What is going on in the Heisei timeline right now?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
LegendZilla
Sazer

What is going on in the Heisei timeline right now?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, I know it's a bit obvious, but I can't help but be inspired by the one thread in the Showa section regarding what is going on that particular timeline's present day. So why not try to speculate the same for the Heisei timeline? My theories are :

The mature Godzilla Junior remains mostly unopposed in his position as King of the monsters.

Miki Saegusa's psychic powers are further diminishing, but she has a daughter who inherited her mother's abilities and said daughter's power remains strong. Saegusa herself is divorced.

G-Force continues to produce advanced giant mechs and other advanced weaponry on a scale unheard of when compared to just 20 years ago.

Mothra may or may not have returned to Earth by now.

Any ideas of your own?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: What is going on in the Heisei timeline right now?

Post by Ivo-goji »

Godzilla Jr returns to Adona Island and it becomes like the Heisei equivalent of Monster Island.

Mothra fails to deflect the meteor, which turns out to be the real King Ghidorah, who arrives on Earth in 1999 and is defeated by Godzilla Jr. Ghidorah survives and becomes GJ's arch nemesis like in the Showa series.

GJ goes on to join forces with Biollante to fight a second SpaceGodzilla in 2006.

The UNGCC throws money into building a third Moguera, but it sees limited action because they've already got the perfect anti-kaiju weapon in the Super X-3 and they'll never need anything else. They also rebuild Mecha King Ghidorah and create a second Mecha King Ghidorah from the corpse of the one from 1992 even though they'll never need them. But now there are three Ghidorahs hanging around and you know they've got have a throw down eventually. It probably happens in Manhattan around 2012, for symbolic reasons.

Yeah, I can see Miki starting a family. Hopefully with Kenichi Yamane and not Shinjo though, forget that guy.

I feel like organizations like Bio Major would start to come out of the woodwork, trying to do crazy schemes like genetically engineering a Godzilla/Ghidorah/Battra hybird or analyzing Destoroyah's frozen remains to recreate the Oxygen Destroyer or something. Maybe Godzilla Jr gets cloned and he adopts the clone the way Godzilla Sr adopted him?
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Might still be too soon, but I imagine sooner or later someone's discovered the dormant body of Heisei King Ghidorah underwater. While the Japanese government eventually restricts access to Ghidorah, some samples of its body circulate in the black market for high prices. Other samples are preserved, eventually leading to the creation of genetically engineered prototypes of the Dorats, though this wouldn't really come to fruition for another 150~ years.

Tokyo has been rebuilt. Thanks to Junior soaking up a majority of the expelled radiation of his father, the fallout was nowhere near as devastating as predicted.

The adult Junior remains a reluctant ally to humanity, fending off new monster threats that rise once a year or so, while his father's skeleton - which survived the meltdown - has been collected by the Japanese government for scientific research. Kenichi Yamane has become G-Force's leading expert on the biology of giant monsters, and heads the team responsible for unlocking the mysteries of Godzilla by way of the skeleton.

Mothra returns to Earth, having destroyed the prophesied meteor (Gorath?). She occasionally assists the new Godzilla in dealing with any problematic monsters.

Miki Saegusa's psychic abilities are nigh nonexistent. She is still able to tap into the mind of the adult Junior, however, who is much more open to her than his father. Miki also remains a member of G-Force, somewhat as an excuse to stay close to Godzilla. Most other members have retired or passed on.
Ivo-goji wrote:Mothra fails to deflect the meteor, which turns out to be the real King Ghidorah, who arrives on Earth in 1999 and is defeated by Godzilla Jr. Ghidorah survives and becomes GJ's arch nemesis like in the Showa series.
I imagined something like this, another version of King Ghidorah arriving to Earth and constantly being a pest to the adult Junior. Never would've thought of it being the meteor, though :o
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Nostradamus said that in 1999 the great King of Terror would come from the sky. Well, it happened in the Showa series and the RoM Trilogy, it would have to happen here too, and the meteor was scheduled for an awfully convenient time.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would imagine that Junior- owing to his connection with several humans- has become a far friendlier kaiju to humanity, though with a harsh edge due to the circumstances of his accelerated adulthood. At first, he may have been a child in an adult's body, angry and hurting- but I suspect that the last of Miki's telepathy may have been able to forge a connection with him and soothe his borne-of-anger mind. Now, he is not exactly hugs and cuddles, but he doesn't go trampling through human cities on a whim (unless, of course, there is an inherent need in Godzilla whose instincts, in this adult body, overcome his reason). However, with the fallout from the detonated Birth Island, I suspect that Junior may have enough radiation to feed on for quite some time.

