Monster Discussion: Orochi

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Monster Discussion: Orochi

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Discuss Orochi, the eight headed serpent, from Yamato Takeru.

I like the design, it has flaws (mainly the legs), but I still like it. The movie was awful, but I really do like Orochi's depiction in it. What do you all think?
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Re: Monster Discussion: Orochi

Post by OGMechaMothra »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Image
Discuss Orochi, the eight headed serpent, from Yamato Takeru.

I like the design, it has flaws (mainly the legs), but I still like it. The movie was awful, but I really do like Orochi's depiction in it. What do you all think?
I recently bought the movie on dvd.. I enjoyed it. It's not a bad as people say. It defiantly could have been better. It felt like the RoM films. Agreed, the legs are the worse part of the kaiju itself.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

A great kaiju wasted in a bad movie.
Last edited by Godzillian on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Awesome design and Toho's nice take on the very very mythical monster that inspired the King of Terror we all know today known as King Ghidorah.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I've only seen the battle scene, but it's one strong and intimidating kaiju. The crown of horns around the head are really aesthetic for me, but that massive tail is a bit of a drag. It looks over proportioned to the body.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Figured this would be the best place to post this here, Orochi’s updated bio: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/orochi_heisei.htm#o
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

One sentence to describe him: beams, beams and more skreoonking beams!

Also, his heads look really good, but his lower body looks bad. It barely moves!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Figured this would be the best place to post this here, Orochi’s updated bio: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/orochi_heisei.htm#o
I checked it out and it looks like the same article as before.

Either it hasn't been changed to the new one at all or something's wrong with my computer here and I don't know what it is.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

mikelcho wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Figured this would be the best place to post this here, Orochi’s updated bio: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/orochi_heisei.htm#o

Either it hasn't been changed to the new one at all or something's wrong with my computer here and I don't know what it is.
Go Incognito. Or just wait 24 hours.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

Go Incognito. Or just wait 24 hours.
Okay, thanks. I'll try again later. I'd like to see how it turns out.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

mikelcho wrote:

You may need to clear your cache, if you visited the page recently, or just wait 24 hours. Viewing incognito can do the trick sometimes, too. Tsukuyomi and Sukinowa haven't been updated, just Orochi (for now).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

GigaBowserG wrote:
mikelcho wrote:

You may need to clear your cache, if you visited the page recently, or just wait 24 hours. Viewing incognito can do the trick sometimes, too. Tsukuyomi and Sukinowa haven't been updated, just Orochi (for now).
I said previously that I'll wait, so I'll wait. Thanks anyway, though!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Actually now that i think about it, what does that sentient severed fragment thing mean?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Gigantis wrote:Actually now that i think about it, what does that sentient severed fragment thing mean?
Long before the events of the movie, the god Tsukuyomi turns into the monster Orochi but is defeated by Susano-o. One of Orochi's many fangs breaks off and transforms into the human sorcerer Sukinowa. Sukinowa influences events that enable the return of Tsukuyomi; he dies and reverts into the fang again when he returns the dark sword to Tsukuyomi.

In short, it's a way for Orochi to preserve itself after defeat, since apparently separated parts of its body can achieve sentience.
Last edited by Terasawa on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Like how GKG's tail allowed it to survive to the present.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.