Which was your favorite Heisei Movie and Monster?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Re: Which was your favorite Heisei Movie and Monster?

Post by szmigiel »

Film: Godzilla Vs. Biollante
While far from prefect I like how ambitious it was, and it was more Sci-Fi then Sci-Fantasy.

Kaiju: King Ghidorah
Like the redesign faithful to the original, with nice updated touches. Hands down best fights in the Heisei series, of course the fact that is was a day fight helps a lot.

satch4684
Ronin

Post by satch4684 »

i cant even remember the first two, i need to watch them again, but pretty sure ive seen both.

the others I would say, maybe G vs MG was my favirote, spacegodzilla is my favirote monster probably

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Favorite Heisei Monster: Destoroyah/Godzilla Junior

Favorie Movie: Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, primarily because it was one of my first Godzilla movies.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Film - Tie between Return of Godzilla and Biollante. Next would be King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla and maybe Destoroyah. Mothra and SpaceGodzilla are last.

Kaiju - Definitely Biollante. She's a great practical effect and design, eschewing a humanoid form for something far more massive and monstrous. The only other modern designs that really come close are outside the Godzilla series - Legion and Iris.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

Not that I'm being a Trollinator or what I'm saying might be nonsense BUT - well a TRUE Big-G aficionado APPRECIATES ALL Big-G's and films of Big-G for starters ... I can't really have any favorites myself BUT I'll just outline the ups of the Heisei series films and Kaiju's:

1.) Big-G 1984 (30th year of Big-G haha) and Big-G comes back :)
2.) Big-G vs Biollante (well Biollante being a semi-plant clone of Big-G's and due to courtesy of the Organizer G-1 PLUS the Anti-Big-G Nuclear Bacteria ...)
3.) Big-G vs King Ghidorah 1991 (well King Ghidorah 1991 was more or less on mind-control and being Dorat's compared to the Showa 1964 3 headed Golden Dragon whom destroyed Venus or was it Mars ... and the fact by Showa standards or PIS required more than Big-G Showa at times to kick his ass - although Gigan 1972 comes awfully close to where next to Anguirus 1972 Big-G 1972 did give a good account of himself somewhat ...)
4.) Big-G vs Mosura 1992 (Battra being an interesting concept being the Dark Mosura... dunno what to say about Mosura 1992 - though the Sacred Springs and the Diet Scene was spectacular :) and the Dust Antennae Beams were also nice in the tag-team...)
5.) Big-G vs Mecha-G 1993 (couldn't believe Big-G 1993 was literally BRAIN DEAD ... and how Fire Rodan being a Rodan since 1956 Rodan to have a powerful beam weapon - the URANIUM HEAT BEAM and pivotal as a semi-Deux-Ex Machina - well rather Deux-Ex BEAM ;) - and Mecha-G 1993 as Mecha-G 1993 :) )
6.) Space-Goji (Space Clone of Big-G ... haha - though I wonder really if he counts as one of Big-G Heisei's more powerful opponents ...)
7.) DESTOROYAH ... >:D the fact they made connections of the Oxygen Destroyer from 1954 and the 40 year tie in to the film :) But Big-G Melt's to death :( ... AND GOJI JUNIOR!

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:a TRUE Big-G aficionado APPRECIATES ALL Big-G's and films of Big-G for starters
Bullshit
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:well a TRUE Big-G aficionado APPRECIATES ALL Big-G's and films of Big-G for starters ...
This is false.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

UltramanGoji wrote:
The Godzilla Camp wrote:well a TRUE Big-G aficionado APPRECIATES ALL Big-G's and films of Big-G for starters ...
This is false.
Hello again! Really? Why? I was just meaning that one should ENJOY and APPRECIATE ALL Big-G's - not just the suit designs, feats, popularity BUT also knowing Big-G - as long as he's got the fins, the personality, the Atomic Ray Beam, the fights and works - and he's the King! I mean like how a true gourmet would sample and appreciate and enjoy foods and delicacies no matter how subtle or unusual it may be yes? Or have I gone wrong on a tangent or something?
F4ZaTE_X wrote:
The Godzilla Camp wrote:Not that I'm being a Trollinator or what I'm saying might be nonsense BUT - well a TRUE Big-G aficionado APPRECIATES ALL Big-G's and films of Big-G for starters

It's not saying anything about "What movie do you not like blah blah" It's asking which one is your favorite. You can like the others and have a favorite, too. You don't have to be like "This is the only good one all the others suck."
:'( Apologies for the confusion - I was not meaning to be rude or such - or pontificating on a tangent - I was not saying that any or such films sucked - I was just referring to that I myself couldn't decide which Heisei Big-G film and monster was a favorite of mine ... just could choose the right one :'( :g2k:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Godzilla Camp wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
This is false.
Hello again! Really? Why? I was just meaning that one should ENJOY and APPRECIATE ALL Big-G's - not just the suit designs, feats, popularity BUT also knowing Big-G - as long as he's got the fins, the personality, the Atomic Ray Beam, the fights and works - and he's the King! I mean like how a true gourmet would sample and appreciate and enjoy foods and delicacies no matter how subtle or unusual it may be yes? Or have I gone wrong on a tangent or something?
Because there is no such thing as a "true fan". You can be a fan of the franchise and still hate some of the movies.

