Scrapped Monster: Deep Sea Life

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Omegazilla
Yin-Yang Master

Re: Scrapped Monster: Deep Sea Life

Postby Omegazilla » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:58 pm

While this is an interesting creature design I am glad we got what we actually got instead. The only hypothetical rival that I'd like as much as Des is Bagan, who sadly has become a pipe dream tha only real Godzilla fans know of. I just can't see this monster being Godzilla's final opponent. I am also not a fan of how the Oxygen Destroyer simply kills Godzilla again. At least with Dessy Godzilla was able to fight the superweapon incarnate and even win a few battles.

Dino-Mario
Interpol Agent

Postby Dino-Mario » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Dang he thicc
In all seriousness, the design is good, but the name is pretty bland and he didn't really seem fitting to be a "final boss" type of enemy.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

tyrantgoji
G-Grasper

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 am

he would be better in say the middle of the Heisei era. but final enemy monster? nah, Destoroyah has that title down.

Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 am

I really like the design. Hopefully, it gets used in a later movie down the road.

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Any chance this design just got incorporated into Daghara down the line? Obviously the body structure is different, but the general idea, large finned dinosaur type monster remains the same.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Any chance this design just got incorporated into Daghara down the line? Obviously the body structure is different, but the general idea, large finned dinosaur type monster remains the same.

Not out of the question but extremely doubtful. A lot of the Dagahra concept art is based more on fish and sharks. The design that was used was actually an unused Death Ghidorah concept that was tweaked into Dagahra

Return to “Heisei Series (1980's-1998)”