All in all, he's not exactly Zilla, Jr. in terms of human encounters, but he's not actively hostile, either- keeping to himself, showing up to fight other kaiju... not an active destructive force to humanity, but one whose patience it's not wise to test, either. (Save for Miki; I agree that she'd retain a special connection to him, and be able to summon or calm him in time of great need, especially with the apparent power of the Cosmos somewhat backing her up).

Mothra, having deflected the asteroid (and to paraphrase Freud, sometimes an asteroid is just an asteroid ;) ) has returned; she and Junior pretty much leave each other alone. She may come in to assist him from time to time, but only if the enemy kaiju threatens earth's ecosystem.

Biollante has never returned, for whatever unknown reason she never returned during the films, either- perhaps it is because her spirit is at peace.

King Ghidorah's remains remain on the ocean floor (so as not to cause a paradox), while Mecha King-Ghidorah's continue to be reverse-engineered. Technology is booming, not unlike your average comic-book world, or Independence Day: Resurgence. Ironically, it might be causing the very economic dominance the Futurians sought to avert, as Japan is the source of technology decades ahead of the rest of the globe's. Whether this, the ANEB, and micro-oxygen- a very many swords of Damoclese dangling over things- have greatly shifted the world's balance of power, or remained contained, is a matter I choose not to speculate over due to the vastness of its implications.

The JSDF continues to build masers and mechas; so far, they have only been used alongside Junior and not against him, though they are maintained against the day that he turns on humanity. As it is, they would be on about the Super-X XII by now, but the advance of mechas (Moguera was nearly strong enough to go toe-to-toe against Spacegodzilla, and a theoretical Godzillakiller; most foes aren't as tough as SpaceG, so the mechas are not getting wrecked as frequently and going through as many generations) have reached the point where they can handle most kaiju (fighting alongside Junior) that threaten populated areas, thus taking the pressure off the Super-Xs as front-line defense. The Super-X V is nearing a decade in service, serving mostly a support role to the KT-End (Kaiju-threat End, a near-identical design to the G-End machine; three generations past Moguera).

Another Spacegodzilla has not shown up yet (if one does, between Earth's advanced mechas and the surprisingly-savage onslaught of an enraged Junior who will go berzerk at the sight of him, he will be in for an unpleasant surprise). Continual environmental surveys and clean-sweeps work constantly to avert the rise of any further Destroyahs; something that can reform from a single microbe is an ever-present threat. The price of the Oxygen Destroyer and the original Godzilla's demise is now a state of constant vigilance and strict environmental control, to ensure that any stray traces of the Destroyer's legacy can be located and neutralized before they grow into dangers. (There have been three separate Destroyah outbreaks, but all were stopped at the first aggregate stage by a better-prepared JSDF).

With the clearing of the radiation, Tokyo has been rebuilt- tentatively, due to the fear of the Oxygen Destroyer's buried legacy- and has been largely rebuilt with futuristic technology incorporated, including a ground-sensor grid which is alert for any traces of microxygen surfacing. Meanwhile, the advanced technology evidenced in Spacegodzilla continues to be put to good use; space exploration (and even some very early colonization efforts) are underway, which have run the Earth afoul of a few alien kaijus.

A Heisei version of Gigan, Anguirus, and to everybody's surprise, Megalon, have appeared, but primarily new kaiju have been challenging Junior and striking from space (reinvented kaiju mentioned here have accounted for only about 35% of the total foes Junior has faced). King Ghidorah has not returned; his Heisei version has been spoken for already. As of yet, Junior does not really have a recurring nemesis.

An experiment to try and re-awaken Miki's psychic powers manifested Heisei Gabara as a lethal force being generated by the subconscious minds of all the children at the psychic institute; Miki was forced to enter the dream-world and battle it to save the children's minds (if Gabara was destroyed, all of their minds would go along with it) even while Junior fought the psychic projection of the kaiju in the city outside.

Most recently, Heisei Hedorah was the most dangerous of Junior's foes, requiring a team-up between Junior, Mothra, and the mech directly preceding KT-End, and the Super-X IV (the latter two being trashed, and Mothra dying, survived by her twin larvae)- leading to the current status quo described above.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Nobody is ever allowed to touch G-Cells again. Ever.

Junior keeps to himself on a remote island, only venturing off when something threatens the world. He tries to avoid humanity, but he does not hate them, mostly due to his relations to Miki and Azusa. A nuclear reactor has been built on that island specifically to feed him.

The JSDF continues to advance technology drastically, having reached the point where they have multiple mechs and a veritable armada of anti-kaiju vehicles.

