Can we gage who is stronger between Burning Godzilla and Super Godzilla?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Can we gage who is stronger between Burning Godzilla and Super Godzilla?

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:06 pm

I know Super Godzilla is a game but the one feat they have is that both Godzilla's fought Mecha King Ghidorah.

Godzilla Heisei was eventually too much for Mecha King Ghidorah and Burning Godzilla is far stronger than he is.

Godzilla super on the other hand can defeat MKg either in his normal form or by going into Super Godzilla.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

GojiDude95
Samurai

Re: Can we gage who is stronger between Burning Godzilla and Super Godzilla?

Postby GojiDude95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 pm

I'd say Burning.
I am an insect that dreamt he was a man and loved it.....but now the dream is over.....and the insect is awake.
~Brundle

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:52 pm

No, we can't really gauge it.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

There was something I attempted a long time ago to try and compare the two - gauging Super Godzilla's strength using the in-game damage calculations, and comparing them to the official beam temperature stats. Movie Godzilla's atomic ray is said to be 500,000°C. Assuming SG's Godzilla is on par with the Heisei Godzilla from 1993 (as that was when the game was released), game Godzilla gains a 1.167%~ power boost about halfway through the story; it increases his HP, but is also said to up his overall power as well. So is it safe to assume his breath temperature would rise from 500,000°C to about 600,000°C (rounded)?

Then you could compare game Godzilla's ray using his max damage output against MKG, who we can only assume is on-par with the one from its movie: 70 for his "Fire Breath Attack", 80 for his "Hyper Fire Breath Attack", the latter being the equivalent to movie Godzilla's Spiral Atomic Ray from GvsKG. Sadly, there've been no temperature stats for the Spiral Atomic Ray, or even Burning Godzilla's red atomic ray, so the whole thing kind of comes apart without those stats. But I did notice that Super Godzilla's beam strength is roughly double game Godzilla's when fighting MKG, and triple when he fights against Bagan. Probably has something to do with the way he gained "S" energy in both situations.

Anyway, here're the official max damage points from the Japanese SG guidebook:

Godzilla VS. Mecha-King Ghidorah: 70 (Fire Breath Attack), 80 (Hyper Fire Breath Attack)
Super Godzilla vs. MKG: 162 (Super Breath Attack)

Godzilla VS. Bagan: 0* (Fire, due to force field), 30 (Hyper)
Super Godzilla vs. Bagan: 85 (Super)

*As there's generally a 10-point difference between Godzilla's breaths in terms of damage against other monsters, the Hyper breath is about 1.2% stronger than the Fire breath... so I assume the damage dealt here would be 25.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:58 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:<snip>

I did something similar with putting a ROUGH gauge on how strong Bagan is in Super Godzilla. Ended up coming up with between MechaGodzilla 2 (first fight) and Super MechaGodzilla. Seeing as how most damaging attacks seem to mimic the first MG2 v Godzilla fight. Seeing as how Godzilla can only take like 4/5 or so Plasma beams before getting floored, it kinda matches up.

I really need to think it over. Though i'd say Burning G at the Critical Levels of temp. out weigh Super G

GigaBowserG wrote:-the latter being the equivalent to movie Godzilla's Spiral Atomic Ray from GvsKG. Sadly, there've been no temperature stats for the Spiral Atomic Ray, or even Burning Godzilla's red atomic ray,

Go to the japanese Wikipedia article for Godzilla. They should have the beam temps listed along with scaling them IIRC. Should be under the "feats". I know, wikipedia but IIRC they were all correctly sourced.

Added in 59 seconds:
Also - shouldn't this fall under FM? ? ?

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. Two reasons I didn't make this a fantasy match.

1. I'm not putting them against each other just trying to power scale Godzilla's power ups.

2. Video game characters cant be used in a FM.

Added in 40 seconds:
Looks like Burnning G is stronger than Super G.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

GojiDog
Samurai

Postby GojiDog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:13 am

Does the video game ever say how big the monsters are in it?

By the time burning Godzilla shows up in the Heisei series, G-Man was up to 100 meters and the monsters he faced were within that size for the most part, give or take a few meters.

But were the monsters in the game close to that size or closer to the 50 meter standard of the Showa series? Because if so, I think I'd like Burning Godzilla's chances over Super Godzilla, even if SG did the Falcon Punch before it was cool.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:03 am

GojiDog wrote:Does the video game ever say how big the monsters are in it?

By the time burning Godzilla shows up in the Heisei series, G-Man was up to 100 meters and the monsters he faced were within that size for the most part, give or take a few meters.

But were the monsters in the game close to that size or closer to the 50 meter standard of the Showa series? Because if so, I think I'd like Burning Godzilla's chances over Super Godzilla, even if SG did the Falcon Punch before it was cool.

All monsters are the standard Heisei size, 100 meters or above --

Godzilla is 100 meters
King Ghidorah is 120 meters
Mechagodzilla (Heisei) is 120 meters, Mechagodzilla (Showa) is 100 meters
Biollante is 120 meters
Battra's wingspan is 180 meters (matches with his movie self, so he'd be 73 meters in length)
Mecha-King Ghidorah is 120 meters
Bagan is 150 meters

No official stats for Super Godzilla exist, though he's said to be around 110-120 meters.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Kaeyas
Samurai

Postby Kaeyas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Burning Godzilla takes it I believe. As strong as Super Godzilla was in the game, I don't think he could quite match up to a literal walking nuclear reactor on meltdown which could potentially be a planet buster. But then that also begs the question of who's stronger out of Bagan and Destoroyah?
Dedicated To Darkness..

Return to “Heisei Series (1980's-1998)”