The TRUE final Heisei movie.

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

The TRUE final Heisei movie.

Post by UltimateDitto »

Okay so I was looking up when the real life Heisei era ends and rumors say it could potentially be 2019, now then, what if Toho decided to make one last Heisei film to commemorate the end of an era. The movie would obviously focus on Junior, but what would the plot be?

I would like to see at the beginning, a sort of where are they now for both human characters and monsters, the movie can take place in 2019 and could maybe focus on a rogue scientist who had been trying to create his own super weapon by splicing Biollante, Battra and Destoroyah cells. So this for one would be a spiritual successor to Bagan, and a sorta DBZ Cell like character. I believe that since we started with a scientist (Shiragami) we should end with a scientist too.

I would give this monster two forms, the first one that Junior faces at the beginning of the movie and beating with ease, to the second and final form that gives Junior a run for his money, I would like to have Miki and maybe a new psychic to give Junior one last push of encouragement which helps Junior to win, maybe finish with a hyper spiral ray. Finally peace is achieved and Junior can live life in harmony.

Pretty basic outline but what would you guys like Toho to do if they decided to make one last Heisei movie? :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: The TRUE final Heisei movie.

Post by Cybermat47 »

It would have to be an anime - Toho can’t make any more live-action Godzilla films until GvK is released.

Personally, I like the idea presented by someone else that the film would see Junior battling the true, original King Ghidorah from space, who would presumably be cloned by the future people, and that clone is what we see in GvKG.

And it would be revealed that this King Ghidorah is actually the so-called asteroid that Mothra set out to stop, so Mothra gets killed by King Ghidorah in space.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The so-called Heisei series are not actually called that in Japan. Therefore, they are not actually associated with the reign of Akihito. Even if Toho were to do a new film in said continuity, it won't be to coincide with said Emperor's abdication.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Cybermat47 wrote:Personally, I like the idea presented by someone else that the film would see Junior battling the true, original King Ghidorah from space, who would presumably be cloned by the future people, and that clone is what we see in GvKG.

And it would be revealed that this King Ghidorah is actually the so-called asteroid that Mothra set out to stop, so Mothra gets killed by King Ghidorah in space.
OMG yes I would love that so much!!!! In fact there was going to be a Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah II featuring Godzilla fighting a similar creature from space to the one he fought last year that likely would've been that plot.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The true last Heisei film was Shin Godzilla.

Even if another film gets made, none will ever capture the same level of THIGHS and BEAMS.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ivo-goji wrote: Even if another film gets made, none will ever capture the same level of THIGHS and BEAMS.
I agree wholeheartedly lol.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's my plot.

Mothra is out in Space and the asteroid is King Ghidorah who easily beats Mothra. Mothra follows Ghidorah to Earth but sends out an SoS to Miki.

King Ghidorah arrives on Earth and easily defeats Jr. The final battle sees Mothra, Godzilla and Biollante as well as the Super X 3, do battle with King Ghidorah. Biollante dies, Mothra dies and King Ghidorah is kilked. Jr returns to the sea never to be seen again.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

miguelnuva wrote:Here's my plot.

Mothra is out in Space and the asteroid is King Ghidorah who easily beats Mothra. Mothra follows Ghidorah to Earth but sends out an SoS to Miki.

King Ghidorah arrives on Earth and easily defeats Jr. The final battle sees Mothra, Godzilla and Biollante as well as the Super X 3, do battle with King Ghidorah. Biollante dies, Mothra dies and King Ghidorah is kilked. Jr returns to the sea never to be seen again.
So Mothra jams the Police really really loud?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

You know in a day and age in which fan-theories are starting to get accepted officially (i.e Tarzan being the younger brother of both Anna and Elsa or that red-haired girl in the second Wolverine film predicting his death), I wont be surprised if the theory of the asteroid being the real Ghidorah gets endorsed by Toho.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh gosh, I hope not. We got the 'real Ghidorah' of the Heisei series- heck, we got three different versions, thanks to the Mothra films. He was different from the classic showa version; that was the point of a re-imagining. Not all versions have to be like the original (as GMK, and presumably the forthcoming Monsterverse film, demonstrate).

And I realize that his performance wasn't as all-powerful as fan-lore wants him to be... but he was also right on par with the actual performance he typically gives in his appearance, which never matches his informed attributes anyhow. :) A bigger, badder version that is actually the world-destroyer he's supposed to be may be an item on many fans' wish lists, but I don't think there's really any narrative, tonal, or thematic reason to try and connect it into the Heisei series; neither a King Ghidorah, nor an apocalyptic final villain tied to Godzilla's legacy, nor a conclusive and satisfying ending, are vacancies in the series in need of filling. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!