would end up killing him and absorbing his energy anyway. Most likely Shodai as Heisei would be busy with MechaGodzilla. After Shodai kills Rodan and absorbs his energy, he grows to be at least as strong as Heisei and thus the duo quickly dispatch MechaGodzilla. Battra and Mothra are screwed too if the two Godzillas stay and fight together. Space Godzilla might put up a good fight but I still say 2 Godzillas are too much for him. M.O.G.U.E.R.A is quickly destroyed by the two as well. Destoroyah is where things get interesting. Heisei didn't get the extra energy from the nuclear sub so although still very powerful, he's not melting down. I believe Destoroyah would put up one hell of a fight and most likely kill one of them but I think he'd be pretty beat up by then and the remaining Godzilla would finish him off and live on.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Either way the original Godzilla wont last long considering how much smaller it is than all the other kaiju that appeared. At best Godzilla 54 will be a punching bag and decide to stay in the ocean or it will get killed by one of the other kaiju or G-force. I doubt that the heisei Godzilla and the 54 would play nice with the world not being big enough for two Godzilla's. It would be interesting to see how 54 reacts to Baby though assuming it is still alive and around during the events of GVMG2

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

54 could always potentially grow larger due to absorbing enough radiation.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

It's funny to think how if you stop one Godzilla, the other would begin his rampage. Then vice versa.
I still think G54 could survive long enough, especially if he healed over thirty years like you said Kaeyas. If he healed then there's a chance he got stronger or bigger.

I don't mean to get off topic, but playing with this same idea with both Godzillas running around would be perfect for a video game. Like, the story could fiddle around with choosing the paths of each Godzilla and going from there. There could even be an online mode where you and a friend can choose from any incarnation of Godzilla! Again, sorry if I got off topic a little.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

We know Heisei Godzilla grew every time he consumed large amounts of radiation thus it's safe to assume Shodai would seek it out in turn. Who knows? Maybe he finds his own Russian sub? And yes I agree that after 30 years, he would be closer to Heisei's original size in 84'.

Added in 1 day 6 hours 44 minutes 58 seconds:
So basically, I do not believe Heisei (at the beginning anyway) would be much more powerful than Shodai since they'd be about equal size and strength. Who knows? Maybe Shodai would even be bigger by then. 30 years is a long time. Heisei wasn't even created until the late 70's and all he did was sleep pretty much until the events of ROG in 84'. Yes Shodai would have been sleeping too but for 30 years vs. 10 or less. I believe he'd at least be equal in size if not bigger than 84' and 89' Heisei. I also theorize that Shodai would be a bit more of a problem for the JSDF. To me, he seemed a bit more aggressive than Heisei. There were times in Gojira 54' where Godzilla almost seemed sadistic or just straight up evil, almost like GMK but to a lesser degree. I do not believe he was evil like GMK but I do think he was more aggressive than Heisei if only by a small amount.
Last edited by Kaeyas on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dedicated To Darkness..

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's the difference 54 is a natural Godzilla while Heisei was mutated into a Godzilla. We don't know if 54 would get bigger.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

For the sake of argument, lets say shodai Godzilla in the Heisei timeline has a similar structure and powers as Heisei. I believe his recovering would have stunted his growth, plus if he's hibernating in Tokyo bay, than there would not be any radiation supplies until the storm in 84. According to this site http://www.rickcampbellauthor.com/style ... tml#topic3, nuclear submarines usually can have up to 8 nuclear warheads. Unless it was stated in King ghidorah the number, lets say it had 8 warheads that Heisei Godzilla feed on. And lets say it took half of them to cure him of the bacteria. That means at 4 warheads making Heisei grow 20 meters, 1 warhead gives him 5 meters of growth.

Here is my guess. Heisei's traveling through Tokyo bay wakes Shodai but Shodai seeing the much bigger Godzilla does not decide to engage him but instead observes. The russian and Us missles hit one another. Shodai absorbs half and grows 5 meters or so. Hearing the bird chirping sound, he follows behind Heisei watches from a distance. After Heisei goes into the volcano, Shodai swims back to tokyo and does his own rampage looking around, and then leaves. The world is on watch as they now a smaller Godzilla is on the loose. But with his wondering around, there are even more Godzilla cells, prompting the governments to develop the ANEB even faster and with more corporation as the world has a common foe. Also nuclear subs are decommissioned out of the pacific. The Super x 2 is also built faster to combat the Shodai Godzilla. Biollante mostly happens the same but Shodai gets to rose biollante first as since G-cells are eaiser to obtain, biomajor and saradia have less incentive to release Heisei Godzilla. Also, I think Shodai would have gotten hold of one more nuclear sub before they all got completely decommissioned so I feel he would be about 65 to 70 meters by Biollante. Since Shodai breath is more of a flame thrower, the fire mirror would not I believe reflect as successfully as Heisei's beam. But by the same token, it not be as damaged since it's not as focused on one spot, so the fire mirror is more like a shield instead of a counter weapon. So it takes longer for Shodai to damage it and it uses more of his energy. When he fights Rose Biollante, it's more or less a stalemate since he does not have much energy to use his breath and he gets out of biollante tendrils and leaves after awhile. During this time, Heisei escapes a month after Shodai and Rose Bios fight (the volcano was active and unstable anways so it was a matter of time) curious as he senses two kaiju in the area. He remembers Biollante's call and wonders why he senses himself (Shodai is just another similar anime to himself but not himself). He goes and finishes off the recovering biollante with less energy wasted. At the same time, Shodai encounters Miki and Miki has more success diverting him since he is not as big and is low on energy.

That's all I have right now.
Last edited by darthzilla99 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.