Alternate Universe Idea - No Godzilla 1984-1995

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Alternate Universe Idea - No Godzilla 1984-1995

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Inspired from the Showa version.

Title explains it how would the Heisei timeline go down if Godzilla didn't exist?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Alternate Universe Idea - No Godzilla 1984-1995

Post by GigaBowserG »

Would King Ghidorah exist...? Maybe if the Futurians actually went after the '54 Godzilla. Otherwise, no Biollante, SpaceGodzilla, Mechagodzilla, or basically any of the Super-Xs or Garuda.

Battra would wake up, throw a hissy fit, then take care of the meteor heading to Earth. Arguments with Mothra no doubt ensue beforehand.

Baby Godzilla and Rodan would eventually be discovered, probably contained.

Then Destoroyah wakes up, leaving Rodan and Mothra (and maybe Battra) to take care of it. Don't see that ending well, unless Baby/Little Godzilla gets a crazy growth spurt and evolves into Godzilla.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Super-X remains an unused secret weapon, the development of which nevertheless spurs other advanced technologies in Japan, setting the stage for the country's future economic supremacy.

Dr. Shirigami lives a successful life developing genetically engineered horticulture without ever getting involved in any struggle between Saradia and Bio Major for G-Cells, since there are no G-Cells.

Time travelers attempt to subvert Japan's economic supremacy with unknown success. Without Godzilla around they never get the idea to replace him in history with King Ghidorah. Whatever they attempt, if anything, isn't kaiju related.

Mothra and Battra emerge and fight each other. The victor flies into space to deflect the meteor that's on a collision course with Earth in 1999.

Mechagodzilla is never created and Baby lives undisturbed with Rodan for the rest of his days.

SpaceGodzilla doesn't exist.

Destoroyah either doesn't emerge because Dr. Ijuin never studies the sediment samples containing its microscopic pre-cambrian life form stage in this timeline, or Destoroyah does emerge but is killed not long after by a Super-X type weapon equipped with cryogenic artillery.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ivo-goji wrote:Destoroyah either doesn't emerge because Dr. Ijuin never studies the sediment samples containing its microscopic pre-cambrian life form stage in this timeline, or Destoroyah does emerge but is killed not long after by a Super-X type weapon equipped with cryogenic artillery.
I thought Destoroyah emerged because of underwater mining and drilling that freed the Precambrian crustaceans? :eh:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:Destoroyah either doesn't emerge because Dr. Ijuin never studies the sediment samples containing its microscopic pre-cambrian life form stage in this timeline, or Destoroyah does emerge but is killed not long after by a Super-X type weapon equipped with cryogenic artillery.
I thought Destoroyah emerged because of underwater mining and drilling that freed the Precambrian crustaceans? :eh:
We see Dr. Ijuin collect sediment samples from the mining operation, study them in his lab, then one of the three millimeter sized Destoroyah aggregates breaks through the beaker its kept in and gets into the city. I always assumed the entire threat spread from that one tiny escaped Destoroyah; it's the only reason we'd be shown the hole in the beaker, or for the timing of Destoroyah's infestation to happen with the rest of the events of the film.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ivo-goji wrote:We see Dr. Ijuin collect sediment samples from the mining operation, study them in his lab, then one of the three millimeter sized Destoroyah aggregates breaks through the beaker its kept in and gets into the city. I always assumed the entire threat spread from that one tiny escaped Destoroyah; it's the only reason we'd be shown the hole in the beaker, or for the timing of Destoroyah's infestation to happen with the rest of the events of the film.
Ah.

Thanks then. It's been a while since I saw the movie.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think a lot depends on the Futurians' gambit. And that could go a few different ways. I'm going to tackle what I see are the two most likely.

Option 1:
The Futurians still try the same Godzilla gambit. Which means they travel back to 1954. In this timeline, Godzilla is erased successfully from history (since there's only one Godzilla backstory to choose from, they get it right), and King Ghidorah is killed by the Oxygen Destroyer- most likely in a very different location, and with more civilian casualties (based on what vs. Destroyah tells us about a potential above-ground detonation). The means the Japan of 1984 is perhaps a little more shell-shocked and gun-shy, having suffered essentially a third Hiroshima, this one self-inflicted.

Of course, the Futurians themselves might not be so easily dispatched; either they are also killed by the OD detonation (if the good guys get really lucky), or they stick around, force their new supercomputer on Japan, and successfully ruin its economy- then peace out back to their time.

As noted before, Shirigami lives his life in peace.

Battra awakes and does some significant damage to Japan, possibly after engaging the Super X (which is still I its original form; the lack of giant monsters to counter means that most of the high-tech weaponry either needs to be developed, or has the future-tech inspiration to), but only if the Futurians were killed by the OD; otherwise, Japan lacks the economy to build it in the first place. Either way, Battra triumphs- rampaging against polluting civilization until Mothra arranges a meeting of the minds. Even if the truce is temporary (‘These polluted humans are SO gonna get it when I get back…!’), Battra leaves to deal with the asteroid.

