Should I just get it?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Re: Should I just get it?

Post by gzillafan17 »

godzillafan1982 wrote:
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2 and King Ghidorah...bad???? I think MechaGodzilla 2 is one of the best ones, and King Ghidorah is another one I put off buying because I read about the time travel (I imagined they were going to go back to the Jurassic period and smash Godzilla's egg or something) and the Terminator 2 ripoffs, and it ended up REALLY surprising me. I think it has the best battle scene of all the movies.

Godzilla's Revenge...liked it when I was a kid. Bought it for cheap because I thought my kids might like it too. Know what I think would have made it a better movie? If it had been set in the 30s or something and Ishiro had turned out to be Ishiro Honda as a kid imagining all these scenarios, and then at the very end it could have jumped ahead to him as an adult making Godzilla movies.
I share extremely similar opinion on all 3 of these movies.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

godzillafan1982 wrote:Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2 and King Ghidorah...bad???? I think MechaGodzilla 2 is one of the best ones, and King Ghidorah is another one I put off buying...and it ended up REALLY surprising me.
GvMG2 is good if you only care about monster battles, I suppose, but if you want your lead character to have more development than, "I like pteranodons and pretty women," it's pretty weak. Even Miki had a bigger arc than he did, and she's a minor supporting character. Also, Mechagodzilla looks like a duck. I'm just saying. GvKG isn't awful, but even if you can look past the movie's confused take on time travel, you're still stuck with that clunky, anticlimactic ending with Mecha-King Ghidorah. The Futurians are dead, Ghidorah is dead, and Godzilla is back to full strength--the movie is over! We don't need more time travel!
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

While G vs SG isn't the best of films, I recommend getting it. If only to have a complete collection.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.