For example: I hate Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) and Godzilla: Final Wars. Does that make me any less of a fan? No, of course not.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Movies:All of them!!!
Monster:Shockirus, Biollante, Battra, SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Hello again! Really? Why? I was just meaning that one should ENJOY and APPRECIATE ALL Big-G's - not just the suit designs, feats, popularity BUT also knowing Big-G - as long as he's got the fins, the personality, the Atomic Ray Beam, the fights and works - and he's the King! I mean like how a true gourmet would sample and appreciate and enjoy foods and delicacies no matter how subtle or unusual it may be yes? Or have I gone wrong on a tangent or something?[/quote]

Because there is no such thing as a "true fan". You can be a fan of the franchise and still hate some of the movies.

For example: I hate Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) and Godzilla: Final Wars. Does that make me any less of a fan? No, of course not.[/quote]

Hello again! Ah I see ...

Well its just - well - I myself don't mean to boast or draw on a pontificating tangent BUT I don't hate any Big-G films in particular nor do I hate any Big-G designs overall and I love practically all the merchandise more or less - and even Yankzilla aka Zilla 98 - I liked the film and I hated it when he got killed off :( ... :g2k: So SURELY there must be others too whom don't downright have any Big-G films or designs they hate eh? In fact whenever I recieve a new Big-G toy figurine or such I get pretty estatic :)

Hmm on a side note I can't imagine if one could hate Mosura vs Big-G 1964 - that is if you're just providing an example BUT if you meant you actually hated it - was it the film? The plot? Mosura 1964's design? Or even the Mosu-Goji 1964 design? Really? I mean the 1964 Mosu-Goji was a classic design and many like this design - I'm not saying ALL BUT ...

Well apologies if this comment would upset you - just me saying ... or if it is really starting to Trollinate :( ... :g2k:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You're comments aren't upsetting me, I'm just disagreeing with you.

I don't hate MVG, but I strongly, strongly dislike it.

It's just a boring film to me. I usually just start the film at Godzilla's arrival, and even then I only get about 10 minutes in before I turn it off and go do something else.

I think Mothra is just a really boring character to me. And no, I don't care that Godzilla was defeated by two larvas, that's a stupid excuse to hate this movie. Nearly all the movies that Mothra is in are some of my least favorites. Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) is my second worst Heisei movie, Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. is bleck, and GMK is overrated and Varan should've been in Mothra's role instead.

However, I really enjoy the Rebirth of Mothra series, especially Mothra 3.

Sorry for going off-topic, let's drop this discussion.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

UltramanGoji wrote:You're comments aren't upsetting me, I'm just disagreeing with you.

I don't hate MVG, but I strongly, strongly dislike it.

It's just a boring film to me. I usually just start the film at Godzilla's arrival, and even then I only get about 10 minutes in before I turn it off and go do something else.

I think Mothra is just a really boring character to me. And no, I don't care that Godzilla was defeated by two larvas, that's a stupid excuse to hate this movie. Nearly all the movies that Mothra is in are some of my least favorites. Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) is my second worst Heisei movie, Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. is bleck, and GMK is overrated and Varan should've been in Mothra's role instead.

However, I really enjoy the Rebirth of Mothra series, especially Mothra 3.

Sorry for going off-topic, let's drop this discussion.
Hello again! Well - I tell you what :) - I'll JUST put in another comment on this and good is good:

1.) Atleast Mosu-Goji 1964 is a classic suit one way or another ...
2.) Yah - Mosura 1964 - not the most exciting of the Mosura designs and that said I myself didn't really care much on her outcome on her fight against Big-G 1964 myself neither ...given she was going to die as stated anyhow ...
3.) Yup only gave two nukes worth when there was Big-G 1964 - honestly I wanted him to win ...
4.) Yes - Mosura Leo FTW! I happen to have a larva Bandai figure of his :) Nice Xmas present I got :)

Well enough Trollination from me on this ...

(Y) (Handshake) :)

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
This is false.
Thank you.

You don't have to like EVERYTHING Godzilla related to be a fan. A "true affectinado" shouldn't HAVE to love every movie. I absolutely detest that way of thinking.

Oh and this "trollinator" stuff has gotten old, along with calling Godzilla "Big-G" every single time you mention him. You've only been here a few days and already yours are posts I instantly pass over when I read threads here.

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Legion1979 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
This is false.
Thank you.

You don't have to like EVERYTHING Godzilla related to be a fan. A "true affectinado" shouldn't HAVE to love every movie. I absolutely detest that way of thinking.

Oh and this "trollinator" stuff has gotten old, along with calling Godzilla "Big-G" every single time you mention him. You've only been here a few days and already yours are posts I instantly pass over when I read threads here.
Actually Godzilla has been called Big-G - I mean next to G-Man, Goji, Alpha Predator, Big-Gray Gecko and a handful of other-names so ... :g2k:

Suit yerself - I don't want no flame-wars or angry fight-club thread arguments - just me saying - apologies if it upsets or annoys you BUT its not like I'm posting attacks, racist comments or hate spam or something right? :( :g2k:

But alright - the Trollinator part must be enough then fine and dandy.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

deleted
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

He's not really doing that as much as he's insisting on an slightly obnoxious posting style. I get that people call Godzilla "Big G" but it's hard to have a conversation with someone who uses a nickname like that ALL THE TIME.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Do we even count any of the "legacy" characters? Mothra, Rodan, KG, etc.?

If we're going solely original, we've got slim pickin's. Biollante, easily then.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

deleted
Last edited by F4ZaTE_X on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

For movie, it's G vs Destroyah and G vs Biollante.

The favorite monster is Biollante. Not only is it original, but the monster also has a good backstory.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.