Rodan raises Baby, the scientists never able to get the egg away form its protective pteradon.

Because the OD was not detonated in the same place, the fusion of pre-cambrian microbes and micro-oxygen does not occur, and Destroyah is never created. The only giant monsters on Earth are Mothra, Rodan, and Baby Godzilla- who live in relative isolation and peace, and should be enough to keep Battra in check when he returns.

This is probably the best possible timeline- unless Japan’s economy is still in ruins. So, 1a is pretty good, but 1b is a little bleak. No kaiju devastation (except for Battra’s inaugural rampage), but a fairly lousy life for Japan anyhow.

Option 2:
The Futurians are more focused on the 90s than Godzilla, and just go with the supercomputer plan in the same time period as in the movie (events in 1954 happen normally). Unfortunately, lacking a Godzilla component means that Kenichiro is not involved… and it’s quite likely that Emmy will not be flipped. Likewise, Japan may launch the Super-X against them once their sinister intentions become known, but it will be easily thwarted. The Futurians probably succeed, and peace out.

Things proceed very similarly to version 1b; the economy is devastated. Shirigami lives a good life. Battra causes trouble but is eventually mind-controlled negotiated-with by Mothra. In this timeline, however, Battra’s rampage, as well as the economic devastation of the Futurians and loss of the Super-X and many high-technology pursuits as well as the lack of future-tech knowledge may be Japan’s saving grace; it is likely that reconstruction is still ongoing in the weak economy, to the degree that the tunnel project is not occurring, nor is there a sufficient knowledge-base for micro-oxygen research. The microbes that can become Destroyah will remain undisturbed for quite some time, possibly decades… and by that time, Junior may just have matured into a Godzilla that- alongside returned Battra, Mothra, and Rodan- can handle the monster. (And if not, the Futurians, still around and ready to intervene, will undoubtedly be able to bring back the freezing tech needed to stop it at whatever point the global threat emerges- though possibly, based on their grudges, not until after it’s left most of Japan a graveyard.) So the world’s probably got a good 7/10 chance of survival.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thought of this last night.

1985: American and Soviet spies stationed in Japan, wanting an advantage in the war, steal heavily guarded Japanese weapon secrets. They replicate the devices and test it. Unbeknownst to them, these were the plans for the Oxygen Destroyer. They accidentally create Destoryah, who evolves and kills before becoming a 80 meter tall, less developed final form (In this universe, it doesn't have to evolve to fight Godzilla) that rampages through Tokyo. Eventually, it is lured into a controlled eruption in Mount Mihara, where it is destroyed.

1990: Bio-Major steals microscopic Destroyahs kept by Shiragami, which leads to a new Destoryah who battles Biollante, who can constantly reform due to Destoryah genes instead of regenerating wounds. Wounded Destoryah flees, Biollante is killed by new freeze weapons, disappearing in a cloud of pollen.

1992: Futurians enact plan, but this time, they try and prevent Serizawa from using the Oxygen Destroyer. They teleport him away and keep him in the ship. Time travelers return to future where Godzilla 1954 still exists and ravages Japan. Destoryah is awoken, becomes the final form we all know and love, and kills the current Godzilla, as Serizawa returns to fix the timeline. It rampages and is eventually killed by Kiryu (who gets built in place of MKG in this timeline).

1993: Mothra and Battra reawaken and try to figure out what the hell happened while they were asleep, putting aside the feud to deal with the havoc Destoryah has reaked on the environment..

1994: With Kiryu having succeed, the UNGCC never got the tech to make Mechagodzilla and don't have the need to now that Destoryah is dead. Rodan and Baby's happy life's on Adona are cut short as they run out of food due to the lack of fish thanks to old Destoryah. They head off island to Japan for food, where they end up meeting humans. Rodan and the SDF clash, with the SDF also going after Baby due to rampant Godzilla fears. After a lot of chaos, Miki and the ruins of the Psychic institute (probably not enough funding/credibility if your head teacher isn't the link to Godzilla) telepathically stop Rodan. Rodan and Baby soon find lives in a high tech zoo in Japan.

1996: Destoryah-llante, having survived the events of 89, returns to Earth as a unholy hybrid of Destoryah, Spacegodzilla and Biollante. She begins to enact her wrath on the world, conquering it with Destoryah-rose-crystal hybrids. Battra, Mothra, Rodan, and Junior battle her off, leading to a showdown in Osaka. Mothra and Battra die, Rodan becomes Fire Rodan, and Miki convinces the soul of Erika, still struggling to survive as the hybrid, to let go and move on. Fire Rodan dies in a kamikaze against the confused and souless Space-royah-llante that kills the hybrid. This results in a nuclear output that makes Junior this universe's Heisei Godzilla.

