Which unmade Heisei film would you've liked to see?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

Which unmade Showa film would you've liked to see?

The Reawakening of Godzilla (1980)
No votes
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3-D (1983)
No votes
Unmade Animated Godzilla Film (1988)
2%
Godzilla 2 (Godzilla vs. Gunhed) (1989)
2%
Mothra vs. Bagan (1990)
15%
Godzilla vs. King Kong (1990)
13%
Godzilla vs. Mechani-Kong (1991)
2%
The Return of King Ghidorah (1992)
2%
Godzilla vs. Gigamoth (1992)
4%
Godzilla vs. Mechamothra (1993)
2%
Godzilla vs. Berserk (1993)
6%
Godzilla vs. Astrogodzilla (1994)
8%
Godzilla vs. Ghostgodzilla (1995)
8%
Godzilla vs. Barubaroi (1995)
2%
Godzilla vs. Bagan (1995)
13%
Jan de Bont's Godzilla (1996)
21%

Total votes: 48

The One and Only
Futurian

Re: Which unmade Heisei film would you've liked to see?

Post by The One and Only »

I went with the herd and picked the Jan DeBont, Ted Elliot, and Terry Rossio Tri-Star Godzilla flick. Despite reading the reviews of some naysayers on the first serious American attempt at bringing the Big-G. Seeing what we would got after reading the original script, the designs for Godzilla, and his foe that he would've dealt with in the flick, the Gryphon. Also top it off on the heels of Jurassic Park , dinos were back, and people were just itching to see what was coming down the pike next. GODZILLA'96 would've been a guaranteed hit, and even would've given the aliens of ID4 a run for the top spot of 1996.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The One and Only wrote:I went with the herd and picked the Jan DeBont, Ted Elliot, and Terry Rossio Tri-Star Godzilla flick. Despite reading the reviews of some naysayers on the first serious American attempt at bringing the Big-G. Seeing what we would got after reading the original script, the designs for Godzilla, and his foe that he would've dealt with in the flick, the Gryphon. Also top it off on the heels of Jurassic Park , dinos were back, and people were just itching to see what was coming down the pike next. GODZILLA'96 would've been a guaranteed hit, and even would've given the aliens of ID4 a run for the top spot of 1996.
That's cool to know m8.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

DEFINITELY the De Bont Godzilla. Just imagine if, instead of G98 and the Millennium series....we had a trilogy of US films launched by the De Bont film, and then Toho returned with their new Godzilla in 2004-2005 like they originally planned?
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I was a little undecided for The Return of King Ghidorah (I just prefer the Showa origin), Jan DeBont Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Berserk.
Finally, voted for Godzilla vs. Berserk, it sounded more interesting than vs. Mechagodzilla, at least in my opinion.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Looking at the new updated info on the vs. Berserk project, I feel like it would've been a much better film than what we ended up getting. Having Shindo's son as a main character would've been a great connector to vs. King Ghidorah, along with the Teiyo group. Honestly, the only way it could be better is if we also had a return from Major Sho Kuroki and possibly have him butt heads with General Aso on how to handle both Godzilla and Berserk.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."