Using (very, very carefully watched and regulated) Micro Oxygen, the world is made a generally better place as larger fish allow for more food, along with any other benefits of Micro oxygen. Using it in weapons was suggested, then vetoed immediately.

Miki has lost most of her psychic powers, but still teaches the young psychics, and occasionally ventures to the nuclear facility on Junior's island. She is still capable of communicating with Junior telepathically.

More dinosaurs mutated by radiation have been discovered, including another Rodan along with Anguirus. No more Godzillasaurs have been located, but the possibility has not been ruled out.

Mothra stopped the asteroid, which did house a space monster, but said monster did not make it past Mothra. She has since returned to Earth, and mostly kept to herself as well, minus the egg she laid.

The possibility of SpaceGodzilla returning has not been ruled out, nor has the possibility of his shards interacting with something else and producing something even more dangerous.

Due to advanced technology, especially from their gift from the future, has set Japan on the path to world domination. They're also helped out due to Junior's closeness to them, allowing him to intervene before attacking kaiju can do substantial damage to Japan.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

In 1999, G-Force is able to engineer the Futurians time travel technology and discovers the existence of an alternate universe. They open a gateway, Stargate style-- and out comes an apocalyptic-sized flock of unknown, flying reptilian kaiju. A huge bipedal turtle, missing a hand, limps through the gate in pursuit and collapses, spent, devastated from what seems a very recent battle.

As the new kaiju wreak havoc across the globe, G-Force and their newest fleet of mechs, is stretched incredibly thin. The kaiju are easy enough to kill individually, but already they are breeding like crazy. Far too many grow to be Hyper Gyaos, adding to the carnage. Junior is nowhere to be seen. He left Tokyo immedietly following the death of his father, confused at his new body and undergoing PTSD similar to what has been observed in young elephants. Secretly he slumbers at the bottom of the Pacific, adjusting, changing.

Desperate for answers, G-Force assigns Miki to use her powers on the giant turtle. It takes her a while, the turtle's mind is already linked with someone else and creating a new connection is difficult - but finally she receives the whole story. Gamera, the Gyaos, Atlantis, all of it. Realizing Gamera is a possible ally, G-Force do their best to heal him, utilizing some cybernetic parts, including a new badass robot hand (although this is still just Gamera, not some Mecha-Gamera). Everything seems to working, until the time comes to wake him up. Gamera arises, stumbles, and then collapses. What G-Force doesn't understand is Gamera's need for mana, which does not work quite the same way in this universe. This is when Mothra arrives, having dealt with the asteroid. Using, I dunno, some Mothra magic, Mothra is able to convert this universe's mana into something Gamera can take, and finally he gets up - the Guardian of the Universe, ready for battle once more.

Gamera and Mothra split up and join the fight, and the tide turns. It is only then that, off the southern coast of Japan, a tail is seen rising from the ocean, the water boils and glows - Junior rears up from the depths. Like his father, Junior is partially telepathic and can sense the new kaiju. He slept through the arrival of the Gyaos, his body still adapting to his changes from four years previously in a state of hibernation. But with the arrival of a new heavy-hitter, his instincts have taken over and Junior can't help but challenge Gamera to battle. Junior makes a direct b-line for Gamera (the Godzilla march playing triumphantly on his way). Miki tries to make contact with Junior, but their connection seems severed. The world watches with held breath as Junior and Gamera face off. At first Junior seems to kick Gamera's ass, but the Turtle never gives up and hits Godzilla with his chest attack. Incredibly, Junior survives, but he's weakened; the two are poised for a battle to the death, before Mothra arrives, bringing with her a flock of Hyper-Gyaos.

Together, the three kaiju defeat the menace, the worst the Gyaos threat has to over, but Mothra dies in the process (because of course). Gamera departs immediately, going around the world to mop up the remaining Gyaos. Miki tries to make contact again with Godzilla - she gets through! But Junior seems not to recognize her, or even take much notice. This is Godzilla now, through and through. He leaves, going back into the sea. The world hasn't seen the last of him. But when Godzilla does reappear, Gamera will be waiting...

I know that's more just fan fiction than what might actually happen... but c'mon, you wanna see that now don't you?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:Hey guys, I know it's a bit obvious, but I can't help but be inspired by the one thread in the Showa section regarding what is going on that particular timeline's present day. So why not try to speculate the same for the Heisei timeline?
Thanks for slightly stealing my idea! (Im just joking around)

Godzilla Jr remains peaceful by himself, perhaps finding friends with other kaiju.

I can see Spacegodzilla returning in 2004 or 2014, maybe this time with other kaiju or his own peons.