Thoughts?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Where did Kiryu come from?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Unbeknownst to them, these were the plans for the Oxygen Destroyer.
????????

It's a major plot point of G54 and GvsDestoroyah that no one in the world knows how to create the Oxygen Drestroyer except Dr. Serizawa.

Dr. Ijuin was attempting to create micro-oxygen based technology but that was in 1996, not 1985, and he never got as far as an authentic Oxygen Destroyer.

If the great powers tried to steal anything from Japan it would be the Super X, which would make Cold War relations worse but probably not create a scenario as bad as the actual events of RoG.
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Unbeknownst to them, these were the plans for the Oxygen Destroyer.
????????

It's a major plot point of G54 and GvsDestoroyah that no one in the world knows how to create the Oxygen Drestroyer except Dr. Serizawa.

Dr. Ijuin was attempting to create micro-oxygen based technology but that was in 1996, not 1985, and he never got as far as an authentic Oxygen Destroyer.

If the great powers tried to steal anything from Japan it would be the Super X, which would make Cold War relations worse but probably not create a scenario as bad as the actual events of RoG.
I completly forgot about that. I guess something else happened then as the whole point of my timeline is Destoryah briefly takes Heisei Godzilla's place. Maybe the Great Powers stole early micro-oxygen plans?

Added in 12 days 19 hours 21 minutes 46 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
????????

I completly forgot about that. I guess something else happened then as the whole point of my timeline is Destoryah briefly takes Heisei Godzilla's place. Maybe the Great Powers stole early micro-oxygen plans?
I just rembered I meant the plans were for recreating the Oxygen Destoryer. I compeltly forgot to add that when I wrote it.

to be fair I wrote the post at 1:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The Futurians go after the 54 Godzilla, and take his non-mutated form away from his resting place while he's sleeping and puts him somewhere else so he doesn't become Godzilla, and then sick King Ghidorah out on Japan, who's killed by the Oxygen Destroyer by Dr. Serizawa. And while they are upset their monster was destroyed, they did manage to erase Godzilla from history!... except not. in 1984, A nuclear submarine explodes next to the sleeping non mutated Godzilla, pretty much transforming him into 54 Goji, but bigger. He soon attacks Tokyo, fights the Super X, and thrown in Mount.Mihara

Godzilla vs. Biollante goes on as usual, but Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah doesn't exist because, well, Ghidorah's dead. The Futurians do come back and try to test out their little machine again, with a new creature: an Ankylosaurus that mutates into Anguirus! The weakened Godzilla goes up against the spiky boi, only to get his butt kicked because of all the ANEB. Forced to retreat, Godzilla heads under the waves, while Anguirus burries into the Earth and then goes into hibernation himself for the time being. The Futurians at this point, stop Japan from being a corrupt superpower.

Godzilla vs. Mothra: Battra wakes up and he's mad, and the human beings realized he's totally loco and only another monster can stop him, so they find Anguirus and awaken him, and then just replace all of Godzilla's scenes with Anguirus and you're golden.

GVMG2 is a different story. Godzilla is found resting on Adonoa Island, resting close to the sea. Rodan is also there along with the not yet hatched Baby Godzilla. Both monsters attack the humans who sick out...MechaAnguirus! (because since he's the greater threat,why would they make a Mechagodzilla?). Rodan dies from the machine, but Godzilla escapes deeper into the sea and goes surfing the world, eventually coming across a nuclear sub...and then grows into 100 meters in height!

Anguirus fights his clone, Godzilla comes in and tag teams both for a rematch and manhandles them, then goes searching for Baby, but leaves after he can't find him. MechaA is repaired, Godzilla and Angurius put aside their differences to stop the machine, and now Godzilla finds Baby and raises him.

Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla is the same, just throw Anguirus in.

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah... Anguirus probably gets killed by Destoroyah honestly. Other than that, also the same.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

1984: In place of Godzilla, instead Bakan makes his presence known to Japan as the shapeshifting kaiju goes on a rampage. The resulting events are much like those of Return of Godzilla; Bakan battles the military, and then engages the Super X and eventually wins. The kaiju is later lured to Mt. Mihara, and is imprisoned within the volcano with the help of a controlled explosion.

1989: Much of the events of Godzilla vs Biollante get transferred to the new timeline, except Biollante is now created from the cells of Bakan, resulting in the hybrid having the ability to change between a land, sea, and air form. Bakan and Biollante engage in combat for a lengthy period of time, before they eventually kill each other in their perpetual stalemate. Biollante's body dissolves into spores that leave into Earth's atmosphere.

