Scrapped Monster: Bio monster

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Scrapped Monster: Bio monster

Post by Maritonic »

Ghidrah23 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Godzillian wrote: I can think of a few scenarios with this beast fighting Gamera, it's all about presentation ;)
I guess kaiju with human-like faces are just very unappealing to me.
I heard somewhere about the fear factor of creatures with human features:

When we see them, we see ourselves. Remind us about a fear deep inside our subconscious/unconscious mind about what will happen to us if we let our feral side dominate us. The fear itself would not shown directly like that. We will just fear the monster without reason other than it pose an immediate danger
Yeah. No. I just think they look stupid.

I love plenty of "human" monsters, but human looking kaiju look stupid to me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

alicio241
Ronin

Post by alicio241 »

What book is this?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Would of been interesting if there were a couple of Bio Monsters made to have been a weaponized version of the Gargantuans.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It works much better for a Gargantua remake or reboot. Godzilla fighting a giant human based kaiju would be original, but I'm not sure the Bio Monster is the right idea for one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

To be frank, I am happy they scrapped this in favor of Destoroyah. It would not have fit with the Heisei series's library of antagonists, and it feels more like something that would belong with Frankenstein and the Gargantuas in the Showa series.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Godzillian wrote:So one idea for a film was "Godzilla vs Bio Monster", no plot details are known other then G-force would have created the biomonster. The beast itself was going to have g-cells grafted onto it. The idea was dropped in favor of Godzilla vs Destroyah.

With GODZILLA 2000, where Shinoda and Miyasaka were marveling over the potential applications of Organizer G1, this looks like something that could come from that line of research. A humanoid kaiju doesn't seem that out there for an opponent for Godzilla. A lot of us are slightly mystified Toho, despite some rumors, never got around to pitting the Big-G against one or more of the Gargantuas. Reminds me of an idear Clint Werner for a sadly planned, but never done Garantua/Godzilla fan-fic involving Dr. Frankenstein creating a bunch of Gargantuas, alongside Sanda and Gaira. These Gargantuas would've had black fur, to give them a look similar to the Nazis, which Frankenstein was a part of. Also, the Gargantuas, would have spines, pinchers, claws, multiple limbs with implements of destruction, maiming on them like the Frankenstein monstrosities in FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY , or the Leader's Gamma-Warriors in the mid-Nineties INCREDIBLE HULK cartoon.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.