Battra might be reincarnated again, and maybe he'll help out against Spacegodzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Another possibility which just came to my mind is Junior somehow developing some form of psychic abilities of his own.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I can see Spacegodzilla returning in 2004 or 2014, maybe this time with other kaiju or his own peons.
I completely misread the last word of that sentence the first time I read it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

H-Man wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I can see Spacegodzilla returning in 2004 or 2014, maybe this time with other kaiju or his own peons.
:lol: aw man

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
H-Man wrote:
Ah, the sociological/thematic implications of a 120-meter kaiju [expletive]-slapping Mothra in the face.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

H-Man wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
H-Man wrote:
Ah, the sociological/thematic implications of a 120-meter kaiju [expletive]-slapping Mothra in the face.
Dang your giving me weird ideas as to if Spacegodzilla encountered Mothra in space :shock: :lol:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ah yes, the Power of Fanfiction.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I like to think the "asteroid" that Battra was suppose to stop before dying and Mothra replacing him is in fact actually the real King Ghidorah heading straight from earth. In the previous timeline, he was eventually killed when he came to earth whether by the combined efforts of Battra and Mothra or Heisei Godzilla, then his remains were stored away by the GDF for reasons unknown which then in the future, the Futurians stole some of his DNA to create the Dorats before time traveling back into the 90's to achieve their plans.

In other words the King Ghidorah we saw in the movie was pretty much just a carbon-based copy of the real King Ghidorah who killed Mothra when she went into space to stop what she thought was an "asteroid" before eventually becoming Godzilla Junior's first real foe after and enemy he fought and defeated in the current timeline after taking on his fathers legacy.

I can also see SpaceGodzilla returning at some point after healing and recharging before coming back for revenge, if you guys watch the movie real carefully after he gets defeated, he turns into spores like how Biollante did, indicating he's alive and just like her that he just retreated into outer space.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

My idea for the Heisei timeline:
Godzilla Junior, now an adult, heads to Ogasawara Island as his new home, where the people ponder whether he'll carry on his father's destructive legacy. But for Miki Saguesa, she knows she'll be seeing him "around the neighborhood".

Elsewhere in space, Mothra finally reaches her destination to destroy the meteor Battra was originally going to stop that'll destroy the Earth in 1999. But, with all her might, Mothra couldn't destroy it. But then, a barrage of purple flashes and lasers tore a chunk the hurling asteroid....
IT WAS BATTRA!

The result of second Godzilla's meltdown of Baas Island in the beginning of GODZILLA VS. DESTOROYAH, caused the submerged island to become an underwater nuclear explosion blast that spreads throughout the Japanese waters. Elsewhere, Battra's lifeless corpse gets rocked by the blast, reviving him like a defibrillator. Battra assisted Mothra as the divine moths combined their firepower to destroy the meteor. Then, Mothra offered Battra to live with her on Infant Island. Battra accepts and the two divine moths head back to Earth to their peaceful island home.

Far off in the cosmos, a giant apparition of a rose blooms as we hear a woman's echoing voice saying, "Perhaps both humanity and monsters can coexist with each other."
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra, and Biollante both return to Earth and live on Infant Island. Godzilla having no where else to goes to the island to live with the other two monsters.

The three then defend the earth from threats such as a returning SpaceGodzilla and other monsters.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GigaBowserG wrote:Might still be too soon, but I imagine sooner or later someone's discovered the dormant body of Heisei King Ghidorah underwater. While the Japanese government eventually restricts access to Ghidorah, some samples of its body circulate in the black market for high prices. Other samples are preserved, eventually leading to the creation of genetically engineered prototypes of the Dorats, though this wouldn't really come to fruition for another 150~ years.
I imagine that there will be similar restrictions regarding access to G-Cells, which too will become a commodity on the black market.
GigaBowserG wrote:The adult Junior remains a reluctant ally to humanity, fending off new monster threats that rise once a year or so, while his father's skeleton - which survived the meltdown - has been collected by the Japanese government for scientific research. Kenichi Yamane has become G-Force's leading expert on the biology of giant monsters, and heads the team responsible for unlocking the mysteries of Godzilla by way of the skeleton.
Kiryu......?!
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Jr ends up being a far more peaceful Godzilla who only shows up to fight off monsters that intrude on Japan (what he see's as his turf). Basically a bigger less goofy Showa Godzilla.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Jr ends up being a far more peaceful Godzilla who only shows up to fight off monsters that intrude on Japan (what he see's as his turf). Basically a bigger less goofy Showa Godzilla.
Late Showa to be more specific.