1991: Because Godzilla doesn't exist in this timeline, the Futurians instead decide to remove the original 1954 Godzilla away from the Castle Bravo site. Kidnapping the kaiju from his colony, who were still alive at the time, the Futurians dump him in the Bering Sea, before leaving the Dorats on Lagos Island to be mutated into King Ghidorah. The hydra proceeds to later attack Tokyo in the place of Godzilla, only to be later felled by the Oxygen Destroyer. Although upset their kaiju was lost, the Futurians remain confident that their actions will destroy Japan. However, because he was moved into the Bering Sea, Godzilla becomes exposed to the nuclear fallout created by a Russian submarine, causing him to become mutated and reach 80 meters in height. Instead of getting rid of any chance of Godzilla ever appearing, the Futurians instead ensured his return.

As Godzilla makes his presence known and seeks to destroy Japan, the ancient monster Bagan awakens in the Himalayas and begins making his way towards Japan. The two kaiju battle across the land for a lengthy period of time, before they both plummet into the sea while spewing beam upon beam at one another.

1992: Battra and Mothra reawaken, with the former proceeding to ravage Japan and the latter attempting to stop him. As this happens, however, Bagan reappears to engage the insects. The events of Godzilla vs Mothra play out much the same here with Bagan taking the place of Godzilla. Just like in Godzilla vs Mothra, Battra is fatally wounded by Bagan as he and Mothra drop him into the sea, before Mothra seals him away. Afterwards, Mothra leaves Earth to stop the meteorite.

1993: Because Mecha-King Ghidorah never existed in this timeline, the UNGCC don't have the tech needed to build Mechagodzilla. Instead, they focus their current resources on building the Super-X3. During this time, the events of finding Baby Godzilla's egg on Adonoa Island are much the same as in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, though it's '54 Godzilla who instead battles Rodan. When Baby Godzilla hatches, Godzilla begins making his way towards Kyoto to retrieve the infant, only to be intercepted by the Super-X3. After a lengthy battle, the aircraft manages to gain the upper hand on Godzilla with its freezing beam and heat resistant armor, before the kaiju suddenly retreats before he can freeze up completely. Upon discovering Baby Godzilla's telepathic abilities and realizing he was responsible for making Godzilla leave, the UNGCC decide to use the baby kaiju as bait to lure out Godzilla. However, Rodan, who has become Fire Rodan, later arrives to rescue Baby Godzilla. The Super-X3 is re-deployed and puts up a good fight, but Rodan eventually prevails and knocks the aircraft out of commission. Godzilla later arrives and engages in a rematch with Rodan, who now puts up a better fight. Miki, however, telepathically communicates with both kaiju, managing to get them to stop fighting. Godzilla proceeds to adopt Baby Godzilla and leaves for the sea, with Rodan following.

1994: Godzilla, Rodan, and Baby Godzilla, now Little Godzilla, have made themselves a new home on Birth Island, only for a new threat to come down from the heavens. Born from some of Biollante's spores drifting into space, the new monster, known as Spacebakan, has traits characteristic of Biollante and Bakan, notably its shapeshifting abilities. Godzilla and Rodan engage Spacebakan in combat, but are taken down by the beast. Little Godzilla is imprisoned in crystals by Spacebakan, before the space monster flies to Fukuoka where he establishes his crystal fortress. The Super-X3 is deployed, but is unable to fell Spacebakan due to the latter's shapeshifting and EMP emissions, forcing it to fallback. Godzilla and Rodan eventually catch up to Spacebakan, and successfully defeat him after a lengthy battle, though Rodan is injured and incapacitated in the process. Little Godzilla is freed as a result.

1995: By this point, the kaiju continue to live peacefully on Birth Island, and have made a new ally known as Baraguirus. However, Varan awakens as a doomsday omen and sets out on a rampage across Japan. While Godzilla and Baraguirus leave to contend with the beast, Rodan stays behind to guard Little Godzilla. Soon, though, Bagan arrives on the island, having freed himself from Mothra's seal. Bagan fights Rodan and seriously wounds him, before incapacitating Little Godzilla when the latter tries combating him, then leaves the island in search of Godzilla. Rodan gives some of his energy to Little Godzilla to revitalize him, causing the Godzillasaurus to grow into Godzilla Junior, before he falls unconscious. Godzilla and Baraguirus are in a stalemate against Varan in Tokyo, but their battle is interrupted by the arrival of Bagan, who decides to team up with Varan against the duo. Both kaiju manage to seriously injure Godzilla and Baraguirus, but are distracted by the Super-X3. Junior also arrives to aid his father and friend, and after a hard battle, Bagan and Varan are eventually killed. The remaining kaiju return to Birth Island, where Rodan is slowly recovering, and the Japanese government decides to leave the kaiju be, but will keep an eye on them for the foreseeable future.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA