Mu race Manga art (Gamera Trilogy)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
BlankAccount
Sazer

Mu race Manga art (Gamera Trilogy)

Post by BlankAccount »

I found this a long time ago, can't remember where originally, I had to take the copy I uploaded on Gelbooru to share it with you guys. But apparently this was concept art for a flashback where Gamera fights the Gyaos in Mu/Atlantis' final days before sleeping as it's citizens watch on.

Discuss.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Mu race concept art (Gamera Trilogy)

Post by Vakanai »

A shame we never got to see Mu or Gamera's origin.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Vakanai wrote:A shame we never got to see Mu or Gamera's origin.
Actually glad they didn't because it then leaves you deciding how they created Gamera. For me I feel they created him using the DNA of extant and extinct animals using turtle (Appearance), human (Intelligence and standing) and saber-toothed cat (Fangs). Same with the Gyaos using bird (Screeching), bat (Appearance) and lizard/snake (reptilian features).

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:A shame we never got to see Mu or Gamera's origin.
Actually glad they didn't because it then leaves you deciding how they created Gamera. For me I feel they created him using the DNA of extant and extinct animals using turtle (Appearance), human (Intelligence and standing) and saber-toothed cat (Fangs). Same with the Gyaos using bird (Screeching), bat (Appearance) and lizard/snake (reptilian features).
Eh, I've never been a believer in the whole leaving it to the audience's imagination trick, I'd much rather see it and know.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I feel like they missed a chance on Gamera and Iris fighting in Mu. Doesn't need to raise up, their first fight was gonna be underwater but they switched it to air cause ROM2 already did that. Finding that Gamera graveyard could have led to finding the lost city of Mu.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.