Scrapped Monster: Deep Sea Life

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Scrapped Monster: Deep Sea Life

Post by Omegazilla »

While this is an interesting creature design I am glad we got what we actually got instead. The only hypothetical rival that I'd like as much as Des is Bagan, who sadly has become a pipe dream tha only real Godzilla fans know of. I just can't see this monster being Godzilla's final opponent. I am also not a fan of how the Oxygen Destroyer simply kills Godzilla again. At least with Dessy Godzilla was able to fight the superweapon incarnate and even win a few battles.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Dang he thicc
In all seriousness, the design is good, but the name is pretty bland and he didn't really seem fitting to be a "final boss" type of enemy.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

he would be better in say the middle of the Heisei era. but final enemy monster? nah, Destoroyah has that title down.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I really like the design. Hopefully, it gets used in a later movie down the road.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Any chance this design just got incorporated into Daghara down the line? Obviously the body structure is different, but the general idea, large finned dinosaur type monster remains the same.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Any chance this design just got incorporated into Daghara down the line? Obviously the body structure is different, but the general idea, large finned dinosaur type monster remains the same.
Not out of the question but extremely doubtful. A lot of the Dagahra concept art is based more on fish and sharks. The design that was used was actually an unused Death Ghidorah concept that was tweaked into Dagahra