SpaceGodzilla's Telekinetic Pulse Question

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

SpaceGodzilla's Telekinetic Pulse Question

Post by American Godzilla »

In the movie, SpaceGodzilla (or SG for short) uses a Telekinetic Pulse that acts like EMP to short out MOGUERA in space.

Question 1: If SG used this pulse again in the final battle, he would have been left with only Godzilla to worry about. So why didn't he?

Question 2: 2014 Godzilla was shown (in the novelization, and implied in the movie) that EMP can keep him from using the atomic breath. If we assumed that all Godzillas were like that, then how would have the final battle gone if 90's Gora couldn't use his primary weapon and MOGUERA was a fried and useless robot?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

UltramanGoji

Re: SpaceGodzilla's Telekinetic Pulse Question

Post by UltramanGoji »

American Godzilla wrote: Question 1: If SG used this pulse again in the final battle, he would have been left with only Godzilla to worry about. So why didn't he?
Because if he did, it wouldn't make for an interesting movie.
American Godzilla wrote: Question 2: 2014 Godzilla was shown (in the novelization, and implied in the movie) that EMP can keep him from using the atomic breath.
Nope. The novel was written from an early script draft and is non-canon. The EMP's effect on Godzilla was not shown in the film and suffice to say it probably doesn't affect him at all.
American Godzilla wrote:If we assumed that all Godzillas were like that...
We shouldn't, because not all Godzillas are the same.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

American Godzilla wrote:In the movie, SpaceGodzilla (or SG for short) uses a Telekinetic Pulse that acts like EMP to short out MOGUERA in space.

Question 1: If SG used this pulse again in the final battle, he would have been left with only Godzilla to worry about. So why didn't he?

Question 2: 2014 Godzilla was shown (in the novelization, and implied in the movie) that EMP can keep him from using the atomic breath. If we assumed that all Godzillas were like that, then how would have the final battle gone if 90's Gora couldn't use his primary weapon and MOGUERA was a fried and useless robot?
How come your always asking if said monster could use said power to easily kill Godzilla? Just curious.

Like UltramanGoji said, all Godzillas are different, some could easily destroy monsters from others universes and they themselves could easily be destroyed. Spacegodzilla probably didnt use the pulse against Godzilla because he either-
1) Knew it wouldn't work or 2) Was in over his head with desperately wanting to kill Godzilla, even the smartest brains can get arrogant.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

American Godzilla wrote:Question 1: If SG used this pulse again in the final battle, he would have been left with only Godzilla to worry about. So why didn't he?
Because Moguera was upgraded. After being easily thrashed in space, an MECM (Magnetic & Electronic Counter Measure) jamming system was installed in its head and emitted from the dome on its back to interfere with electromagnetic waves. Moguera II - SRF wasn't just a fancy title!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

GigaBowserG wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:Question 1: If SG used this pulse again in the final battle, he would have been left with only Godzilla to worry about. So why didn't he?
Because Moguera was upgraded. After being easily thrashed in space, an MECM (Magnetic & Electronic Counter Measure) jamming system was installed in its head and emitted from the dome on its back to interfere with electromagnetic waves. Moguera II - SRF wasn't just a fancy title!
Good to know, I did not remember that! Now I must rewatch this movie :)
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.